Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bradner Cup Bradner Cup 2010/11

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bradner Cup

Question...

Will this cup stop teams from signing players down? I am assuming you can only have players signed to your rostor play in the cup games????

Ghouse you have to know?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: New FVSL Div1 Cup/ Bradner Cup

I'd imagine that single game permits wouldn't be allowed for these games ie no Masters players, U-21 players and up/down as these teams are also allowed to enter.

Why would you allow PAU Nomads to call guys from U-21 and/or masters if the other PAU teams are in the cup too?
You could theoretically have teams from the same club playing against each other (GEU Inter vs GEU Phoenix for example)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I just HAD to post this copied from the FVSL website...AWSOME

August 9 - ORIGINAL BRADNER CUP FOUND!
My name is Brian Brady and I am an active member of the Bradner Redshirts.

I think this is a great idea to reintroduce the Bradner Cup back into the league. I don't know if you alread have a trophy made, but I wanted to drop you a note letting you know that my father, Bob Brady, actually found the original Bradner Cup while doing a gas service call in Chilliwack a few years back. I currently am in possession of the original cup and was wondering if the league would have any interest in using the original Bradner Cup. It is a little bit beat up, but I am sure it could be refurbished.

Please enter us into the cup, as we are honored to be a part of this.

Thank you for your time.

Brian Brady
Bradner Redshirts

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

That is awesome. They have to use the cup, and a dented original would be classic. Kind of like how the Pak went missing for so many years only to reappear.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ok question. So Lower Division signed players can not play on permit on higher division teams in the Bradner Cup. Got that. So basically whatever team players are signed to, that is the team they officially can take part in the Bradner Cup with? And players have to transfer officially to take part with whatever team. Is that correct?

For higher divisions teams really looking to win this Cup, yet using a ladder system, how's this going to work? Usually ladder teams sign the league minimum, and then wait til later on in the season to sign everyone up. But Bradner Cup is starting early this year. So does that mean everyone needs to sign 16-17 now?

I would have thought that a player can play on any team within a club system, but once they compete in their first Bradner Cup game they are only allowed to play with that team throughout the competition. I think that would make more sense. As the Bradner Cup takes place way to early and way before the official signing deadline where teams sign up or down players.

Anyways, just wanted to throw that out there, see what the official rule was on the matter. Cheers.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I *believe* that you can play for the team you're signed to, no permits obviously. Once you play in the cup you are also cup tied to that team. For example, You sign D2 and play in Bradner cup, but then you play really well and your premier team calls you up. I don't think you could play in the Pak Cup for the Prem team, just the Presidents cup. That's what I remember, but I got hit in the head last night so I could be wrong :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

No... The Bradner is not like the Pak/Knights.

Talked to Thommo, No permit players are allowed in Bradner Cup, however you could in theory play for us Nomads Stall, in the Bradner early in the year, transfer to PAU D1 and still qualify to play in Pak.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any comment as to why Thommo would even bother with a post of "ur wrong" (what are we, effing 7th graders texting each other? Seriously..) without bothering to clarrify here what the exact rule is?

Executives: stop being gun shy and just post up a clarrification if you know the fcuking rules. It isn't that hard. You don't have to put your hand up the back of JBN's shirt and get him posting on your behalf.

Give me strength...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey I'm no puppet!

I chatted with him this morning about a laundry list of things I needed clarification on for this year, and simply asked while I was at it.

~Keener.

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

Attachments

• Bert.jpg
    Bert.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 324

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well I do have a rather large head, no unibrow though.

And Bert is a Muppet, not a Pupp....Ooooohhh.... I get it..
Is it still pre-season? :rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

There are now 84 entries into the Bradner Cup. What team isn't in it? That's basically every team and then some masters as well. Great response for a first year cup tournament.

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is it still just 32 teams? Will they allow another round and make it 64?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0