Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada vs Argentina

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atleast Maradona is a fully retarded coach, and didnt call Banega, Cambiasso, Javier Zanetti, milito(the defender) and Lucho to the ntl team for the world cup.

His defense and midfield is a complete mess, as seen in qualification......but man that attack.

Di Maria is going to make a name for himself this summer, he was sensational for Benfica.

Add Higuain, Milito, Messi, and Tevez....

---

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its on Score HD at 1230. They want $20 on Shaw to watch England vs Mexico this aft. In a friendly.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Sportsnet HD. Not HD quality, but way better than whats on SN, which is just a blur. A bit of an inquisition so far...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a destruction...........Canada's left back and midfielders are possibly the worst players in the Solar System.

Maybe this paticular player isn't at the level mentally but is Canada not missing guys like CJ jhooty. It became glaringly clear watching the game that we don't have a single guy with that talent level to play at this level. Our first touch just isn't silky enough in tight spaces to keep up. I realize we didn't have our best but for fukc sakes none of our guys could play in their top 30.
I also feel we don't have a proper system in place, in terms of shape and closing down space etc. Guys should be able to step into the sytem and keep shape and play a role whether they are starters or not. They closed us down so quickly, took away passing options and we gave them acres of space.

...we have a loooooong way to go

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shape? FFS, it showed Canada was in a 4 - 3 - 3........It was a 4 - 6 - 0 and simply embarrassing......shocking is the only word that can be used to describe our National team at the moment......good thing Messi wasn't playing.....double digits possibly

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah this game was clearly a lesson for Canada Mens Team and the CSA, of what not to do and what to do. Hopefully they learn something from it. NO creativity, No outhussling, No thinking with the ball, No domination or attempt of domination of possession. Craig Forrest said well when he said players aren't "thinking with the picture in mind" when making the play, translation they aren't thinking.
The National team also needs young blood. I mean DRo was good but he's now 32 and if he's Canada best forward that's just sad. Messi, Aguero, Higuain all below 23 and Tevez is 26.
Canada has just plummetted down the world rankings since winning the Gold Cup. While the US has just gotten better and better. Anyways, hopefully this is a wake up call.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thankfully the game wasn't in HD!! Could you imagine how it would have looked then.... :rolleyes:

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argentinian guys all play top level soccer around the world so it's obvious Canada wouldn't be able to compete. Where do most of the Canadian players play?

I think in "Spells" they actually looked OK. A few nice touches/moves, but then the 3rd or 4th pass a mistake was made. It happens when your not playing at the top level in the world week-in week-out.

I think they should have taken it to Argentina a bit more at the beginning rather than try and sit back and defend. The Argentina forwards can cause havoc against even the best defense in the world, their defense is much weaker than their attacking players.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argentinian guys all play top level soccer around the world so it's obvious Canada wouldn't be able to compete. Where do most of the Canadian players play?

I think in "Spells" they actually looked OK. A few nice touches/moves, but then the 3rd or 4th pass a mistake was made. It happens when your not playing at the top level in the world week-in week-out.

I think they should have taken it to Argentina a bit more at the beginning rather than try and sit back and defend. The Argentina forwards can cause havoc against even the best defense in the world, their defense is much weaker than their attacking players.

Not so easy to "take it" to them when Canada couldn't run with them when they didn't have the ball. Quicker, faster, stronger. It looked silly at times.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch you say it looks silley at times. Our guys are over running with total tunel vision. Argentina plays World ball. Canada knew Argentia was going to kick their but, at least they could have steped on the ball and play control way more they they did. I heard Terry Dunfield is going to play with them in a next match, Terry is Vancouver guy. It is simply beond silly. We must teach world soccer not kick and run soccer. Years yet before we get there.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't even watch as it's always been men against boys. Canada is the shits flat out at the top level and unfortunately always will be. I enjoy watching a good close hard fought game which usually means Canada is not involved.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't even watch as it's always been men against boys. Canada is the shits flat out at the top level and unfortunately always will be. I enjoy watching a good close hard fought game which usually means Canada is not involved.

what did you expect? Our ex coach nation now sells imported yoga balls fyi:rolleyes:

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has to be better players out there from Canada... What club teams are most of these players with? I'm positive there is some YOUNGER Canadian talent playing somewhere in Europe.

That was painful to watch

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch you say it looks silley at times. Our guys are over running with total tunel vision. Argentina plays World ball. Canada knew Argentia was going to kick their but, at least they could have steped on the ball and play control way more they they did. I heard Terry Dunfield is going to play with them in a next match, Terry is Vancouver guy. It is simply beond silly. We must teach world soccer not kick and run soccer. Years yet before we get there.

Mr Base, when they tried to step on the ball and slow down the game, they ended up giving the ball away (eg: third goal). This is the first friendly Canada's played against a world class team, for as long as I can remember, that meant something to the other squad.... AND, Messi didn't play :(.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did play brasil to a close match at Qwest a year or two ago...

Canada is currently a shambles as the have guys that would qualify to play for them, that actually are good players, choosing to play elsewhere.

we all know about Hargreaves, but Dani Fernandez (Portugal Keeper) Asmir Begovic (Bosnia Keeper) Jon De Guzman (Has been capped at youth level for Netherlands) and there are others certainly...

for three of the above players, they were overlooked for teams at the provincial or international level here in this country by twat coaches that had no business being where they were...

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada is currently a shambles as the have guys that would qualify to play for them, that actually are good players, choosing to play elsewhere.

QUOTE]Do you mean Good as in average compared to the rest of the world? Unfortunately we need Great players to compete I would say.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0