Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Winter Olympic Results

How many medals will Canada collect?

• < 10

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 11 - 14

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 15 - 19

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • > 20

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The games are here so let's get to discussing how our nation does at these games.

~TB.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no solid predictions, but positive nevertheless

Let's hope that there are no excuses like: the time change, or travel time to get to Utah. (I have heard that a lot):rolleyes:

My guess is that we will do well, c'mon, we need to make up for our last Summer Olympics performance:rolleyes:

Hopefully the women's hockey team can get over the intemidation of the US...:(

Speed skating :D - do well
Snowboarding/skiing/areals - we will gain some medals here;)

Not so up to speed with the luge and skeleton events, but I think there may be some surprises here.

I'm just watching the NBC coverage, Mr. President, get the fcuk off of the screen please!:rolleyes: +scisinabittermoodbecauseshewasthedesignateddriverallnightlong

"Go Canada Go" - Brilliant Graphics Regsi ;) (Top right corner)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada vs Kazakhstan-Women

Okay, regardless of the outcome, if the Canadians play like that in matches to come, they're not going to make it to the medal round!:rolleyes:

I thought I was watching a shooting gallery, or, a sword match.:(

They cannot afford to have so many give-a-ways against the stronger teams. To me it looked like they were trying to put on a clinic , but it resulted in a scrappy looking scramble for the left over change at the laundry mat.:eek:

+SChopesthecanadianscanbemorecomposedingamestocome:cool:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not until you let me have my missus back

+Scdoesn'twantpeopletogetmadeatherafterpostingtheresult

I lost count apres six-nil:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
19 medals

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!!!:p We will win medals in both men's and women's hockey... men's and women's curling... men's and women's long/short track speed skating (Ireland, Le May Doan, Witherspoon) and already has one (Klassen)... a shot in men's boarding and women's downhill (Anderson & Forsythe)... a good shot at pairs figure skating and an outside shot at Elvis medaling!!! All in all I think Canada will have the most successful Winter Olympics yet (beating 15 medals in Nagano);)

GO CANADA GO!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make that 18

Wotherspoon slipped and fell in the 500m. No medal for him. Better luck in the 1000m I hope.

T"howdoIspellCanada?CehNehD.......eh?"R

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Well I guess she should have taken him out at the knees

That was fcuking crap!!!!!!

Canada deserved the Gold without a doubt tonite in the skating pairs competition. I still can't believe it... imagine how Pelltier (sp?) and Sale must feel?

At least they got a good shot in during the warmup like all good Canadian kids should... :rolleyes:

~TBwhostillcan'tbelieveit.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garbage

TheRob can't believe it either.:mad:It looks like the Eastern block is alive and well. Pelletier should have dropped the skate guards and gone with that Russian. How sweet would that have been? A figure skating brawl.:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking "BIAS" judging!!!

WTF??? I'm in complete confusion at how any "ONE" nevermind FIVE judges could possibly find flaws in Sale and Pelltier's performance and truelly believe that the Ruskies were better!!!:confused: It goes to show how International judges are accustomed to handing Canadians Silver or Bronze for a Golden performance!!!:mad: It is a fcuking scandal!!!:mad: It has to be said first class to them for the way in which they conducted themselves in front of the camera!!! If that had of been me I would have went Banana's!!!:mad: Go Canada Go!!!

BTW, anyone else out there think the Yanks deserved the Bronze??? :confused:

GuinnesslovestheOlympicsbutcan'tstandthepolitics!!!:mad:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
busy visitor

I'll be very busy taking out some of those bitches (judges) when I'm in Utah. Fckers better watch their back in a few days when I reach!:mad:

+SCsaysitisonlyabeginingtolousyresults:(

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking disgraceful.

Only thing you can say. Pelltier should have climbed over the boards and bitch slapped the Chinese and Polish judges. :eek:

yoursintriplecamelloops.

The yanks deserved bronze too...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Scott Hamilton

WTF??? I'm in complete confusion at how any "ONE" nevermind FIVE judges could possibly find flaws in Sale and Pelltier's performance and truelly believe that the Ruskies were better!!! It goes to show how International judges are accustomed to handing Canadians Silver or Bronze for a Golden performance

Now you're a fcuking figure skating expert? When is this going to end, oh great poofter? You should stick to trying to get some camel toe rather than analyzing the guys in their slim fitting slacks! :eek:

Captain who proudly supports Celtic and not figure skaters

BTW, the Canadians were robbed again.....;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

Don't you listen to him.

You harness your rage into a fierce little ball of hairy anger and dispatch an indignant e-mail to the International Ice Boogie Association and let them know just how melancholy and blue we all feel.

We're all counting on you.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody really fcuking care about Canada winning gold, silver or bronze in figure skating? Give me a break!! I find it hard to care about a sport with personalities such as Toller Cranston, Emmanuel Sandhu ( does Indo fly him in on weekends too?:D ) and Brian Orser. Who gives a shite?? Bring on the hockey baby!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predetermined???

(Feb 12) BY BEVERLEY SMITH, The Globe and Mail

Salt Lake City -- The outcome of the Olympic ice dancing competition has already been determined, sources believe, and Canadian champions Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz will likely be shut out of the medals.

Allegations of prejudging and deal-making have been made in the past, such as four years ago at the Nagano Games, where the nine-time Canadian champions finished fourth. This time, they are slotted for fifth place behind Italy, Russia, France and Lithuania.

Some expected a last-minute push to get the Russian ice dancers, Irina Lobacheva and Ilia Averbukh, into position for the gold ahead of Italians Barbara Fusar-Poli and Maurizio Margaglio on Friday if Elena Berezhnaia and Anton Sikharulidze of Russia hadn't won gold in the pairs event last night.

The Canadians will face trouble right from the start, when a group of judges will agree to try to force Bourne and Kraatz into fifth place after the first compulsory dance. Canada does not have a judge on the panel. The draw for judges was made three months ago and also excluded the United States and France.

Continuing allegations of improper judging led Richard Pound of Montreal, a former vice-president of the International Olympic Committee, to call again in December for the removal of ice dancing from the Olympic program.

He first suggested dropping dance from the Olympics in 1998, after judging scandals marred the event in Nagano. Pound, who is aware that judging is still an issue, suggests replacing the ice-dancing competition with a team event, including men's, women's and pairs skaters, in a format similar to a gymnastics team event.

He said there are fewer problems with singles and pairs skating. "The competitions are won on the ice and not in clandestine meetings before the event takes place."

The Salt Lake competition will have judges from Russia, Italy, Israel, Ukraine, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, Switzerland, Germany, Bulgaria and Poland. On the panel is Yuri Balkov, the Ukrainian judge who rattled off the order of finish before the free dance at the Nagano Games to Canadian judge Jean Senft, who recorded the conversation. When Senft presented the evidence to the International Skating Union, she was suspended along with Balkov.

Balkov showed up at the world championships in Vancouver last March and managed to get accreditation and take over from another Ukrainian judge.

The only competition that seemed to break the alleged mould of predetermined judging was the Grand Prix Final in Kitchener, Ont., in December. Five of the seven judges placed French skaters Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizerat first after the first free dance and Bourne and Kraatz first after the second. Bourne and Kraatz ended up winning the event, while the reigning world champions, Fusar-Poli and Margaglio of Italy, were placed fourth after skating the same program that won them the world title.

The five judges at Kitchener were asked to write multiple letters of explanation by Russian referee Alexander Gorshkov, who will also referee the dance event at Salt Lake.

There was no Russian judge on the panel for the Grand Prix Final. A Russian substitute judge placed the Italians first in all segments of the Grand Prix Final competition, but his vote didn't count. Gorshkov's placements also put the Italians first overall.

The president of the International Skating Union, Ottavio Cinquanta, was said to be very annoyed that Fusar-Poli and Margaglio weren't on the medals podium at the Grand Prix Final. Cinquanta, an Italian, lives in Milan, where the Italian dancers train.

Bronco, shut your yap and fcuk the hell off you useless twat!!!

Guinnesshatesthefixedscoresandshadyjudges!!!:mad: :mad:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite, I gues Guiness cares about figure skating. who's your favourite Guineeee??:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness take a breath.

It sucks they lost/ got screwed , but really have you ever watched skating before? Is this what you watch Saturday afternoons while you wait for Bowling to come on? Lets be honest you know shite about skating and you could give two shits about it's politics.

Waiting to be called daft, KNVB

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb

Thanks Dafty!!! (how's that)???
I never claimed to be an expert, just an unhappy Canadian Olympic fan!!!:mad:

Yours in Figure Skating analysis, Judge Guinness;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

I watched the replay "live" on NBC after I heard about the fiasco, and was happy to see that the Russian male shook his head in disbelief when shaking hands with the Canadians at the podium. Did you see it as well?

And on top of all that, they managed to do it after the warmup collision.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0