Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Winter Olympic Results

How many medals will Canada collect?

• < 10

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 11 - 14

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 15 - 19

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • > 20

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesnt matter which sport it was wether it was hockey or figure skating its still a gold medal which canada should of won and we where screwed !

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadians with Class

Pellttier and Sale, nothing but class I tell ya! (just watched the interview)

It's hard to be so modest:D
+SClovesthecanadianswithclass;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Sade perform in the opening ceremonies?

~TBwhohopesAnneMurrayperformsintheclosingceremonies.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Webman, now your post just looks silly.:eek:

+SCthinksthewebmanisouttomakeafoolofher:rolleyes: (jj)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree.....

nothing but class

SC,

I agree totally. Sale has a great ass. Did you see the photo on the front page of the Province. Tremendous knickers too.

Yes, it would have been nice to win gold for Canada. However, I just watch figure skating when it is the women's singles, hoping to see a few nice asses when the skirts fly up. Quality entertainment. That is what womens' sports are all about. :)

The Sexist Captain

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandu...

Did anyone see the Emmanuel Sandu interview? Did he drop out of the mens competition or the WOMENS He was wearing fcuking make up...for the love of god....

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I agree.....

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock

SC,

I agree totally. Sale has a great ass. Did you see the photo on the front page of the Province. Tremendous knickers too.

Yes, it would have been nice to win gold for Canada. However, I just watch figure skating when it is the women's singles, hoping to see a few nice asses when the skirts fly up. Quality entertainment. That is what womens' sports are all about. :)

The Sexist Captain
Oh Capt'n,
yes, yes, way to make something athletic, sexy - I was thinking she had a great set of teeth too:rolleyes:

Gaffa baby, I pray for you...Haven't you ever seen a DragQueen show? The men tend to wear make-up in times when they are 'trying' to portray women:rolleyes:

+SCsays,whatevertheclownswanttowear,letthem,wewillalljusthaveagoodlaughattheirexpense:) ;) I think the men wear that shite in ballroom too:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My take on figure skating is about the same as Captain’s. I am a huge fan of Canadians in the Games though, so I watched. To my eyes, our pairs were better in all aspects. Yes, we were robbed. Leno had them on tonight, and played our beloved anthem for them. Thanks Jay!

Also, Sandhu didn't drop out because of his knee; he broke a nail.

We should do a poll: should judged events be dropped from the Olympics? My vote: yes.

One of the sports that should be added is Downhill Mountain Bike Racing. As someone who competes, and is also a huge fan, I can tell you it belongs. Also Telemark Skiing. Both don't require judges. If you're not familiar w/ DH MB, check it out! It takes more balls, athleticism, and anaerobic capacity than most other sports I can think of. Made for TV, and very entertaining as well.

Dude.
:cool:

P.S.: Well done Guinness. You should never be ashamed of having the Canadian Flag tatooed on your heart.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Made for TV
Sorry, but it's the Olympics we're talking about here, not the Extreme Games. Otherwise BMX racing would be in the Summer Olympics.

I believe that this controversy couldn't have happened to a better pair of athletes. Jamie Salé and David Pelletier have conducted themselves amazingly well -- publicly disappointed, but not bitter; serious, but not mad; and witty, without being sarcastic. Although it can't replace the feeling of standing on the gold podium, in the end they'll be better off with this happening than with winning gold. I mean, who hasn't heard their names by now?

Pelletier was great on Leno last night. "I may be French-Canadian, but when I kissed the ice, there was no tongue." :)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gracious....

The Winter Olympics are huge news in the UK and, obviously, everyone on the tube this morning was talking about the figure skating. Torvill and Dean would have rockfcuked the lot of 'em. Nevermind downhill mountain bike racing, why wouldn't they have underwater and high-elevation ironing?

Hopefully the Captain's skating bird with the nice funbags will land the lucrative and traditional Canadian post-Olympic Pert Shampoo advert campaign. That's what the Olympics are all about.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Keeper
Sorry, but it's the Olympics we're talking about here, not the Extreme Games. Otherwise BMX racing would be in the Summer Olympics.

Fcuk- you really are stale, aren't you? I suppose you're a big fan of the Modern Pentathelon too. Giddy-up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
About time

I'm happy to see you've realized it. Gymnastics isn't corrupt with the judging, and it isn't as stale as you, so I'd make the exception. That sport would be spared my Olympic Reforms...until it gets 'Keeper-like'.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastest women on ice

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold at last, well once she makes it to the medal ceremony :D

~TBstokedforthechickenswedesmatchtomorrow.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The flood gates are open.

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - JOHN MARCHESAN (tsn.ca) Canada has claimed its fourth medal of the Winter Olympics with a bronze in cross-country skiing.

Beckie Scott of Vermilion, Alberta finished third in the women's 5km Free Pursuit. She managed to outrace Katerina Neumannova of the Czech Republic, the current World Cup leader, for the medal.

Earlier this week, Scott placed sixth in the 10 km event, which was Canada's best ever Olympic cross-country result up until today.

Olga Danilova of Russia finished first in time of 24:52.13, six seconds ahead of teammate Larissa Lazutina.

Sara Renner of Golden, B.C. finished 19th while Milaine Theriault of Moncton, New Brunswick finished 35th.

Previously, the best Canadian Olympic cross-country ski result ever was a seventh-place finish by the women's 4x5-kilometre relay team at the 1976 Games in Innsbruck, Austria.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Gold

Sale, Pelletier awarded gold
French judge suspended

Last Updated: Fri Feb 15 14:58:37 EST 2002
CBC SPORTS ONLINE - Canada's Jamie Sale and David Pelletier will be awarded a gold medal in Olympics pairs figure skating, and a suspect judge has been suspended.

The decisions were announced on Friday at a news conference held by International Olympic Committee (IOC) chief Jacques Rogge and Ottavio Cinquanta, head of the International Skating Union (ISU).

The IOC made the decision on the recommendation of the ISU, which had reviewed evidence that a French judge had been pressured into favouring Russians Yelena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze in the pairs event on Monday.
I guess we'll take it :D

~TB.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0