Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2015 Playoff Edition - Round One vs Calgary

Who'll win the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flames in 4

• Flames in 5

• Flames in 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with the D being woeful as well as Bonino. Not sure how Hansen gets slotted in with the twins, Baertschi should have been slotted in and the other lines left as they were.

~ArmchairQB101.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Flames, so far, are showing that they are younger, faster, and play harder.
2. Canucks have already overachieved (who really expected that they would be in play-offs?).
3. Canucks players know that they cannot win Stanley Cup and once that mindset takes over it is hard to compete against any team that plays harder (in this case Flames).
4. Please, compare how some other teams play (with how Canucks play) and compare the atmosphere in some other cities with atmosphere in Vancouver - it is clear that neither, Canucks and Vancouver, deserve to see the 2nd round. Did Canucks even have a sell out for first two games? I remember hearing that the tickets were available even on the game day.
5. Hartley is better coach than Desjardins (nothing against Willie but a rookie coach with an aging team almost does not stand a chance against an experienced coach, Stanley Cup winner, who has a younger, faster, and hungrier team).

Do Canucks have a chance now to win 3 games in a row against Flames? Yes, of course, but they have to be better, play harder, outwork Flames, think that not only they can beat Flames but that they can also win the Cup, play that type of hockey that will create a great atmosphere, and hope that Desjardins has learned a lot during the first 4 games and that he can outcoach Hartley. What is the chance that all those elements suddenly come into place?

By the way, I cannot stand Team 1040 anymore. They are bunch of local reporters whose main goal is to stir the sh*t and nothing else! Yes, I know that it is their job to create a controversy but there should be some class in it.

This morning they are bringing back Tortorella and his statement that the team was stale (last year). Goodness, really!? Why now, you morons? Why not push for that when Tortorella was fired after only a year? Did not Tortorella play Sedins 25, 26 minutes a game? And he was not good for that! Now, when Desjardins plays them less than 20 he is not good either!?
Just yesterday they were "demanding" that Desjardins plays Sedins more and he did. What happened? Nothing! Canucks lost again so it is obviously not about Sedins' playing time (it is much, much deeper than that and Tortorella was right all the time). But, the way Team 1040 presents it is so unprofessional and ridiculous that it is hard to listen that sh*t!
If Sedins played every game 25 minutes it would be about how Sedins did not show up (again) in play-offs! Just an amazing bunch of amateurs (Team 1040)! Totally unprofessional!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow I agree with most of that post. Take your point #4 and apply that to what I have been saying in the Whitecaps thread about Vancouver not really being that great of a sports town. Maybe you can rethink the absurd #'s that you and other people claim we will get if only they opened the whole stadium up.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On point #5, didn't CBC put something up that he had the 2nd most wins for a rookie coach?

I wasn't listening well at that point and don't know if they meant all-time, overall in the NHL, or just for the Canucks... anyone know?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And as far as #4 goes, this year was a blip on the radar for attendance, they dropped to 7th from traditionally being around fifth amongst playoff teams. They were selling out for years, until the Torteralla collapse came along. Despite that they are still at almost 99 per cent this year after being at 100 percent or better previously.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2014
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Last edited:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think there have been a lot of nug, nug, wink, wink sellouts going on for a few years before that, this was just the first year they admit they aren't selling out. Remember we are still not that far off from the Messier/Keenan years when some nights they would be lucky to get 15,000

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow I agree with most of that post. Take your point #4 and apply that to what I have been saying in the Whitecaps thread about Vancouver not really being that great of a sports town. Maybe you can rethink the absurd #'s that you and other people claim we will get if only they opened the whole stadium up.

STD, my point re that issue (opening the whole stadium) was from entirely different angle but I am not going to waste my time (again) explaining it.

By the way, I promised to Dude (and maybe you) that I am not going to comment about that anymore so I want to keep my word.

Also, I do not want to come into situation that I have to hug Dude and that is exactly what I'd have to do if I commented intimate atmosphere again.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard on the radio that Hansen is taking line rushes with the Sedin's again. How many coaches and how many times has this been tried with no success yet they keep trying it. Frustrating I would rather see Teibert out there with them.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanev has to learn that there is a thing called taking the body. Bieksa has to learn that there is a thing called taking the body without taking a penalty and their is a thing called 100 per cent you are going to get a penalty if you retaliate. Plus standing around screening your goaltender does not help.

Having said that, that penalty called on Bieksa after getting his mouth smashed in the first period was am absolutely awful call. The offence on Bieksa was far worse.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M Bieksa is not smart enough. That kid hit him high up that was the moment that he head to teach the kid instead Bieksa chip shots and expects to get away with it. The reason they do not take the body because the coaches did not work on it. Same goes for fist twenty minutes. Team can not get out of first gear. All that comes fro low practices. Canucks ratio of recover is six of one Calgary is two out of one. This is why Calgary is buzzing around.
All I can say if Canucks win tomorrow some guys will step it up to next gear.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not hopeful considering what we are all witnessing BUT the Canucks need an event to get momentum going the other way. If Miller can stand on his head and get a shutout then we can then maybe get into the Flames' heads. Something needs to happen to rally around or else we will be done tomorrow night. Unfortunately with Burrows and Richardson out and our D-men being very fragile it's not looking good.

I say play Bo up on the second line…this kid has something that we need.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Losing Richardson & Burrows is huge. Two heart and soul guys who have a knack for scoring tough goals.

Not having Kassian hurts us, too.

Not saying we were doomed to start, but a lot had to go right for the 'Nucks to win this. I was and still am hoping for a win in 7, but realistically...stick a fork in 'em.

BTW...regarding the stadium....why would anyone pay to watch with that atmosphere? I hear that the ushers actually frown upon and discourage rowdiness. WTF? Orca Bay only has themselves to blame, here.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not if we give them Sbisa and Bonino back in time for the second round.

Kesler didn't want to be here and he gave the Canucks 1 team to deal with. Not exactly dealing from a position of strength.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise not really. We got Lucas Sbiesa he is fine, young strong good future player> Bonino will bring a young guy this summer that is OK, I do not think he likes Vancouver he is more Phillie type of player. Winipeg did not know how to play against Kesler. If Canucks get through all they have to do is get Dorsset to kick him around get him off of his game . With addition of Sven Baertschi and one more guy from Utica we are not that far. Only problem we have is our D is dropping back, they must stnand up to attackers on a shoot in keeper can control the puck and move it. Lack was getting bombed by the close shot. Reason forwards like twins and Bonino are not willing to pay the price. They play la la hockey on the boards. Did you see our guys in the slot area in these few games? Late guy feed the puck and shoot.
We are out coached due to Willies junior mind.

Last edited:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you think Bonino (who is absolutely garbage) and Sbiesa (who is so overpaid now) is comparable to what Kesler brings is equal....your crazy. That was a terrible trade, said it from day one.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sbisa is a young man there is ten years left in him. Kesler three four years left in him. Bonino is a good third line player. If Benning moves him he will bring a second line wing. Bo will move up to second line next year. It's up to Linden and Benning to shore up the third line in size and speed. Sven Baertschi could well end-up with BO as he does have speed for second line. Kassian could be the guy on the side of Bo and Baertschi. Twins and Verbata looked good this year. 100 point is not easy thing to do.
Garnier ,Shinkaruk and Jensen and Archibuald just need a chance. Things are not so bad. Willie is making it look worse than it is.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why the fcuk do all the D think it is suddenly better to try and lug the puck out of the zone?!?!

Pass the fcuking puck!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0