Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks - Linden- 2014/2015 changes [Off season]

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Hiller or Miller might be here in near future. As make sure we have older guy with Lack. Florida wants way much for first pick.
Markstrom might endup in Philli. Linden and Benning are very slow to make any moves with youth. We might see Nik Drazenovic here in the fall or with Utica.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Giving tow first round picks for one unproven centre would be dumb move.
Wrong, you're telling me our 6th or 10th(should we complete a trade with the Ducks) plus an unproven mid first rounder (Hunter Shinkaruk) for Sam Reinhart is dumb? FFS... If it was deal maker I'd throw in Tanev or Corrado.
This is why Canucks are spinning wheels now. They got rid of Hodgson yet he has more points than most of Canucks guys. They gave Raymond up for nothing yet he has more goals than most of Canucks guys.
Raymond (UFA - doesn't apply to our conversation- not relevant, we didn't trade him) went 19 g and 26 a in 82 games last year (Second Line on team that didn't make Playoffs)
Hodgson (Traded for our best young Winger)went 20 g 24 a in 72 games last year (First Line C on worst team in hockey)
Hardly feats of strength there Base.
The Nucks are where they are now because they traded those draft pick assets to get guys like Derek Roy when they had no reasonable chance to win the cup...They rented players they couldn't afford. Gillis lost the plot and they drafted terribly over the last two decades.
There is no way Benning would give up two first round picks,he might be more of muppet then me. Giving up Perlini is not like Benning. Keslerès trade will bring that line two centre till Bo steps in to that spot.
So let me get this straight....Kesler is going to a team desperate for a Second Line Centre, and we're going to give him up for....a second line centre? :inpain::inpain::inpain::inpain::inpain::inpain:
Linden might be a wimp in hart but I am sure he will think before he makes a dumb move.
Benning will add sandpaper guys to this club, Not some mama boys. He will add Ritchie in a sec if he has a chance. You guys are dreaming if you think Dale and Florida are that dumb. No chance with out NHL guys going the other way. Burrows, Henson or Higgens. One of them would have to move. As you should know Luie was here last few days. Florida wants Kesler not some bush players. Benning would add Aki fefore Sam.
Big Bjug from Florida would be coming this way.
As early as Thursday knight you will see Kesler going to Worm winds. Could be south could be south east.

I can't make heads or tails of all this dribble, thus it doesn't deserve a response...except for the fact that Kesler has two teams on his list for a reason: He wants to win...can't do that in Florida. And they have 2 pretty good young C's including Aleksander Barkov.

You're entitled to an opinion, as is everyone...try and have it based in fact and reality though...

I'll predict the Nucks trade Kesler to Anaheim, they'll get the 10th pick back as part of the deal and they'll fail at trying to jump up in the draft to get Reinhart.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no way I would trade Kesler to Ducks. Dumb move number one. Kesler to Philli yes or Kesler to Pitsburg or St Louis yes. Reinhart is not worth it. Bennet or Richie will be just as good players in NHL. Florida will take Nick Ritchie as number one, Dale loves power forwards that can fight and score. Aki is what Canucks need. I just do not think they will get the guy. Way much to pay for him.
That's why Florida is willing to trade. Reinhart will most likely slip to fourth over all. Good player lacks speed in counter attack. If he improves that part of his game he could play in top six in a year or sooner.
Virtanen or Perlini is our best bet. Buy one or two UFA guys. Add Hiller trade Kesler for number one line wing and a big D to help around the net. I think St Louis has those two guys and Chicago has the two guys we need. Time will tell. Tomorrow is the day. My got tell me clubs will play games with Linden and Benning. Could be wrong but not by much.
One plays lots of golf in Penticton and then thinks he knows it all.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Kesler has the hammer - as of latest rumors he's only waived for the Ducks or Hawks.
2. Kesler won't go to Philly because Umberger is there. Do you have no memory for such a dedicated Canucks fan?
3. Who the FCUK has Nick Ritchie with respect to the top 5? Most have him outside the top 10.
4. I guess FLA trades the pick.
5. Aki? (I'll guess you're talking about Ekblad) - The Canucks don't need DMen, they need Forwards, specifically Centres.
6. I'll buy you dinner Mr. Base if Reinhart falls to 4th.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johhny Kesler might have a hammer but he will be in Vancouver in the fall if he does not let it go. He play's hard game but in my opinion he is making a big mistake.
Yes I meant Ekblad, he would be taken as number one. If not both Linden and Benning would have rocks for the brain. If what you said is true, giving Shinkaruk, a roster player and this years sixth spot for number one. What the fruck they are nuts in my opinion.
When you see how many guys are out there to buy why would you do dumb things like that.
Shinkaruks reminds me of Pavel Bure. Trading him is nuts in my opinion. Reinhart is a good player but his skating is 6 out of ten. This league is getting faster and bigger. I just do not see why one would pay that much for unproven player like Reinhart. To get that good Finn or top Sweed yes they can fly on skates and score goals. That's the Canucks biggest problem. They must have 6 guys that score over twenty goals to make the playoffs. As of now they have one.
One must add what one needs not what TSN scouts rank. Any guy in top twenty could end-up as a top player in NHL. Eklab scores on PK, he has a rocket for a shot plays very well in his zone. That's one guy that can score twenty goals.
Dal Colle is a goal score with size and speed. In my opinion more needed. Buying into TSN moter mouth guys is not a smart thing. Just look at Boston they go to American League and American U Schools and add good players.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
After months of speculation through the trade deadline and into the offseason, the Vancouver Canucks have traded Ryan Kesler to the Anaheim Ducks.

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports that the deal appears to be done.

The return to the Canucks is forward Nick Bonino, defenceman Luca Sbisaand the 24th overall pick in the 2014 NHL Draft. The teams will swap third-round picks once the deal goes through, according to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun.

Kesler has spent his entire 10-year career with the Canucks and his entering the fifth year of a six-year deal worth an average annual value of $5 million.

The 29-year-old centre posted just 43 points (25 goals, 18 assists) in 77 games. He has scored 182 goals, 211 assists for 393 points in 655 career NHL games.

The two-time U.S. Olympian had a career-high 41 goals in 2010-2011, winning the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the NHL's best defensive forward and playing a major part in leading the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Final - a seven-game loss to the Boston Bruins.

WELL DONE !

Love it!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garrison gone to Tampa for a 2nd round pick.

Cap space and now we have 2 1st rounders, 2 seconds, and 2 3rds in this draft... I'm liking where this is all going today!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 Picks in the top 50 now. We've left Re-loading and have started re-building.

5 picks in top 50 tonight and tomorrow... Plus Gaunce (Maybe a future 3rd liner) Cassels (AHL Star/sometime NHL 3rd liner) Shinkaruk (Second line winger, poor mans Eberle, small good skating fast hands) and Bo Horvat (tops out as decent 1st line C probably 2nd line C)

Not bad... I like that we are going to NOT make the Playoffs and will get another lottery pick next year.

I'd have liked more in return for Kesler, but glad he's gone.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Per Capgeek and the to be confirmed $71.1MM Cap.

9 Forwards under contract: Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Bonino, Matthias, Richardson, Hansen & Sestito
6 Defensemen: Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Sbisa, Corrado & Stanton
2 Tenders: Lack and Markstrom.
UFA's: Santorelli, & Alberts
RFA's: Dalpe, Schroeder, Kassian, Weber & Tanev.

$21,483,889 in Cap Space.. with this as a depth chart
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Bonino-Hansen
Sestito-Matthias- x
x -Richardson- x
Edler - Bieksa
Hamhuis-Sbisa
Corrado-Stanton
Lack
Markstrom

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can you miss Kassian in there?

He's going to keep progressing and I like him much better than Hansen on that second line.

I'd also push up Mattius to the second with bonino going to the other wing and slotting Horvat in on the 3rd line with higgins and hansen

Sestito belongs no where near a third line except at wedding buffets :)

Oh and now we need to fit in Dorsett somewhere :)

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear the canucks have floated the 6th,24th and shincarichuck or whatever, for fla 1st overall. I'd do it. but then again i'm the guy going to Cher tonight instead of watching the draft. I know, i know............i know.( Hanging head in shame.) so were do i turn in my man card?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One could see Benning and his coaches do something like this.
1.Twins and Bonino/Shinkaruk could endup with twins. He will give it all. Bonino might start on line two but I see him be with twins.
2. Higgens Matthias Burrows
3. Jensen Horvat Dorsett
4. Richardson Henson Sestito Gaunce,Cassels

Hamhuis Spisa
BieksaTenev
Edler Stanton
Corrado Anderson, Sauve

Hiller Lack Markstrom
Not so bad any more. With today's draft one must be happy to see Virtanen as a Canuck, I am even more happy with our twenty fourth selection. Very good two way player. Could end-up on Canucks before many guys.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benning just said they brought Bonino in specifically to be a center, which makes sense, because they just traded a top 6 center away. And you say that you see him with the twins? On what bloody planet? I'd say stick to soccer Base, but...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB yes second line centre but you will see him with twins as he can also play on left side. On PK and against top clubs. I think Santorelli will endup with Bonito on a second line if the club gives him two years. I still think Higgens or Burrows might change the cub this summer. Benning wats the team younger and faster. Higgens might end-up in a trade for number one golie. Club will make space for younger guys. Young man club got from US School will be on the fourth line.
MTKB new coach moves guys around and sits guys out if they are not willing to play with high pace.
Twins better get in good shape. Youth is on a move. Dorsett loves to hit and can fight. I see no reason for Sestito sticking around.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0