Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Caps playoffs 2009

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They USL-1 Playoffs are here and the Caps host Carolina tomorrow night at swangard and then play in Carolina sunday afternoon.

Should be good.

Caps have only lost 1 in the last 10, and are now getting healthy.

I have 3 tickets for anyone interested in going to the game, PM me.

I will be there with some friends, but have a lot of tickets that were unused from the reg season games that can be traded in for new G.A. Tix for Tomorrow night.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They USL-1 Playoffs are here and the Caps host Carolina tomorrow night at swangard and then play in Carolina sunday afternoon.

Should be good.

Caps have only lost 1 in the last 10, and are now getting healthy.

I have 3 tickets for anyone interested in going to the game, PM me.

I will be there with some friends, but have a lot of tickets that were unused from the reg season games that can be traded in for new G.A. Tix for Tomorrow night.

Are they free:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes. although a pint could be appreciated in return ;)

I will be at the picnic tables with the Southsiders that is in the park beside the East Parking lot bevvying pre-game.

The tickets need to be picked up from me and then traded in for new ones at will call, which opens at 6:30.

Game kicks off at 7:30.

They get redeemed for General Admission "Standing room only" tix, but tix nonetheless.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes. although a pint could be appreciated in return ;)

I will be at the picnic tables with the Southsiders that is in the park beside the East Parking lot bevvying pre-game.

The tickets need to be picked up from me and then traded in for new ones at will call, which opens at 6:30.

Game kicks off at 7:30.

They get redeemed for General Admission "Standing room only" tix, but tix nonetheless.

when is this for today ?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
home game 0-0

away they lose 1-nil

they have not impressed this year... Not a fan of tater tot

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the words of Ghouse or lfc1234 (I can't be arsed to actually look)
Are you high!?

The Caps have been scoring, but giving up late goals due to inexperience at the back and in the middle of the park.

Nash is back, Chin is playing really well.

They have some goliath in the centre of defense that was really good Friday night, and they leaked a goal that totally against the run of play right after a bad call by the offical...

They have lost 1 in the last ten against, mostly, teams as good or better than Carolina.

I'll say 2 or 3 -1 at home and be lucky for a draw away.

As far as Teitur, how can you not be a fan of his since his teams have been WAY superior than Fonseca and Lilley's teams in the past as far as actual results and on field entertainment?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps won the first leg, as did all the home teams, and thus lower seeds.

They won 1-0 on a goal by Randy Edwini-Bonsu.

Caps had all the possession and chances in the first half, but couldn't capitalize...

Second half was give and take with a bit more control perhaps with Carolina.

Ref missed an easy peno call right at the end of the first half that would have put the Caps up 1-0 going into halftime... :(

If they go through they will automatically face Portland.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps drew Carolina in their park 0-0 yesterday!

We now have the chance at our dream final...

We get Portland here Thursday and at PGE on Sunday, with the potential to go through and face Montreal in the Final...

Would be sweet.

Portland dominated the league but have been off form for some time and had the bye and all that...

The match on Thursday will be a good one.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why do all the games have to be on Thursday!!! :mad::mad:

why does 7-11 put locks on the door?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in".. . but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

WHY WHY WHY

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thrilling 1 - 0 aggregate over 2 legs.......talking to someone inside the Whitecaps organization really shows how bad the style of football is. :(

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carolina is arguably the best organized team defensively in this league, winning on aggregate 1-0 is a-ok in my books.

Leg 1 was very entertaining, lots of chances and good action throughout the field of play, very little kick and chase, and some excellent passing football by both teams.

this series against Portland will be VERY good to watch...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, again... are you high?

Teitur plays an upbeat, high tempo, pace pushing style with short passing among the midfielders or piercing balls into space for wingers and strikers to latch on to...
This is not anti-football or negative football like they played under Lilley. It's also not throw 8 up the park and forget you have your own final third like they did under Fonseca.

(They also didn't have this quality of keeper under either guys before Teitur)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, again... are you high?

Teitur plays an upbeat, high tempo, pace pushing style with short passing among the midfielders or piercing balls into space for wingers and strikers to latch on to...
This is not anti-football or negative football like they played under Lilley. It's also not throw 8 up the park and forget you have your own final third like they did under Fonseca.

(They also didn't have this quality of keeper under either guys before Teitur)

so from 2008-Present this is what we have

6 more goals for
8 more goals against
11 fewer points
No seattle sounders
2 new teams that should not be in the league...

yes johnny i'm smokin what your smokin

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you go to the games? seriously?

Also worth noting there in your rant you are missing the fact that the Caps have a smaller (in terms of numbers) roster which was ravaged by injury this season.

also worth noting that Teitur was the manager in 2008...

also worth noting that the USL and even A League has ALWAYS had many as many as 4 teams that shoudl not be in the league (Calgary Mustangs, Edmonton FC, Toronto Lynx, Atlanta, etc etc etc)

It is nice to see that the 4 teams in the league that have been traditionally strong, or in the chase for the last number of years are there in the final 4: WFC, Portland, Montreal, and Puerto Rico...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0