Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Caps playoffs 2009

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh man :eek:

Awkward :confused:

I wouldn't take that bet either way, not that there's anything wrong with that... /waive limp wrist/

But I really wouldn't be offering to like/lick someone's sack if Teitur is the manager for the MLS incarnation of WFC... He is on the verge of winning title #2 (Yes, in a mickey mouse league) has shown really well in the CCL, has a team of youngsters that nobody thought would get this far, has helped wee Gordon Chin resuscitate his career, and has really young players Haber, Knight, Bonsu, Versailles, and others playing with savvy vets atthe top of their game.

I don't see anything that would lead me to believe that he isn't candidate #1 right now, since Bobbaduzzi has publicly said that at minimum he sees 6 or7 current Caps on their MLS roster right now, perhaps more.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leg 1 USL Final
Impact 3
Caps 2

Caps play like crap in the first half and are down by 1

Second half, Nash gets a deserved red and somehow they manage to tie it up.

Montreal goes ahead 2-1 and then again the Caps tie it up.

Just when it looks like the Caps are going to 'escape' with the tie, Sebrango - who had just come on as a sub - scores the winner from the 1 inch line.

Not sure what tater-tot was thinking with the line-up he started, maybe he has been watching too many TFC games :rolleyes: Where was Chin? I thought he had resurrected his career?

Nash put his team in a big hole and now sits for the return leg in Montreal.

Of course the Caps will probably win that game to force the mini game and end up losing in PKs...

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, when the second leg gets played in Montreal, the referee will be from Vancouver? Paul, Mauricio, book your ticket...

A little weird that leg 1 had a referee from Montreal, n'est pas?

Just talking optics here.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see someone else actually feel that was a straight red card. 2 footed ridiculous tackle, maxwellesc. Also nice to see a ref with large enough ovaries to make a game changing call when appropriate. There was almost a scap right next to me as some young idiot flipped out after the red yelling fukc youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu over and over at the ref and montreal player before he started yelling at some 60 year old Impact fan saying fukc you you support these guys in his face. Montreal fan doesn't take any of it and says no **** you, original idiots dad tries to fight the old man. Bulljive steps in and says hey your all complete clowns and there are kids all over this place so shut your mouth and sit down....clapping for bulljive. Atmosphere was great as the 4 goals after that had the caps fans and montreal fans cheering in each others face. On a side bar Alexander Burrows was also a few rows away from me cheering for the impact, dirty french canadians.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
too bad the Caps couldn't keep it up...

and I'm not going to moan about the refereeing, but I agree with Oranje, at the very least...optics wise, you can't have an official from a home province of one of the clubs in the final... Where were the yank refs?

If Bobbaduzzi isn't calling the USL office asking which BC Based official is doing the game, he isn't doing his job.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
too bad the Caps couldn't keep it up...

and I'm not going to moan about the refereeing, but I agree with Oranje, at the very least...optics wise, you can't have an official from a home province of one of the clubs in the final... Where were the yank refs?

If Bobbaduzzi isn't calling the USL office asking which BC Based official is doing the game, he isn't doing his job.

I am not saying that this ref was biased because she was from Montreal, however, having had to watch Whitecaps games all season when they flew in some chump from Toronto who is less qualified than Paul Ward, Mauricio Navarro, Paul Walker or Kevin Duliba, I think it is pretty bush to have a referee from Montreal itself for a championship game.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 leg final + french woman ref from montreal = a fcuking joke...

Attachments

• 0290 French_Frog.jpg
    0290 French_Frog.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,134

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain implied she'd get it, so what we really want is a good photo. Can you please get on that?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain must've had a few pints when he had his "first glance".

Yikes!

Attachments

• Chenard_Carol_Ann2007www.jpg
    Chenard_Carol_Ann2007www.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 133

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0