Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger, Vieri was unhappy when Crespo was sold. Its true he has not been celebrating goals latley but insists in all the papers that he is happy there at Inter.

But having said that I could easily see him being sold if not in the Jan transfer window and the end of the season, especially if Inter does not win anything.

As much as I wouldnt like it this is football today!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forza Juve......Forza Juve

Juventus set a new record for the biggest winning margin in the UEFA Champions League.
Just hammered the Gurks...embarassing.

Zenga, Hopefully Vieri demands a transfer to a winning side like Juve.....

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Embarassing indeed ........

There you go Champlain's Keeper :rolleyes: , reason to start a Greek thread now as there are no Greek teams left in the Champions League. Thank Christ .......

I'm sure you can sit down now and give us loads of reasons why Juve dismanted / TTP out of your treasured Greek side.

Your taxi's waiting .......

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Celtic

Captain,

I managed to see highlights from all the games on Sky Sports News courtesy Fox Sports World.

The Lyon vs. Celtic highlights were short, however seeing all the goals, I must say that the marking off the free kick that rattled the crossbar for the first goal was terrible, Mjallby was the only Celtic player following up the shot, as 3 or 4 Lyon players come in to bury the rebound. Lyons 2nd goal was a total shocker by Hedman from a long way out. He may have been wrong footed on the shot, but from that distant a shot like that should be stopped. Full credit to Juninho however for hitting the target. The final PK call was a dodgy one. The ball slightly hits Baldes arm and the PK is given. Harsh way to lose a game.

Sky showed an interview with Ghod afterwards, and he was absolutely gutted, a very long face on him.

Did anyone watch the Inter vs. Kiev game? The final 15 minutes was constant pressure and great entertainment. I wish all Champions League games were like that.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a pk?

Rest assured all the pk was legit. bobo in the box with fully outstretched arm connects with the ball with a flake of dry skin. The ref eagle eyed, and right on top of things calls it with no hesitation.Brilliant!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever

don't worry buddy keep your crap talk up.........you said it would be easy for Rangers not me........for your info I support AEK Athens........go play goalie for my team and see if you can do better, let alone I've been out for a month so I really haven't seen what they've done lately to comment........and lastly don't worry we'll probably face one another next year so I'll be there for you to take your frustrations out on me ;)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
and to Walks hey man I'm glad Olympiakos got spanked.......I hate them........they fix the Greek league every year to win it and they haven't won a road game in the champs league for something like 8 years or so........personally I think it shows that Olympiakos is shite so I'm happy the got it up the something

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the E-tims

Lets clear something up straight away, anyone blaming the referee for this defeat should take one of those famous reality checks, We deserved to lose this game because Lyon deserved to win, that simple. The seeds of this defeat were sown in the summer when once again the board refused to invest in the team, and then contrived to cook the financial results so that a real profit became a paper loss. The bottom line is, that at this level the game cannot be played on the cheap, that ambition cannot be viewed as some relic of yesteryear. Celtic were outplayed and outfought tonight once again, and that is really hard to take. The people running the club as a Plc business are failing us all and moreover failing themselves with their short-sighted attitude. Saying that we will only spend what is in the bank may sound great to the money men, but then failing to spend £2m loses us £6m then where is the sense in that?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I blame Rangers, the cheap Celtic board, Dazza, the referee, the Ottoman Empire, Magnus fcuking Hedman, Yoko fcuking Ono, the pitch, big league chew and Momo Sylla.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big League Chew's shite after 5 minutes ......

Didn't know that Bobo was a volleyball player :rolleyes: . Fcuking ridiculous challenge especially inside your box and with 5 minutes to go ......... should be sent to Ibrox for punishment.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last one, I promise boys.

Yo, little cheerleader:

The comment 'Easy' was to my fellow Scot and Rangers supporter Buckfast.
An inside joke in unison made public?

It's a piss-take comment that is frequently used in the city of Glasgow, something you, for a multitude of reasons, simply wouldn't get.

I'm sure there are frequently used common expressions in the city of Athens too.

The only anology I can think of common in your neck of the woods would be when one bloke looks at another and says, in Greek of course:

"Nice arse".

You know?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lennon making more bad publicity

LENNON FACING UEFA HEARING
Thursday 11th December 2003
Lennon: Confronted referee

Celtic midfielder Neil Lennon is facing a Uefa disciplinary hearing over his conduct during the UEFA Champions League defeat at Lyon.
Parkhead manager Martin O'Neill has escaped a mention in referee Urs Meier's report after criticising the Swiss official for his award of a late penalty, although Uefa have yet to hear from their match delegate.

Bhoys defender Bobo Balde was deemed to have handled the ball in the area by the match official, allowing Juninho Pernambucano to clinch a 3-2 win from the spot and send Celtic into the Uefa Cup.

Former Northern Ireland international Lennon confronted the referee immediately after the penalty award, behaviour which has been mentioned in Meier's report.

O'Neill strode on to the pitch to confront the official at the end of the game and claimed he would have to "examine his game" but his conduct has not been censured by the referee.

A Uefa spokesman said: "We have received the referee's report and there is a mention of Neil Lennon but there is no mention of Martin O'Neill.

"But we have not received the Uefa delegate's report for the time being.

"A disciplinary case will now be opened where the player can submit a statement.

"There will then be a disciplinary meeting around February next year to see what action will be taken."

Anyone see the incident in question??? I'm sure it was a few Rangers fans (the officials obviously) taunting the wee ginge minge???:rolleyes:
Gees a break!!! (My missus taught me that one);) Only a mug a ma could love...

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're so right Guinness, rather than personally confront the person he disagreed with, Lennon should have ran home and posted a whinging condemnation on a website message board.

Over and over and over.:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky

I thought you were the one to go under the knife???:(

My point, Lennon can be a cnut (like KNVB)... I think the lad is a great player, but he does tend to bring shite upon himself... (not including the death threats of course);)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did go under the knife, last Friday.

They didn't remove the piss-taking centre of my brain you know.

Big deal, he told the ref he made a bad call in a very important game with only 4 minutes remaining. I've seen people start throwing punches for much much less.

Nice try at a wind-up.

I'd love to see the ref's report to see exactly what Lennon said.

I'm sure the Swiss referee understood perfectly what the Lurgan man had to say.

Celtic still in Europe after Christmas.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knockout Draw

UEFA Champions League first knockout round draw
( Team named first play at home in first leg)

VfB Stuttgart v Chelsea FC

FC Porto v Manchester United FC

Real Sociedad de Fútbol v Olympique Lyonnais

RC Celta de Vigo v Arsenal FC

FC Bayern München v Real Madrid CF

AC Sparta Praha v AC Milan

RC Deportivo La Coruña v Juventus FC

FC Lokomotiv Moskva v AS Monaco FC

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Penalty was a joke but Lyon were the better team on the day. Lean I had a few pints but managed not to spill a drop.:p When the incident happened not one Lyon player even asked for the penalty they were all running back for the goal kick. The Ref simply blew it, as did Celtic with their performance. On to the B- cup again this year.

One thing that is very evident to every Celtic supporter is you can not change the result but what you can change with the transfer window looming is the Fcuking Keeper. We have two of them who over the last two years have cost us over and over and this problem must be rectified.

Please!!

Parkhead

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Intercontinental Cup

Today, in Japan Boca Juniors beat AC Milan, 3-1 in penalties to win the Intercontinental Cup.

This game is played between the Champions League Winners and the Libertedores winners, South Americas version of the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0