Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga,

I guess this makes Celtic better than the Rossoneri since we beat Boca 1 - 0 earlier this year.:D

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
European Cups - Champions League
22:39 February 24

FT Lok. Moscow (Rus) 2 - 1 Monaco

FT Bayern Munich (Ger) 1 - 1 Real Madrid (Spa)

FT Celta de Vigo (Spa) 2 - 3 Arsenal (Eng)

FT Sparta Prague (Cze) 0 - 0 AC Milan (Ita)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golf on at lunchtime today :rolleyes: . Probably for the best as United got done in Portugal 2-1 with Roy Keane getting sent off for stamping on Baia's thigh .......

Results then ....

Deportivo La Coruña 1 Juventus 0
FC Porto 2 Manchester United 1
Real Sociedad 0 Lyon 1
VfB Stuttgar 0 Chelsea 1

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FT Chelsea (Eng) 0 - 0 Stuttgart (Ger)

FT Juventus (Ita) 0 - 1 Deportivo (Spa)

FT Lyon (Fra) 1 - 0 Real Sociedad

FT Manchester U. (Eng) 1 - 1 FC Porto (Por)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man U is out. I think Sir Alex made a huge mistake with the line-up. It was far too British for a Champions league game. Lesson learned?

Teams
14 Tim Howard
6 Wes Brown
3 Phil Neville
2 Gary Neville
22 John O'Shea
8 Nicky Butt

19 Eric Djemba-Djemba
24 Darren Fletcher
11 Ryan Giggs
18 Paul Scholes

10 Ruud van Nistelrooy

Manuel Vitor Baia 99
Paulo Jorge Costa 2
Jorge Nuno Valente 8
Renato Paulo Ferreira 22
Alberto Ricardo Carvalho 4
Dmitri Alenitchev 15
Gomes Carlos Alberto 19
Francisco Costinha 6
Anderson Deco 10
Nuno Maniche 18
Benni McCarthy 77

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not a Man u fan but I have to say they got robbed by the Scholes offside call. That goal was good from all the replays I saw.

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
far too british? man utd won the champions league with a "far too british" side

whatever, glad to see them out, now all we need is arsenal to prove that they cant succeed in europe once again and get knocked out.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FT AC Milan (Ita) 4 - 1 Sparta Prague (Cze)

FT Arsenal (Eng) 2 - 0 Celta de Vigo (Spa)

FT Monaco 1 - 0 Lok. Moscow (Rus)

FT Real Madrid (Spa) 1 - 0 Bayern Munich (Ger)

Correct me if Im wrong I believe the draw for the quarter finals is Friday.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
usually the draws are on the Fridays that follow the last games......whether it is in the group stage or knockout phase.....so I say you should be right Zenga.......and even though I don't like Man U. I will agree that they got robbed as that goal was not even close to being offside......Can a ref not overrule a linesman if he's in a better position?....Walks?.....I thought the ref had a good view of it as well........and can Porto play the f'n game without diving half the time......you get touched fine the ref will call it, you don't have to hit the ground everytime

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The draw for the 1/4 Finals are definitely on Friday. I'm anxiously awaiting it :rolleyes:, no really ...... I am.

First off ..... congratulations to Porto. Realistically, I think they deserve to go through as they were better over the two legs. However, their playacting and diving is nothing short of disgracefull and half of the cnuts should be kicked out of football for what they do on a pitch. It's a good thing gomesy_jr and gomesy16 don't follow suit, I'd have to ask for my Sporting draw tickets back :D

On to the 'offside'. Fcuking shoc-king decision given by the linesman - he'll be lucky to get an appointment in the Siberian Winter League. Tosser ....... The ref can overrule the linesman but you'll hardly ever see it, especially at that level. The linesman is always (or should be) level with the 2nd last defender and should have the best judge of whether the player is off or not. He just got it wrong, plain and simple. I doubt the referee could've made that decision even though he was placed well. The linesman is given that call usually 100% of the time.

So, it's on to finish up the league for us, maybe give Arsenal a game in which they'll only beat us by 2 or 3 and spend August playing preliminary qualification matches to try and get back in the group stages next year :rolleyes:

Hugely disappointed but not surprised ........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks,

It's okay. Remember, it could be worse. You could be a Hun. They are out of Europe, League Cup, League, AND the FA Cup. At least you still have a marginal chance with the big Arse in the FA Cup. Whenever things look gloomy, just remember.......you could be a Hun and things would be that much worse. :)

16andcountin'''''

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.........

Whoever wins it this year will have really earned it...........

As opposed to all those easy CL wins of yesteryear........

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW

Quarter-finals:

FC Porto v Lyon
Real Madrid v Monaco
Chelsea v Arsenal
AC Milan v Deportivo la Coruna

Semi-finals: Real Madrid/Monaco v Chelsea/Arsenal
FC Porto/Lyon v AC Milan/Deportivo la Coruna

First legs to take place on March 23/24, second legs on April 6/7

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An Arsenal/Real Madrid will be a juicy fixture. Chelsea have already lost against the big Arse. They are fcuked mentally from the hump-ings they have taken recently and this time will be no different, especially if Arsenal is healthy and suspension free. Real should dispose of Monaco, though they are in decent form in the French league. I'm sure neither team(Chel/Arse) are happy with the draw but it should be a cracker too......

Hail! Hail!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice draw! Sets up some exciting matches.

In a perfect world a final between Real and Milan would be great, but Arsenal has been in SUPERLATIVE form this year.

Cant wait.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was Sepp Blatter running the fcuking draw at Uefa Headquarters ?? Two English Teams paired against each other ?? ........ that's utter shite :mad:

However, as Captain says ....... the Real / Arsenal eventual Semi-Final will be a cracking fixture(s). Should be an indication on who should win it this year .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0