Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to mention that there have been enough problems already this season with so-called fans in Europe making monkey sounds :mad:

Now if you had said something about a group of special needs kids doing a better job, well then, I would have no problem with that.

But using monkees in this situation as a joke is totally offside........ your a fukin looser chikin sh1t!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Wouldn't that mean there would be nothing but monkey business? Serious fcuking monkey business?

Well, to be honest you would have to ask KNVB. He is the expert at all things monkey. Especially having his monkey knuckled on the front page of World Football Pages this week. I wonder how it feels to have your balls punched off. Beaker?

Sorry Regs, I suppose I was out of line. It should read: Four coffee-drinking, high-vis vest wearing special needs kids without pants would do a better job. One for each side of the visitors section to ensure there's no retards getting out of line. Ah, great, there goes that karma I had built up.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right.

And any chance someone could fcuking moderate this thread? :mad:

Oh that's right, different rules for different age brackets. :mad:

Monkeys like bananas by the way. :mad:

:wa:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fan violence at sporting events is really making attendance at live matches a necessity these days. You don't get the true atmosphere unless somebody torches your grill with a broken flare that shoots sideways (you try smuggling in a flare. they're fragile.) It's sad, but true.

Closer to home, the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry is reaching it's apex now that drunken southies are literally taking shots at the pinstripes. After about eight pints of Yawkey Way, you too can experience the joy of throwing a half-assed uppercut at Derek Jeter while screaming "Haaay Jeetah...I corked ya motha last night." It's the new getting high on crystal meth with your kid and jumping the first base coach.

As long as UEFA take the flares away, people can still come to the games and just do things that endanger themselves. Like trying to get into the starting XI pregame photo, writing "Golden Palace.com" on your back and streaking the field, running out in a referee's uniform and red-carding the head official...you know, fun stuff.

It doesn't really take balls to chuck fire sticks at Dida from 200 yards...but you'll need a huge set of jacobs to run on the field and see how long you can survive. It may seem less daunting in Italy (Inzaghi looked like he would have ran from a lit cigarette at one point) but I'm guessing UEFA has multiple destinations where field-chargers will receive a solid kicking after they cross the touchline.

I guess the moral is this - once you take the projectiles away from fans, they'll just projectile themselves onto the field. So just sit back and enjoy the festivities, and remember, do not throw beer at Ron Artest.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milan 2-0 PSV

I thought PSV deserved much better, you can definitly argue that they deserved to win this game. they had more chances but just couldn't finish. It's to bad Milan scored that late goal because it could have been quite the second leg. I just think coming back from a 2 goals is a bit much against Milan.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, did you only watch the second half? Milan completly dominated the first half, I say 40 out of 45 minutes were played in PSV end and Gomes (PSV Keeper) played outstanding. But to say PSV should have won is a little far fetched.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea vs Pool. Not a very entertaining match last night. The ESPN telecast last night panned on Gerrard's face and looked as if he had a wad of chew in his mouth. Turns out he had some sort of dental surgery in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and got little if no sleep. Amazing to see Cisse out their after the broken leg. That looked awful when it happened - Joe Theisman like.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea/Liverpool was a boring game. The Milan game was far more exciting.
The Italian teams always get dissed for playing defensive soccer but they were the only team to score this week in Champions League.
The high flying attacking English teams did nothing.
When was the last game Milan let a goal in...??
Not Man.U, Not Inter, Not PSV (so far)

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats what happens when you have the best defence in the world. probably one of the best back lines ever. sure psv had chances, but no clean ones. there was a milan back shirt tight on every oppertunity.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
what game did you guys watch. yes Milan dominated the first half with possesion it was either 60% in their favour or 65% can't remember what they said. second half Milan looked unorganized defensively maybe with Nesta out I don't know. PSV losing 2-0 very unjust, yes I am 50% dutchmen, am I going for PSV yes but they didn't deserve to lose that game. 1-1 would have been a good result on the play PSV just didn't get a lucky bounce like Milan did on their second goal. PSV no they didn't have alot of tap in chances but they did have 5 or 6 chances in the box. If they had of scored any of them it wouldn't have been some amazing goal. Milan does have an awesome defense best in the world but I thought they looked a little slow and unorganized at points.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
they most definately were slow and unorganized at times. why else would psv get 6 chances on them. when nesta's out it does show as well. shevchenko's goal was brilliant striking at its finest. the lucky bounce that ended up first on tomasson's foot, then in the back of the net was a well stuck sliding volley. not exactly the easiest goal ever. and it came in the final minute so it wasn't really a ship sinker.

"If we had only one of Milan's forwards we'd have won"
~Guus Hiddink~ PSV coach.

too bad they don't :D .
i'd look for the same outcome next match. posibly 3 or 4 nil.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive,

Gomes kept the score low if it wasnt for him it would have been 4 or 5 nil. All of PSVs shots were right at Dida and they didnt test him at all.

I say 2-0 Milan in Holland!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
"If we had only one of Milan's forwards we'd have won"
~Guus Hiddink~ PSV coach.

too bad they don't :D .

They don't because they sold them to Chelsea :D

I say kudos to the Dutch side, for a team with a fifth of the budget of Milan, and a side that consitently dumps world class attackers to the rich clubs, they seemed to have the vaunted backline in a bit of a panic there in the 2nd half.

If PSV scores first in Eindhoven (and thats a BIG if), it could be a verry interesting game.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
Bulljive,

Gomes kept the score low if it wasnt for him it would have been 4 or 5 nil. All of PSVs shots were right at Dida and they didnt test him at all.

I say 2-0 Milan in Holland!

I don't see PSV winning the game either. Gomes made one save that was spectacular all game and that was against shev's chip in the second half. He made some other nice saves but rather routine. If they went in it would have been seen as a weak goal. I agree Dida didn't have to do anything too spectacular the chance in the first half that was flubbed right at him he should have scored(can't remember the player). I'm just saying if PSV had any finish on the day or had Milans forwards taking those shots PSV could have had 3 or 4 themselves. To say if it wasn't for gomes it would have been 4 or 5 is laughable maybe if they had Carrol between the pipes. PSV played great in my opinion and deserved much better then a 2-0 loss. I think if it stayed 1-0, PSV would have gone home confident thinking they got quality chances against a Milan team that doesn't give many. They probably would have felt they deserved itleast a point and can win this thing. Now they are going to have to press to score goals and more then likely will get exposed by Milans forwards. They don't have much hope to come back unless they score an early one, but I can't see Milan being kept off the score sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0