Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2005/2006

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to say it

After Manchester United's exit from all European competition the FA have decided that prior to all EPL matches this weekend there will be a minute's laughing.

:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman said:
-Something has to be done by FIFA to stop all the faking of injuries....Benifica were brutal today.
Anyone spot the faker after the bicycle kick in the 2nd half? The guy who got the boot in the face remains standing, while his teammate who's nowhere near it, waits for the whistle and then crumbles to the ground clutching his face. Fcuking embarrassing. :rolleyes:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman said:
-Gary Neville was a disgrace today....one decent cross from the flank which resulted in a goal - too bad the other 25 opportunities ended up in row F.
-Something has to be done by FIFA to stop all the faking of injuries....Benifica were brutal today.
-Terry, Campbell, King and Carragher are all ahead of Rio in the depth chart at Centre back
-Saha and Kim played like they're signed for Binger's Army
-No one on the pitch for Man U that was able to take control.....Oh where, oh where is Keano.
-Anyone see Ronaldo do the ole "scratch the side of my head while I finger the crowd"
-What a bunch of misfits.....
-C'mon Pool!!!!

Sandman
word is that keano knocked fletcher out as well as the spaniard assistant out too,why didnt he knock rio,brown,silvestre,oshite & rudd out too!united apparently are giving fergy his pink slip & chasing Big Martin O Neil
as for keano a big celtic share holder apparently wants to pay King Keano 40,000 pounds a week out of his own pocket.Keano in a Celtic strip,

upthehoops&theRa
:D

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kippax,

What are you doing on this thread - shouldn't you be on the Uefa thread?...Oh no wait Fowler missed the penalty..

Enjoy it while it lasts..... :(

After Manchester United's exit from all European competition the FA have decided that prior to all EPL matches this weekend there will be a minute's laughing.

Dap - very good made me chuckle - although I have had enough of the Portugal/Holiday jokes already.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by:sid vicious
word is that keano knocked fletcher out as well as the spaniard assistant out too,why didnt he knock rio,brown,silvestre,oshite & rudd out too!united apparently are giving fergy his pink slip & chasing Big Martin O Neil
as for keano a big celtic share holder apparently wants to pay King Keano 40,000 pounds a week out of his own pocket.Keano in a Celtic strip,
Kean is a fcuking idiot!!! He's more of a waste of talent than George Best ever was... Everyone loved Besty because of his class and personality... Apparently everyone hates Kean for all of the opposite reasons... Personally, I'd love to see that monkey go to Celtic... Mind you at some point he'd probably walk off the training ground, get his limo driver to take him to the airport and fly home in a pout... :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
Keane is a fcuking idiot!!! He's more of a waste of talent than George Best ever was

Not quite sure about that. I am not trying to slag the man (George Best) but I think it would be pretty hard to be squander more talent than he did. I suppose it's all down to one's perspective though. Sleeping with multiple Miss World's, changing the face of the game and becoming the world's first real "superstar" footballer might not exactly be considered a waste by some.

Tomorrow sees the CL round-of-16 draw and there is some potentially excellent matchups. As for Livepool, I'd personally like to see them draw Real (mostly for the spectacle and to see Madrid put through the Anfield wringer). Rangers would be an interesting draw due to the "Battle of Britain" connotations. With the affinity shared by the Pool and Celtic supporters I'm sure the green half of Glasgow wouldn't mind seeing the Huns put to Rafael Benitez's sword. You'll never walk alone indeed. Ajax would be a good draw too, with nine European cups between the two sides. Only team I'm not really keen on Liverpool playing is Bayern. They are obviously a pretty damn good team, as usual.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, man, I've been laughing for over an hour straight now after reading that Chelsea got paired with Barcelona (again). No, Mourinho, finishing first in your CL group doesn't mean anything. Playing the world's best player with a point to prove is ideal.

Really interesting draw for the most part. Arsenal/Madrid and Milan/Bayern are another two great pairings, which means at least three really big clubs will be out before the quarterfinals. Rangers got Villareal which is a decent draw for them. I think most of the better teams were hoping to get Rangers so that they could give their U-18's a runout in the Champions League (low blow, I know). Liverpool drew Benfica which will not be easy but is a great opportunity to show the scum how its done and to rub it in their faces. Don't imagine Rafa will be asking Fergie for any info. The big question is whether Simao will still be coming to the Reds now though. The rest of the draw has PSV v. Lyon, Ajax v. Inter and Juventus v. Bremen.

On a side note, apparently all atlases, maps and automobile onboard navigation systems have to be changed as they all still show Manchester to be in Europe.

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea v Barca is the match of the round. Im sure thats the way any manager would want to win the CL, by beating the best team and starting from there.
Thats one of the only draws that Rangers may be able to advance... lets be honest:)

BUT ... maybe they can COMPLETELY defend their way to the title like a certain Anfield crew (except for those 8mins in Turkey)

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinny said:
Chelsea v Barca is the match of the round. Im sure thats the way any manager would want to win the CL, by beating the best team and starting from there.
Thats one of the only draws that Rangers may be able to advance... lets be honest:)

BUT ... maybe they can COMPLETELY defend their way to the title like a certain Anfield crew (except for those 8mins in Turkey)

Possibly, of course they never have and that certain team has done it five times. More than any other in the UK.

Agreed Chelski and Barca will be good to watch. The draw is meaningless really. You have to beat the best teams if you want to be the cupholders. Just ask the team that "defended" their way to the title last year beating England and Italy's best.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal against Real was supposed to be
on TSN at 11:30, Olympic hockey on instead.
Channel 80 is showing AC Milan and Bayern
though at same time.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FT Bayern Munich (Ger) 1 - 1 AC Milan (Ita)

FT Benfica 1 - 0 Liverpool (Eng)

FT PSV Eindhoven (Hol) 0 - 1 Lyon (Fra)

FT Real Madrid (Spa) 0 - 1 Arsenal (Eng)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FT Ajax Amsterd. (Hol) 2 - 2 Inter Milan (Ita)

FT Chelsea (Eng) 1 - 2 Barcelona (Spa)

FT Rangers (Sco) 2 - 2 Villarreal (Spa)

FT Werder Bremen (Ger) 3 - 2 Juventus (Ita)

---

Some pretty interesting results in the first leg... Could you imagine if Rangers actually went through?!?!?!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imagine what?
The non-stop yapping from me forever more? :D

We got a late OG to tie it up but they got a soft peno in the first 6 minutes so I consider it a wash and an overall good result for Rangers.

Things look good for Villareal on the return leg in Spain, but hey man, we are still FCUKING IN IT BABY!

:knvb:

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see old Mourinho spitting fire over Messi's injury playacting that got Del Horno sent off. "Can Messi be suspended for acting?" was his post match rant. As a Liverpool fan it gives me great pleasure to see Chelseas downfall result from their oppositions theatricals. Is Mourinho's selective memory that short he cant remember Robben's oscar performance a week or so ago in the Liverpool game that got Reina dismissed. What goes around comes around.....

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Del Horno stepped over the ball, and took out messi. He was play acting just as bad.
What a game though. Ronaldinho and Messi were on fire. Messi owned the Right side. I wonder what the coaches were talking about there mid game. You don't see that too often.
Barcelona is a fun team to watch. especially against 10 men.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0