Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2006/2007

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gretna 1 Derry City 5

A great result for the Irish bhoys in Scotland. Basically through now unless there is a massive collapse......

Part-timers at that. :)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juve threatened with more sanctions over court appeal

ROME, Aug 23 (Reuters) - The Italian football federation wrote to FIFA on Wednesday saying it would impose extra sanctions on Juventus if the club turn to a civil court to try to overturn their relegation after a match-fixing scandal.

The letter, confirmed by the Italian federation (FIGC), said FIGC would not 'hesitate to launch the sanction process' if Juve lodge an appeal with the regional Lazio court, as they have said they will.

FIGC said Juve have not yet lodged their appeal with the court.

• FIFA warn FIGC over Juve

A soccer tribunal ruling on the match-fixing scandal stripped Juve of their last two Italian titles and demoted them to the second division, where they will start next season minus 17 points.

The FIGC said that under its statute member clubs accept to abide by sports authorities' rules, forsaking their right to turn to civil courts which are outside the sports justice system.

It said it had received a letter from FIFA on Tuesday, reiterating that clubs appealing to civil courts should be punished for that.

Juve said on Monday they would appeal to the Lazio court after they failed to persuade the FIGC to overturn the relegation verdict last week.

FIFA warn FIGC over Juve

FIFA have threatened the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) with heavy sanctions, should they not step in to block Juventus' appeal against their punishment in the match-fixing trial.

Italian clubs could be banned from playing in international competitions and the national team pulled out of the qualification campaign for Euro 2008 if the FIGC do not take any action.

Taking a matter to a civil court is against FIFA's rules and could lead to the Federation being suspended.

That in turn could lead to the exclusion of Italian clubs and the national team from international competitions.

Article 61-2 FIFA's statutes claims that `Recourse to ordinary courts of law is prohibited unless specifically provided for in the FIFA regulations'.

Article 61-3 continues: `To ensure the foregoing, the Associations shall insert a clause in their statutes stipulating that their clubs and members are prohibited from taking a dispute to ordinary courts of law and are required to submit any disagreement to the jurisdiction of the Association, the appropriate Confederation or FIFA.'

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are not looking good for ajax right now, they are down 2-0 to FC Copenhagen in todays match at the mo, and 3-2 on aggregate.
Arsenal is 1-0 down to Dinamo Zagreb, but the 3-1 result in Croatia seals that one most likely...

WOW Hertz down to 9 men! Champions League Jambo's, yer havin a laff....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AEK Athens 3 Mini-Huns 0

Thanks for coming out and most importantly making sure Celtic doesn't have to share any money with that lot. :D

Hesselink is doing a medical today......and it looks like everything will be done by tomorrow.......

Jannnyy Vennneeegoooor of Hessselliiiiiiiiiink!

Now to make sure Lee Naylor is a good left-back. :rolleyes:

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draw for the 2006/07 Champions League

British teams in bold and the top seeds in CAPITALS

Group A
BARCELONA
Chelsea
Werder Bremen
Levski Sofia

Group B
INTER MILAN
Bayern Munich
Sporting Lisbon
Spartak Moscow

Group C
LIVERPOOL
PSV Eindhoven
Bordeaux
Galatasaray

Group D
VALENCIA
Roma
Olympiakos
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E
REAL MADRID
Lyon
Steaua Bucharest
Dynamo Kiev

Group F
MANCHESTER UNITED
Celtic

Benfica
FC Copenhagen

Group G
ARSENAL
Porto
CSKA Moscow
Hamburg

Group H
AC MILAN
Lille
AEK Athens
Anderlecht

Some interesting match ups!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cellick will not qualify past FC Copenhagen or Benfica, and they are defo not going to get results against Manure, for sure...
Copenhagen knocked out a poor Ajax side...next up...a poor Celtic side. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Cellick will not qualify past FC Copenhagen or Benfica, and they are defo not going to get results against Manure, for sure...
Copenhagen knocked out a poor Ajax side...next up...a poor Celtic side. ;)

Wrong thread, BluenoseJohn. No Huns in CL football. :D

I must admit that any group would be difficult for Celtic but I actually like this one......All the teams will be better than Celtic technically BUT I don't mind this one compared to the AC Milan/Barcelona/Shaktar group we had last time....

And it will be great when they let a full compliment of Celtic fans into Manchester, unlike when the Huns were denied access to the city for the CL game. :D

Hail Hail

Not optimistic about getting out of the group BUT better than Group B........That is nasty....

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree on Group B as well, especially with BM having some difficulty keeping their midfielders playing for them. However Captain beware those portuguese teams. They can surprise you. You know they are ruining soccer don't you?

Signed Rafeal Benitez and James Sharman

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willis,

I would be lying if I said we were going to qualify out that group. The Copenhagen team are no mugs either. Someone posted this about them in the Celtic forum......A few handy players in there who most of us have heard of......Benfica is on the turn again in the right direction and ManU is Manu at the end of the day......A 4th place finish would not surprise me but on the other hand......you never know.....

The best starting 11 they can field...

GK) Jesper Christiansen (former Rangers, and current nr 2 in the Denmark team)
RB) Lars Jacobsen (RB in the Danish national team)
LB) Andre Bergdølmo (Former AJAX and Dortmund)
CB) Michael Gravgaard (CM in the Danish national team)
CB) Brede Hangeland (regular in the Norweigan national team)
MR) Michael Silberbauer (Has been capped for the Danish national team)
CM) Tobias Linderoth (Midfield general in the Swedish national team and probertly the best player in Scandinavia atm.)
CM) Atibu Hutchision (Has been on trial at Celtic last year before signing for FC Copenhagen, and a Canadanavien (spl) national player
ML) Jesper Grønkjær (Denmark star winger and formerly with Chelsea and Atletico Madrid among others
FC) Marcus Allbäch (Swedish international striker, which many of you wanted Celtic to sign under the WC)
FC) Frederik Berglund (Swedish international striker)

Rumours goes that they will be bringing in a young Brazilian striker Ailton, that plays in Sweden atm, and with whom they have signing a contract from the start of 2007

Other loose rumours on players going to FC Copenhagen before the Champs League deadline involves Denmark internationals Nicklas Jensen (Fulham) and Claus Jensen (Charlton) and even Thomas Gravesen

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they mean that Atiba Hutchison is a CANADIAN national player. Good for Atiba. Wasn't the last Canadian player to play Champions League Stalteri with Werder Bremen?

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Willis,

I would be lying if I said we were going to qualify out that group. The Copenhagen team are no mugs either. Someone posted this about them in the Celtic forum......A few handy players in there who most of us have heard of......Benfica is on the turn again in the right direction and ManU is Manu at the end of the day......A 4th place finish would not surprise me but on the other hand......you never know.....

The best starting 11 they can field...

GK) Jesper Christiansen (former Rangers, and current nr 2 in the Denmark team)
RB) Lars Jacobsen (RB in the Danish national team)
LB) Andre Bergdølmo (Former AJAX and Dortmund)
CB) Michael Gravgaard (CM in the Danish national team)
CB) Brede Hangeland (regular in the Norweigan national team)
MR) Michael Silberbauer (Has been capped for the Danish national team)
CM) Tobias Linderoth (Midfield general in the Swedish national team and probertly the best player in Scandinavia atm.)
CM) Atibu Hutchision (Has been on trial at Celtic last year before signing for FC Copenhagen, and a Canadanavien (spl) national player
ML) Jesper Grønkjær (Denmark star winger and formerly with Chelsea and Atletico Madrid among others
FC) Marcus Allbäch (Swedish international striker, which many of you wanted Celtic to sign under the WC)
FC) Frederik Berglund (Swedish international striker)

Rumours goes that they will be bringing in a young Brazilian striker Ailton, that plays in Sweden atm, and with whom they have signing a contract from the start of 2007

Other loose rumours on players going to FC Copenhagen before the Champs League deadline involves Denmark internationals Nicklas Jensen (Fulham) and Claus Jensen (Charlton) and even Thomas Gravesen

You do have two things on your side. Shitty scottish whether and Parkhead. If you can get results at home and pluck a few on the road you never know. Love to see it. Can't get enough of that pregame song!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
willis316 said:
You do have two things on your side. Shitty scottish whether and Parkhead. If you can get results at home and pluck a few on the road you never know. Love to see it. Can't get enough of that pregame song!!!

Willis, small problem......We have NEVER won a CL game on the road. :( :D And I believe we have only earned one draw..........1 - 1 against Barcelona if I'm not mistaken.....

Things will be very difficult but I will be taking a 1/2 day on September 13th........:D ;) Don't tell Jinny please..

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MAN U vs CELTIC

11:30am TSN

Read the schedule...had it all worked out to skip outta work early, and realzized DAMN, we're Pacific...can't do it

Man U is gonna take this one

striker14

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man Yoo 3 Celtic 2

I feel sorry for Celtic.

Two reasons:

1.) Man Yoo's first goal was a dodgy peno IMO as Giggsy flopped and fell when Boruc barely fcuking touched him.

2.) They signed Thomas Graveson

He was fcuking HORRIBLE.
Absolute fcuking mince and was BY FAR the worst player on the park and way, way out of his fcuking league.
The second goal you can see him hang his head as Schloes threads the needle to Saha after skinning him and that give away for the third was shite.
He then proceeded to give away ball, after ball, after ball.
Strachan now looks stupid for not pulling him.

AND, Barry Ferguson is going to eat him for lunch. :)

Good game otherwise,

RF

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

Not too far from the truth.....although I think you were a BIT harsh on Gravesen

The penalty call was ****ing terrible. Anyone who knows even a wee bit about football knows it was a horrible call. However, the Bhoys battled right back tied it up before the half.

Gravesen was caught in possession for the second goal but ManU's third goal was even worse in my opinion. He made a VERY dangerous diagonal pass on the ground when it only needed to be put in the air as Aiden McGeady had started a great run. Gravesen.....giveaway......goal.

Celtic held Rooney in check no problem, but Saha was the man today. Yes, one goal was a penalty and the other was on a fcuk-up by Gravesen but he had some other great chances too.

Big JVOHesselink was knackered in the second half from being the lone striker.......but could have easily made it 2 - 1 for Celtic when he headed right into Van Der Sar's arms......

I was very impressed with the performance today but shows you CAN'T make ANY mistakes against the likes of ManUnited. They will punish you, unlike ICT or Aberdeen.

The other game ended a draw, which is a good thing and we can only hope for 2 wins in our next two games, as they are at home against Copenhagen and Benfica.

Come on the Hoops

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0