Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2007/2008

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of curiosity.........when the cnut/crybaby/girlsblouse Ronaldo stopped in between his shot......if he scored, would he have had to retake the kick? As a ref, if it was during the run of play, it must be called back. What are you supposed to do in such a situation like this? :confused:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of curiosity.........when the cnut/crybaby/girlsblouse Ronaldo stopped in between his shot......if he scored, would he have had to retake the kick? As a ref, if it was during the run of play, it must be called back. What are you supposed to do in such a situation like this? :confused:

It would be different if he stopped right over the ball and then shot. But he stops a good 2-3 strides/yards before the ball and then he resumes his approach, so there would be no need for a retake.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought that Sir Alex made a great move in bringing on Giggs and switching to a 4-4-2 when things were not going well. Really solidified the squad when things were starting to slide, and showed great confidence in a close 1-1 game to make a move. Grant just changed personnel, did not make any tactical moves.

Thought too that leaving Sheva on the bench in Eastern Europe showed little respect. Bringing in Kalou and Belletti were such key substitutions that Shevchenko had to sit? Man U just had that edge of being a real club (and one with a Canadian connection!)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be different if he stopped right over the ball and then shot. But he stops a good 2-3 strides/yards before the ball and then he resumes his approach, so there would be no need for a retake.

Inspector,

What he did was against the laws of the game...but I'm curious as to how that should be dealt with IF he made it......should it be ignored? I'm glad he missed and sobbed like a baby afterwards but referees on the site? Any word on this?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector,

What he did was against the laws of the game...but I'm curious as to how that should be dealt with IF he made it......should it be ignored? I'm glad he missed and sobbed like a baby afterwards but referees on the site? Any word on this?

Ronaldo just gave me a call and wants to learn the fine art of pk taking, its the one skill that he hasn't perfected yet....

MAN U CHAMPIONS :wa::bronco:

Ronaldo best player in the world :wa::bronco:

Drogba dumb as fuk:rolleyes:

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
you are right inspector Blake. manutd are after all flawless in every way and of course Chelsea had all the luck in the world and still couldnt win them hitting the woodwork a few times and basically being the better team on the day, apart from 45mins, then having their captain slip on the last pk to win was not unlucky at all. you are very right sir....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me ......... what a day yesterday !!! :knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Obviously elated that United have finally won the European Cup after so many near misses over the past 9 years.

As far as the matches go, United were by far the better side in the 1st half and Chelsea the 2nd. Extra time was fairly even in my opinion with both teams creating enough chances to win the final. Obviously, a post & a cross bar for Chelsea must be gutting but Carrick's sitter in the first half and Giggsy's sitter that Terry deflected away were guilt edged chances not taken. As in penno's, it's anybody's and at the end of the day, I'm ecstatic for United but really, really gutted for John Terry. Unfortunately, nobody will remember Anelka's penalty but will focus on Terry's ......... truly unlucky.

Captain - as far as Ronaldo's pennno ....... honestly, there's nothing wrong with it. There's nothing in the Laws of the Game that suggests that this would be a re-take or would circumvent the laws of the game. Looks dodgy I know, but that 'type of penalty' has been allowed now for a few years. If he had run up, done a cartwheel or something daft then he could be booked for Unsporting Behaviour but as it stood, good penalty. Well, you know what I mean :D

Above everything, I'm especially happy for Scholesy. After the heartbreak of missing out in '99 (along with Keano) due to too many yellow's in the competition, he was always going to be the first name on Fergie's team sheet yesterday. He looked like a kid in a candy store afterwards :D

Giggsy - by coming on yesterday (and changed the game for United), he topped Sir Bobby Charlton's appearances for United in the Champions League - incredible accomplishment for one of the greatest ever to wear a United shirt. To take a page out of Coach's book ;) , absolute class.

Ronaldo - for all his antics, he is easily the best footballer on the planet right now - full stop. Yes, he goes down easy at times, yes he acts like a schoolboy when he doesn't get his way but nobody can deny his talent. We can sit here all day and discuss how so & so goes down too easy, how so & so rolls around everytime he gets fouled, how so & so bitches & moans to the referee everytime he gets 'touched', blah, blah, blah ......... this conversation could take place on TTP, at Old Trafford, at the San Siro or at fcuking Adanac or Hastins Bowl - and it has. Whether he's Portuguese, Italian, Argentinian, Brazillian, Canadian, etc., it's inconsequential ..... it happens all over the world at all ages & levels in our game. It's shite but how do you stamp it out ?? I don't blame Ronaldo for having a 'moment' after the match before he joined the celebrations - it must be an incredible swing of emotions. As far as him leaving Old Trafford in the next 3-4 years ?? No chance ....... never has anyone been adored at Old Trafford since the days of Best, Law or Cantona.

It will now be an interesting off season in England ........ what happens at Chelsea will be most prevalant as there should definitely be some changes. Drogba, Carvalho and a few others have probably played their last game in a Chelsea shirt ...... I'll be glad to see Drogba go, the diving cnut ;) :D

Regardless, it was a massive occasion yesterday and a win that will put a smile on my face over the entire summer (even though England aren't in Euro 2008) :D

Attachments

• Kings of Europe.jpg
    Kings of Europe.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 100

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
you are right inspector Blake. manutd are after all flawless in every way and of course Chelsea had all the luck in the world and still couldnt win them hitting the woodwork a few times and basically being the better team on the day, apart from 45mins, then having their captain slip on the last pk to win was not unlucky at all. you are very right sir....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree luck had nothing to do with it. Expecting an English national team player to win you the PK's is just bad decision making....:D How the fukc is an englishmen going to play the long ball from the penalty spot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How the fukc is an englishmen going to play the long ball from the penalty spot.
Pretty sure he put that one into space in the corner like a thousand times past :D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vinny, no need to get stroppy;) I don't recall ever saying they were flawless. I just wouldn't agree that either team had less, or more luck than the other. Chelsea were very unlucky when they hit the woodwork "twice" (not a few times, nor serveral times, but twice). Chelseas goal involved pleanty of luck, there's no doubt. 2 deflections, and then lands perfectly for Lampard to finish from close range, against run of play and right near the end of the half...Agreed?
I agree with everyone else here who have said that Man U were the better in the 1st and Chelsea the better in the 2nd. Man Utd could've gone into the half at 3-0 quite easily, but didn't. Chelsea could've won the game 3-1, but didn't. I still believe the two best saves in the game were from Chelsea -Terrys headed clearance, and Cech off of Tevez. Ferdinand also could easily have been called for an indirect free kick on Cole inside the box when he nearly took his head off with a high boot. Chelsea were certainly unlucky there:)

Walks, I don't thinks Carricks was as easy as everyone is saying. Not on that pitch from 18yrds. I thought Tevezs chance, when he slid, was easier. How did he not make any contact, with a whole net infront of him?

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glory Glory Baby!

Scholes and Giggs are LEGE!

Drogba is a tit.

Penalties are a crap shoot enough said.

Even though they almost gave me a heart attack, Well in United!

:knvb::bronco::wa:

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed lampard was very fortunate.

overall a really great final. so many of those finals are so boring bc of the stage and it sometimes seems as though they are some what timid to play, not in this case ... it was a great great match and the result didnt go our way today. I could not imagine what JT could be going through, he is Mr. Chelsea and is probably the longest serving person in the club (along with Steve Clark). anyway -

Walks- i surely think Drogba will go, but I really hope Carvalho doesn't, I personally think hes a superb defender.. nothing flashy.. but I would take him over Puyol, Cannavaro etc etc anyday. And there is not a chance that Sheva will stay...It will all be interesting to say the least.

vinny

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0