Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"We were both speaking Scottish given that I played in his country in Glasgow but I'm not going to say what was said. I made a mistake doing what I did to an older person, and that's it. I'll wait and see what (UEFA) decides."

this was a quote from Gattuso

what is this language "scottish" he is talking about? perhaps "up yer kilt ya twat"

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is out for sure for the next match due to his yellow which will likely spare him from further sanctions.

Looks like UEFA have made their decision :

Soccernet.com said:
UEFA has hit AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso with a four-match ban for his headbutt on Tottenham assistant Joe Jordan during last week's Champions League first-leg clash.

The suspension will begin after the last-16 return leg at White Hart Lane, as Gattuso is already suspended for that game having received his third yellow card of this season's Champions League at the San Siro last week.

Gattuso was involved in an altercation with Jordan during the game, which Spurs won 1-0, and then attacked the Scot after the final whistle.

The Italy midfielder's agent claimed that he had been provoked by abusive comments, though Jordan strenuously denied that he had called Gattuso a "f*****g Italian b*****d".

"To come up with something like that is pathetic, former Milan striker Jordan said. "It is completely and utterly untrue and something so wildly inaccurate doesn't do him much credit.

"He clearly doesn't realise I consider playing for Milan the proudest time of my career, that my daughter lives and works in Italy and that I love the country and the people.''

Whether Gattuso was provoked or not, UEFA was not impressed by his actions, with a statement on its official website confirming: "UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body has handed down a four-match ban to AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso following incidents at the game against Tottenham Hotspur FC."

AC Milan and Gattuso are able to appeal the decision within the next three days, otherwise he will be unavailable until this season's Champions League final on May 28, should the Rossoneri progress through the competition that far.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Barcelona. Always good to see the class teams go through. How are the Italian teams doing? :D FFS, Shakhtar bending Roma over nicely.

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Telling stats...fcb had 738 passes completed to afc's 199. fcb 69% possession. afc will zero shots in 90mins.

barca are absolute class.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Telling stats...fcb had 738 passes completed to afc's 199. fcb 69% possession. afc will zero shots in 90mins.

barca are absolute class.

Indeed they are head & shoulders above anyone in World Football. To dismantle a team like Arsenal the way they did shows their quality. I just hope United doesn't get them :rolleyes:

On another note for Gooner fans ...... how the fcuk is Cesc Fabregas going to get a game at Barcelona if he goes in the next few years ?? There is nobody better than Barcelona's midfield right now.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note for Gooner fans ...... how the fcuk is Cesc Fabregas going to get a game at Barcelona if he goes in the next few years ?? There is nobody better than Barcelona's midfield right now.

Plus, Luka Modric will be playing there next year! :D

:bronco:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm shocked nobody mentioned the Van persie sending off, that was shocking. 1 second in between the whistle and his shot, 1 second with 90,000 screaming fans. Barcelona were majestic and are by far the best team in the world but you could already see Arsenal had some more space in the second half. Barcelona probably still goes through but 10 men for 30 minutes against Barcelona when your not a defensive team, bit much to over come. Does that ref even have the special qualifications to give a red card...Geordie is there a website where we can find a list of these special referees?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
English vs. Italy teams.......= DISASTER for football purists......especially when the English team wins the away leg. :D

I want a Barca/Shakhtar final........but that isn't possible.........Both teams will play to win. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0