Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Computers

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, can you do what you want to do from a pc? It could be that they've changed something server-side.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really, I pretty much junked and packed away the old PC. I ain't planning on bring that thing out again.

FYI: I just activated my Shaw webspace and connected via Fetch. No problem.

That all said, I'm still lovin' the Mac. :cool:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you check the "problem" windows FTP servers for their IIS settings and Directory Listing type? If you don't have access, I can setup an FTP site on XP or w2k3 and let you have a go with your Mac as a test.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Errr, um... no.

First, I don't know what 'the "problem" windows FTP servers for their IIS settings and Directory Listing type' means, and I didn't understand your previous post either. I was kind of hoping that you were just taking the piss.

Second, I'm still waiting to hear back from the server adminstrator to see if he has any fix. Currently, I can't even connect now because I think he's reset the login settings without telling me.

Not that I thought the whole world should know..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the offer, Winst. For now I'm just going to wait to hear back from the admin dude. I'll get back to you if nothing works on his end.

Cheers.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you've ever had trouble with your computer and felt bad about not being able to figure it out, don't worry because new technology has been causing people problems for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Palm E2

i'm a little behind in times and was wondering if anyone knew any info on the Palm tungsten E 2 ?

I purchased this for work and was just wondering if anyone knew of any place to get free downloads?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been there done that Regs but thanks for the tip:rolleyes: . Everything says free but there always seems to be a price? You see I'm a Maple Ridge boy and very cheap. When I say Free I mean Free.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tech Question

My wife just bought us some cordless phones with a 2.4 GHz signal. Our router for the wireless computer is also 2.4GHz (the Linksys brand -- I'm sure you're familiar with it). Are these two cordless items going to be issue with each other running on the same signal?

Or does the fact they handle different types of data discount the possibility of them interfering with each other?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm... I don't think either will NOT work, but there will probably be some interference at times.

Did you google it?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: skype

Has anyone tried this?

I use Skype for business contacts in Hong Kong, Shanghai and London where we are all speaking at the same time. It is pretty good and our problems have been few even with the connection from mainland China which can get jammed it seems from time to time.

As I just have 5 people on Skype I leave it on when the pc is running.
Last week, though, for the first time I found two spam messages from who knows what business in China just suddenly appear. It hasn't repeated like spam email but it might be a sign of things to come.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PC desk top shopping
I got a 1.15 ghz 512mb Mem....lets say the system has done a good job for it's power but it's time to move on

I've been checking out TigerDirect on the internet
I see some systems have Processor's that are going at 3 to 3.33 GHZ

a co worker has told me that Dual Core is better and that a 2.4 Dual core
is more powerful then the 3.33 ghz system

Can anybody explain on this ?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The architecture of the day allows chip makers to put two processor cores on a single chip. There is a distinction you should be aware of if you are sticking with an Intel based system vs an AMD one. For intel, there latest and industry top chip is a Core2 Duo(Soon to be Quad) This chip has lowered the power consumption(heat) and the smaller architecture allows faster processing speeds. If price point is a major concern, you probably get a dual core system a bit cheaper but I would go with the 6400 series of Intel Core2Duo chips as a sweet spot for performance and cost.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tech Question

My wife just bought us some cordless phones with a 2.4 GHz signal. Our router for the wireless computer is also 2.4GHz (the Linksys brand -- I'm sure you're familiar with it). Are these two cordless items going to be issue with each other running on the same signal?

Or does the fact they handle different types of data discount the possibility of them interfering with each other?

there will be interference for sure. goto your router and change to a chanel such as channel one which is the 2.1 ghz. that should help. Most routers are set on channel 6 (which is odd) which is 2.4

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Bonefish
I alot of the newer games I play tend to chug alot due to my Processor
power ... my neighbor is a IT guy and he tried to juice up my system ( for a case of beer )to at least a 1.8 ghz but the rest of my components wouldn't recognize it

Other then Tigerdirect .. do you know any places in the Lower mainland
I should look at other then Future shop and Bestbuy ?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0