Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City-Alemania

A few of us took in the epic battle :rolleyes: at the cow pasture known as Beach Grove Park. When we left, it was 3-0 City, so if someone from City can give us an unbiased game report :rolleyes: that would be great.

Here's how I saw it......
Whoever said Alemania was a solid and dangerous team has obvious not seen them play. Maybe they had an off-game, but there were few bright spots for them. They had a decent centerback-sweeper combo in the first half, but that fizzled in the second. City should've hammered them early, but it was only 1-0 at the half. Alemania actually had some really decent scoring chances, but their players either acted too slowly or didn't realize they were 'in the clear.'
As for City, they had an off-game. They didn't resemble the City squad that we battled earlier this season, as play was often sloppy. They still play to their strengths, and play hard, but I expected more of them.

We're looking forward to our rematch next week. Should be a good one. I just hope we find another park besides that one, but I don't expect much work out of the league to do that. Either way, it'll be a battle.

Go Cougs.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA beaten?

According to the excellent site, we beat CA 1-0 yesterday! We were given the points by the rocket scientists at the VMSL office. I'll email Ruben and get them switched. Believe me, as much as we want to beat CA, this isn't how we want to do it.

Go Cougs.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
tsenghera

First of all stop kissing ass, you'd take the points if you could. 2nd of all, what "Excellent site" are you talking about. If you are talking about the VMSL site, which i think you are, then you are as literate as Bender, b/c it says Cliff Ave wins 1-0 by default.

Rich Cougs 0-1D Cliff Ave = that Cliff Ave won.

I hope this clarifies any mixup, Chimp.

:bronco:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner, this was from the VMSL site, often referred to as 'the excellent site' by other TTPers.

Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
Cliff Avenue United 18 16 1 1 89 21 49

Notice the '1' under the 'L' column, does that seem right to you?
I know this might be hard to understand, but it means they lost one game, which was a mistake. If that still doesn't register, Shriner, then email me and we'll set up a tutorial for you on how to read standings.

Now whose the chimp, b!tch.

Go Cougs.

B

bender

shriner

i think u where dipping into your secret stash when u read the vmsl site but that doesn't really surprise me at all and me writing like a drunk boxer maybe true because im out of my secret stash and a certain "shriner" hasn't come by to replace the baggy

B

bender

blaze vs suckamania game

yes tsenghera said it right. whoever said suckamania or alemania was a good team was probably out with shriner the night before looking for little boys or hobos on king george hwy to take back to his basement suite for some mouth to **** recesitation because that team did not belong on the field with the blaze. they are lucky the blaze had a off day at the "cow patch" because the score could have easily been 5 or 6 nil if not more.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tsenghera

Has anyone found out how many teams are going to Vernon? Is it going to be 2,3, or 4. How the fcuk do they decide on 3 teams?
I can understand 2 or 4, but 3?
Do we have to bring our own beer to Beach next week or can we buy from you?

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliffy

I heard that VMSL is sending at least 3 teams, and maybe 4 depending on if the Island sends 1 or 2. I have no idea when they'll decide, but I imagine it'll be soon, cuz if only 3 go, then the semifinal losers have to play to decide the last spot.
As for the beer, I think bringing your own is a safer bet. We've had beer the last few games, but it's always hit and miss. See ya at the pasture.

Go Cougs.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beach Grove

Field is open but not really playable as of today. We will wait it out tonight and check it in the morning....if it is a swamp we'll call it...by 9AM.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuking discrace

Well well.

Another nasty end to an otherwise well played game between the junior hoops an d Sikh Temple Knights.After our well documented debacle in our first meeting the Knights seemed to have cleaned up their act and had a very different team on the field today.Most of their players seemed to be quality guys and the game was played virtually without incident. Knights were up 2-0 on two unusual goals against the general run of play.

I guess they hadn't cleaned up their act enough though. Their two defenders who I believe were brothers and obviously not Sikh started to act like idiots and mouth off everyone. With about 25 minutes left the ref. gave one of them a second yellow plus a red at which time he went ballistic threatening to kill the ref.,throwing punches at the ref. and refusing to leave.

The ref. had no option but to abandon the game and so a shitty end to our season.hopefully the league will punish this guy and throw him out of soccer for a long time.A classic example of 1 or 2 idiots wrecking it for everyone.

It will be interesting to see how the league awards the points for we strongly believe we had a good chance of winning the game as we were coming on really strong and a win would put us in first place.

Sidewinder.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, he was a fcuking idiot. He started being a real cnut on the field and I felt obliged to shout: "What the fcuk are you laughing at? You're fcuking shite." This is what got the guy going. He immediately turned to the sidelines, while the play was going on and started challenging everyone he could see. Club I had a great chance to score, while he was looking over at the sideline. He was the center back. About 3-4 minutes after this, he was called for a foul throw. Comment: "Nice skill, #13. Nice fcuking throw." I'm not sure if he heard this but he got a yellow for arguing, which resulted in a red. At this point, he cokced his right arm back like he was going to punch the ref. No one on the Temple team did anything, which was surprising. Anyway, he then went on to physical push and bump the ref, which consequently led the game being abandoned. Bottom line: He was a fcuking moron and should be banned for life. Somehow though, I feel like I am responsible for the initial comment that completely set him off. The arguing on the Sikh sidelines afterwards was entertaining too. Actually, I shouldn't say that because you could see a lot of frustrated people who were obviously humiliated by the clown's actions. Either way, it will be interesting to see what the league does to this guy.

The Instigator

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
beach grove

Have you guys contacted the league about the field? Do you know if they plan on cancelling or changing venues? I hope we can get it played, we haven't played in 2 weeks and are raring to go. Try and let us know as soon as you can about the field, thanks.

Go Cougs.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt. Shamrock

You shouldn't feel too responsible. He set himself up. Fcuk him, he deserves what he gets. If he lets people from the sidelines affect his game, well he shouldn't be playing.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt. Shamrock
I agree with Therapist. If that moron is so sexually inadequate that he has to confront the opposing teams sideline and then the ref, he deserves everything he gets.
When we trounced them 6-1 two weeks ago they were talking shite before the game saying we hadn't played anyone good! By the end of the game that same moron was taking any cheap shots he could when someone's back was to them. It would have been classic if he would have challenged our sideline. There would have been a line-up to smash a bottle on his head.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I am not bothered at all by his actions. As he was challenging our sidelines, we were literally laughing at him. I then offered him some sunflower seeds, but again I'm not sure if he heard me. I don't feel bad for what I said as the guy truly was shite. There is nothing worse than a guy who is trash talking when he has a hard time deciphering which foot is which. I really thought they were going to fight after the game. The guy forgot about us(ADHD) and told the team he actually quit. That was funny. You could see the depression set in on the Sikh Temple lads upon this announcement. We were going to ask him to join us but he left too quickly. Anyway, hopefully the cnut gets a life-time ban and a few weeks at Riverview. He could certainly use both.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliffhanger,

Take 17th to 56th Street, which is the first light you get to. Turn left and follow 56th until 16th avenue(I think). Turn left at the OK Tire, then you take your second left which will lead you directly to the school. I don't know what the street name is but I know it is the second left. For some reason, I think the game will be postponed anyway because that field does not drain well at all. Good luck.

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0