Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
City it is then...

Just heard from a reliable source that City pulled out a squeaker in PKs. Bit of a rough match I heard.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi

Just to update the interested CA playaz...Blaze 2-1 in PKs....i'd elaborate but I have to go to bed now....been partying all ****ing night...goood good.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Blaze over the Cougars

Bit of an ugly match. lots and lots ams lots of fouls. Ref really lost control. We controlled first half and should have put them away but couldn't put a second on in.Cougars had a penalty saved when we were up 1-0. They strated to carry play in 2nd half and finally tied it up with about 20 to go. But they were unable to put a second one in, in regulation. We controlled most of extra time but Cougs goalie made some great saves. In shootout our keeper stopped 2 and reached one other but couldn't get it past post. We scored all 4 of our kicks without a touch by their keeper.
Rough game and it took everything out of everyone on pitch. At 1 point in 2nd extra time there were a 2 team total of 7 guys on ground stretching cramps. Happy we won. Vernon is never going to be the same again after our trip to the BC's.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great effort cougars! You went way farther than I thought you would-good on ya!! CA by 2 over Blaze I am thinking.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done Blaze:

Too bad I couldn't get there on Fri night to watch!

Keep us posted as to the finals location and date. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the Pak Cup Final in FVSL.

Looking forward to further discussions;)

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final

3-2 Blaze

Reason? They're coming off playing last week and are a bit fresher. Also, they match up well with CA as they have an offense that can exploit the CA's defense.

I'm definitely there to watch.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay

Bring money, those sound like betting words.
There won't be any exploiting this week, we'll have everyone and the D will be tight.

A

Attila The Hun

Blaze vs CA

CA-3
Blaze-1

If however the Blaze can wear down CA by playing a hard hiting game, then I think they can pull off the W.
But, I don't think their offense is very "exploitive" as Teelay suggests. THe goal that they scored off us on Fri was a mental error. Their fitness was good, but I thought we kept up to them.
We lost on Fri, but if there is such thing as a good way to lose then that was it.
Does anybody know how many Div 2 teams make provincials? I know its either 3 or 4.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Attila

I just spoke to BC Soccer and they don't have anything set as of yet. They stated that there more interested in the other playdowns that are happening now and that the Provincial B Cup isn't a priority because it's not until June.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City 2: RC 1

A bit late on the game summary, but we were out of town for the weekend, hence the Friday night game. BlazeArmy was right, it was a bit ugly. The ref lost complete control after about 15 mins, and then it was a free-for-all. Both teams committed numerous fouls that went un-called, and continued to do so, knowing the ref was letting things go. One fight almost broke out towards the end of regulation, thanks to a nasty foul by our guy, and their guy almost kicking him as he was getting up. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed.
Alot of TTPers knock the Blaze and say they're not a classy team, but that's not entirely true. With the exception of one player (I wonder who that could be :rolleyes: ), the rest of the team was just playing hard and didn't have much to say. After we lost in PKs, one of their players came and shook our hands before celebrating with his teammates, a truely classy move. I think his name is Stevie Ray, #20, if I'm not wrong. Otherwise, it was just a really physical game. I thought my teeth were gonna get knocked out, thanks for the forearm BR! It's all part of the game, and if you can't take it, you shouldn't dish it out.
Both teams had great chances to win it and both goalies came up big. Their goalie did well to come out of his net and cut off crosses and long balls, while ours made several fantastic saves.
Anyways, good luck to the Blaze on Saturday, should be a great match.
All is not lost, as I'm confident we'll see the 2 finalists in Vernon, and hopefully we can extract some revenge.
Until then, I'm gonna go out and work on my PK :rolleyes: .

Go Cougs.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the sentiments Angryman. I'm sure we were the only ones that thought we'd make it this far. We were looking forward to our semis with City as soon as the draw was released. A bit optimistic, sure, but we made it happen and then almost pulled it off.

Most people thought we'd get blown out of the water by City, but we held our own and then some. It would not have been an unfair result if we had won, which makes me proud as a player/coach.

Go Cougs.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I thought you guys would lose in regulation by a 3-1 or 4-2 score, so full credit for going as far as you did.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adanac Park

Drove by the field this morning on my way to work, and the posts had been taken down. Strike up another one for Ruben.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right on about the ref. He lost control basically in the first 15 minutes and from that point on feet were left in, tackles late etc., the inmates were running the asylum.
When you can get away with it you have to do it. anyway great effort by both teams. Hopefully the boys can put togethor a good effort against CA wherever they play the game. I won't be there:(
I'll be in Vegas:wa:

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincials

Cliffhanger.....

Talked to Azzi today and he proceeded to congratulate the Blaze on making the provincials and told me that we had to pay $150 to enter....what the fu*@ is that all about??

I don't really understand why we have to pay to play in a tournament where we will be representing the VMSL....if anything they should be paying us to play in it. What do you think???
I would be happy to have a meeting with the league about this one....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck, Blaze. Our team, Richmond Town, played in the provincial 'B' cup 3 years ago, and despite winning our league and two cups, still had to pay for the tournament. That's all it really is. How many tournaments cost less than $150? It's all about the prestige of winning the 'B' cup. It's kind of like the UEFA Cup, but just a little less prestigious. :) Good luck none the less.

Captain

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk the VMSL. Tell those pricks to go BLOW themselves!..............................Although I'm sure they would get way too much satisfaction out of it seeing as how that would be free sex. Arseholes they are!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0