Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Division 2 Cup 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

Max buddy,

Thanks for the endorsement. Are you back in town now? I heard you were over in England. That will ensure PGR stays up in div.1

If I need any help in tourney's this summer can I call on you, Bandcamp and Kurgan. Talk to you soon,

Mickster

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sick of the mick

So you have singled out the watcher and even more disturbingly grouped him in with vratar. This puts our relationship on the verge of disrepair mickster. Nonetheless you bring up some valid points. Firstly, that there is a better than good chance you girls wont get out of you're half of the draw. (See we can agree on things). Secondly, that NK boys are good sports even if you say two out of twelve (we had one sub)are not. Still a respectably high percentage. One that a batch of winners like NSU can only dream of attaining. And last but not least. Neon blue keepers jeresey should be retired. Hopefully before our next meeting when vratar shuts you up and out. As far as hurting your midfield...(1)we wont be chasing them(2)we will make the finals(3)its PGU that wont be in div 2 next year.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting sick of hearing the ramblings of the NK boys. It's all talk unless you start proving it on the field. (which I doubt will happen)
Maybe you guys should take up Rugby?

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist, just make sure you bring a bottle of Beam to the Div2 cup final so we can celebrate our win. NK is made up of a bunch of guys who excel in all sports, so if you want to challenge us to Rugby, hockey,football,jai alai, etc just let us know where and when.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Water Polo

It sounds like you boys in div. 2 like to wear speedo's, so try the various water sports.

But since you guys are such great athletes:rolleyes: , maybe you should try checkers.

HOSstilllookingforthegreatAthletesinDiv.2

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK "The Little Train That Couldnt"

Associated Press

...A horrific train mishap has just cost NK Hvrastna any chance at Cup glory. With there season already in shambles following 2 major debacles with NSU-JimBeam, the stoddard, beer swilling, chain smoking Croats thought themselves revitalized after the first round of Cup Play.

In a muck-fest vs their Balkan brothers, they eked out a victory with a lofty goal tally of one. A great accomplishment, made possible only by the hot air of one 'Watcher' and 'Vrater', the baby blue keep' extroidinaire.

High from the European tobacco they are so fond of and fueled by a week long celebratory feast of polenta and cabbage, the Watcher/Vrater led troop once again climbed high into the hills of the NorthShore Mtns. to face the unskilled, paper pushing pagans also known as JimBeam School of Kick and Run.

With but a few minutes left till the kickoff, The NK train, fully coked, blinding red(from the fire of the many pregame smokes), crests the mtn, the billowing smoke that accompanies them encases Clevand Park in a foreboding shroud.

The mighty NK assemble themselves on the battlefield. Giants they are standing tall like the peaks of Bjelolasica as the rage begins to build. Incited by Watcher and Vrater's very public and daily tirades against the NSU-JB squad, and still bearing the scars from previous meetings with the NSU, NK are here not to play soccer but to regain their pride and honor which was taken not once but twice in landslide defeats.

The smoky haze over the field clears just enough that the ambient light illuminates the minuscle NK opposition. In goal for NSU is the bikini wearing keeper. The keystone for the backline is none other than Mick the Mickster whose belly belies his ableness to fortress the NSU defense. In front of him are the others, Therapist, OneRun, Hammer, Creedence, and finally the purveyors of the "Kick and Run Style", LegRoom and Bonefish.

What happened next was no fault of NK. Perhaps, it was some bad wine at the feast of Martinje or maybe their proximity to the "yuppie centre" of Vancouver was much akin to Clark Kent's affliction with Kryptonite. What they had hoped would be a great coup, alas, could not be. It was quick and most certainly the pain did not last long. It started with a classic 'OneRun' ball up the line to the blisteringly fast Legroom. In mere moments he had blasted through the already crumbling NK towers of the defence. Bonefish, seeing the gaping creavasses open up before him joined the rush and together with Legroom closed in on the Vrater the NK Keep with an air of doom. Vrater, although not the brightest light in the darkroom, has the heart of a 'Gator. Rushing off the line with arms outstretched he unleashes his secret weapon. From under his arms he deploys his auxillary jersey extensions. The baby blue silk folds catch in the breeze and the resulting canopy of blue blinds the two streaking NSU forwards who collide in a heap at the top of the 18. The now jubliant keeper puts his head down and moves to collect the free ball. Unbeknowest to Vrater, however, the Hammer is ****ed.....

Flick....Flick.....Flick...Flick...Flick....Is a bird, is a "heel flicking faggot", no it's.....one highly pissed off, shin smashing English...can you fcuks say, Hammertime!!!!!
It's amazing how a little bit of attitude and mustard can make 33yr old legs move that quick....Flick Flick....Hammer easily collects the loose ball. Vrater's secret weapon of blue silk is useless against Hammmer as he is actually quite taken with the color.

With one last flick of a peg, Hammer goes top corner and Vrater goes in cardiac arrest. The turn of events hits the rest of NK Team like Buster Douglas Hitting "IronMike". One by one the following goals stack up like box cars at Terminal and Main.

The game ends, what were once mountains are now foothills that stack themselves into the last caboose for the long, long long ride down Mount JimBeam.

Sorry NK, The Three Knowdown Rule Does Apply, See you next year.....Maybe not!

-BoneThugsAndJimBeam-

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefishies going down

Hey that was very very well thought out, i am impressed. You and your boyfriend(s) certainly do display poetic writing ability, however when it comes to our next meeting in cup play your downfall will be obvious.

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This forum is starting to get some legs boys....

A quick observation: NK Lads: Despite all the trash talking and tough guy innuendo from you lot (Iron Mike with his reference to knocking out some Beam teeth) I believe your team merits some talent that for some unforseen reason has not provided you with more wins on the pitch.

I see that you are all pumped about the cup, why? because this is a second chance (kind of like when Vratar was given a 2nd chance when he was 12 by the district Judge, when he burned down his parents house... How was it growing up in Juvey Hall?)

I find it quite amusing with the passion & sheer vigor displayed by the NK boys posting their various rants. Now if you can just channel this passion on the footie field, it would result in a good shot at the cup.

I am getting tired of the needless banter back and forth. The true test lies in the pudding, otherwise we all have the talk but no ****!

With reference to all the tough guy talk, i.e. wanting to "smash our teeth in" in all my wisdom gained through experience, always watch out for the quiet, non talkative & non-confrotational guy as he is usually the guy doing the shite kicking not the most obnoxious who makes the most noise, they are usually the biggest PUSSIES! Secondly, never underestimate your opponent .

Take this with how ever many grains of salt you wish.

All the best in your cup run.

Hammer

PS. Vratar, glad to see you have decided to retire your powder blue kit! Good on ya..
:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The funniest thing about all this banter is that both your teams seem to believe you'll make it past the second round.

"Not bloody likely!" :D

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, the funniest thing about this banter, is that someone actually gives a shite!!!!:rolleyes:

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Powder blue kit still alive & kicking

Hammer,

The trash talk is getting publicity from the whole league, keep up the good work!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Accepting applications for PR guy?

Vratar, if you want publicity buy a pig farm. If you want to win more games than you lose stop smokin' and start trainin'. Just stating the obvious:D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco Must be Bored

Well Well,

Thank you Bronco for gracing this lowly Div2 Thread with your royal premeir presence. Are you really that bored that you need to denigrate the denziens of div2...
...or have you given up on trying to defend your 2 win season in the Premier Thread....

-justaquestion-

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So looking at the standings and games left to be played, it would seem that the JB's will have an easier time than Point Grey with their last opponent. That said, Point Grey will have a shot at a final league win before the JB's. Perhaps the pressure of needing a win to match PG, will have them squeezing the stick a little too hard.

Then again, Godlike may be squeezing his a little too hard as well. :p

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bronco busting

This div 2 team has a winning record all time vs. Croatia A (do you even play for them?)not that you would give a shite about us and our lowly second division. Another surprise batina (spanking) is just around the corner when our teams meet. P.S. Those past A-teams would blow away this lackluster model. NK Hrvat is however bordering on something special. Stay tuned.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Free publicity is an art?

Dapotaytohead,

It appears publicity is art of communication that I have mastered.
Thanks for the acknowledgement. As for the training, I need a new sparring partner would you be interested? The 3 knock down rule does not apply.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSU Primos vs Bombastic

Primos beat Bombastic 1-0 on an own goal (labelled top corner). One of the most boring games I've ever played in, but we'll take the win. That David Lam field is awful - very hard to keep control of the ball.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL Blooper

If it was an OG and labelled, that must have been some funny sight to watch a Bombastic turn around and smoke it into his own net.

But that's not what you meant, was it?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OG

The defender stuck out his foot at the top of the 18 yard box to deflect a pass, and his"deflection" actually rifled into the top corner. I don't think it could have looked any prettier.

But seriously - it was a boring game of defense - very little momentum on either side, and both teams looked like they were willing to let it go into extra time.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSU JB's 3 Fury 2

Ugly ugly ugly win. We clrealy came out and were not ready to play and the Fury took adavntage early going up 1-0. Then Mickster was sent off with a red. I think the rest of us were jealous at that point because the way the game was going no one really wanted to be on the pitch. Luckily we sort of turned it around in the second half and rallied for a 3-2 win. Maybe this game was a good wake up call for us.
Kudos to Bonefish for his good job in net.

Pt Grey vs JB cup game should be a good preview for the one game playoff for promotion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0