Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Division 2 Cup 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Therapist ... we all know that Bumblastic and PiG are going to tie then we will give Wetslide the trashing they deserve. Therefore there will be no playoff game :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be no Westside trashing

Rangers 1 ICSF Calabria 2

Ugly ugly ugly loss. We clrealy came out and were not ready to play but we took the advantage early going up 1-0. Late in the game Sully was was sent off with a red. I think the rest of us were jealous at that point because the way the game was going no one really wanted to be on the pitch. Unluckily, we sort of turned it around in the second half and choked ourselves for a 2-1 loss. Maybe this game was a good wake up call for us.

P.S. The league is the only thing of real importance. Right? Right?

P.P.S. John was our ref -- nobody, and I mean nobody -- deserves him.

Boycs

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's unbelievable. Calabria are horrible, I mean really, really bad. I would have picked you guys to put 5 or so past them.

Things are looking interesting for the Lomas B's in the Cup. If anyone's interested we beat Van Olympics Ouzo on the weekend, in a 1-0 affair that featured a ref worse than John. A little fella named Dieter, who's main preoccupation in life is tucked in shirts and the possibility that the little metal things on a pair of multi-studded football boots might be a little bit sharp.

The officious little twerp got so bad that after we scored a late penalty, which was admittedly a little soft, he sent off a couple of their guys, started throwing yellows around with abandon, and the Olympics just quit, they had enough and they went home. I couldn't blame them as they barely played in our half so being down to 8 men, they hadn't a hope.

Binger's Army next, Does this help your pool hopes Regs?? I know that we disproved at least one prediction with a win, but if we don't start scoring again Binger's in the next round could be interesting.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, they are extremely bad. We put 5 past them last time we played but this time it was a combination of (a) lack of effort on our part (after our only goal, we seemed content to put ourselves in cruise control thinking it would be a cakewalk), (b) bad luck -- 2 goal line saves by defenders, and (c) bad reffing -- 3, count them, 3 missed PK's (2 outright trips, and one punch in the back of the head, which, of course, led to the brawl and red card).

I am loathe to blame it all on John, since we made our own bed, but jeez -- any other ref and it would have a been completely different game. Clutching, grabbing, elbows and puching -- fat, lazy Italians are hard to combat when John won't leave the centre circle.

It was a shocking display all around. I felt ashamed to be playing infront of so many passer-bys in Yaletown. It gave our sport a bad name.

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:rolleyes:

Shite, pitful display of footie. The beam was lucky to recieve a check in the win column yesterday. For christs sake, I have not seen us play that bad in years!!!

Hey Mickster, thanks for pulling my hung-over ass in the first 15! It gave me a 30 min rest to reflect (and hydrate) on the sidelines. Thought our team managed to pull together in the 2nd with numerous scoring opportuinities.

Was amused at two Fury players, the bald left mid who thought he was Beckham but really played liked David Norman and the tall fcuker upfront with which i really enjoyed delivering the bone-crushing tackle (thank god for shin pads or the hammer would have suffered a broken peg) The fcuker cracked my shinguard with his eloquent "cleats up style of tackeling"

Oh well, enough regressing, a win is a win however shite it may be! Bring on God-like, Dapotato et al.

Good luck all next week (especially Insider, beam is hoping you guys scrape out a tie)

hammerwhoshouldrefrainfromdrinking3dayspriortokickoff!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidelined !!!!

Ugly win but we'll take it. Looks like I'll be joining Dapotayto on the sidelines for the next cup game. Maybe we can have our own comptetition......say boatraces....while we sit and watch. And as for Keeper, looks like the only way you'll see one of the div 2 c powerhouses is from the sidelines with me. What the hell happened there? Not sorry to see you guys out or anything, just very surprised. The team seemed to play better with me on the bench so hopefully that continues or my season is done. Looking forward to watching the PGU vs Bombastic game on the weekend, should be a good one if Bombastic plays better than they did in the cup......no own goals this week ok guys !!! The other big game is Club I vs Alemania. Club I should be well rested after their early exit from the cup.

Mickster....investing in a comfy chair and a beer holding hat....

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell, Keeper

Keeper, what the fcuk happened? Now we'll never have the classic good vs. evil, Luke vs. Darth, Keeper vs. Godlike goalkeeping battle that was looming as you're team has gone and ejaculated prematurely. Kind of anti-climatic (so to speak). Have you no sense of drama, man? Mickster, it's good to see someone else has the same shitty timing as me as far as red cards go. Boatraces sound good but stay the fcuk away from Hammer's case of Heini's 'cause they will belong to me at about 3:45 pm that day:cool:

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapat - HO,

The only time you will have true ownership of the Heini's is when you walk out of the Liquor Store after your purchase....

Thank you for reminding me of our little wager...Are we still on for a case of Heinis for our 1st match. ?? ( I know i hate buying anything Dutch, except Heinis and hash-hish... I probally should be bringing some more traditional British brew, but who can drink warm stout?)

Now I will soften the blow a little, by allowing you to give me 11 Heini's and you can enjoy the 12th! You will find some comfort with this great brew, while contemplating your next loss to the mighty Beam. Think of it as a little consulation prize!

Hammer looking forward to 'crunching some PGU pegs in the middle!

:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammer,

The bet is most assuredly on. One thing though, as I will not be playing that day I will have ample time to kill your twelve Heinekens that in the end will be mine anyway. So, what I am trying to say is just bring 'em on over to our bench prior to game start so I can begin killing brain cells on a timely basis. Thanks for supporting my (and my teammates) drinking habit. BTW, I think you're hiding something when you say you only like buying Dutch beer and hash. I know you have a clog fetish and seeing as you're kind enough to buy the beer on game day the next time I am in Amsterdam I will pick you up a pair of nice wooden clogs. That is, if I have any guilder left after visiting de wallen.

P.s. Please chill the Heini's to a suitable temperature before handing them over.

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto,

Well, Well, Well, you found my fetish with clogs out....

But truthfully, I usually wear the clogs only on match days. I find the impact of the wood to be much more efficient and effective when I kick it up yer arse, then traditional rubber!

And I am probably sure that you must be quite bored with all the rubber (or latex for that matter) going for a ride up yer arse, at least you practice safe sex with your partners unlike Godlike who rides more bare-back style then Geronimo (sp??) himself.

Looking forward to:

a) kicking Westside to the curb this afternoon
b) Drinking your Heinis next weekend after our match.

BTW, why are you not playing?

ps. you should bring some ointment to sooth all the slivers resulting in your "clogging" that will be bestowed on ya!
:D

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NKH is OUT!

The mighty NK train has fallen and has probably put a few smiles on a lot of you out there.

The game was poor, NK played the shits and Elephant had there chances but couldn't put it away. Vratar did come up big though on a few good outside shots. 0-0 after 90. Into the extra time frame both teams were just kicking the ball around and after the 1st 15 still 0-0. Elephant got there break when a wide open man buried a nice hard shot of the cross bar and in teh back of the net. Elephant celebrates NK goes home and has the Easter Sunday off.

In all this it's better we lost cuz if we win or elephants wins, Cliff Ave will smoke em on Sunday. So atleast now we can have our Easter Lunch!

AS for me i think it's time for retirement after freezing my ass on sidelines i think it's time for summer time play only. But u never know,. oh well good luck to the walk this sunday. and now since we out i'd like to see the JB's win the cup. good luck!

:)

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more Train!!!

And I was looking forward to a Jim Beam vs NKH final. I guess we'll have to wait til next year to battle it out again. WE play the Falcons on Easter Sunday and should have the easiest of the 1/4 final matches.....but you never know, we almost lost to Fury in the opening round. I caught the end of the Falcons vs Calabria game and still can't believe that Calabria beat Westside in the opening match...they really suck and it took OT for the Falcons to beat them...wtf

If our game goes as planned, I'm hoping to catch some of the Rangers vs Peg on the next field to catch up with Max and the boys.

Good luck to all...

Mickster

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, well the mighty NK lads are out of the cup. Iron Mike or is that Iron Michelle? where are your boastful posts now my friend?

BJB, thanks for the encouragement....
Too bad you guys did not beat the Elephant, was looking forward to seeing NK and the Beam in the finals.

Good luck to all on Sunday except the North Shore Falcons...

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Hammer throws one last shot to Iron Mikes' ribcage. What am I to do with my Sundays' now??? Congrats to the ELEPHANTS, a well deserved win. Overall a decent season by NK considering a 1-5 start and talk of relegation. Eventhough we have had our verbal run-ins with the Beam, still picking them for the cup.Best of luck to all those still playing.

The train is presently refueling for that long run it will be making next season....

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers 2 - Primos 1 OT

Primos were up 1 at the half in a pretty even first half. 2nd half saw Bingers turn up the heat, and they eventually scored with 3 minutes left in regulation to force OT. Then they scored in the first OT on a semi-breakaway. Overall they were the better team today, but it was a pretty physical tough game.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On to the semi's

Beam 1 - Falcons 0

Not our best performance...yet again... but we'll take the win even as ugly as it was. Falcons with only 10 men played well enough to be in the game but then midway in the second half saw a defender head the ball over his own keep. Falcons are young and need more experience and more players but should do better next year. Lack of effort and execution on the part of the Beam, among other things, made the game a lot closer than it should have been!!

Teelay, sorry to hear about the loss, we were all looking forward to meeting you guys next week.

Max, can we expect you to grace the sideines when we take on the Army in the semi's, should be a pretty good game with two evenly matched teams.

Mickster

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beam vs Bingers

Scouting Report on the Army:

Since we've played them three times this season and twice in the past 3 weeks, I have a pretty good idea about these guys. They have great offensive pressure - expect your defense to be pressured at all times. They are also very good at finishing what chances they have - give them a little sniff and they can make you pay. I can't pinpoint a weakness they have - maybe a bit slow in the back end and not great outside midfielders, but otherwise a strong side.

They play the long ball big time - so expect to be doing a lot of chasing a ball with one of their guy's on your tail. They're also very strong in the air.

I'll likely come out and watch next week (unless the Clan vs 96ers is at the same time).

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semifinalists

Another good game will be Optima vs. Cliff Ave. From playing this year versus both teams, I believe Cliff Ave to be the better side by a small margin. Cliff Ave went through a really tough time a couple of months ago, but reportedly have their act together right now - should be a good matchup.

I predict the following semi-finals:

Cliff Ave 3 - Optima 1.

Beam and Bingers go to PKs ... toss a coin.

Again, 3 of the final 4 are Div 2 "B" hmmmm.... :cool:

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beam v. Bingers

mickster:

should be another classic encounter, knowing the history between these two teams. i will most certainly attend if i'm not otherwise disposed in a turtle battle fighting off relegation from Div.1.

max

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beam / Bingers

Yikes, what happened ... anyone? I know Bingers has their "A" game on right now, but 5-0 in a semi-final is a bit of a one-sided affair, no?

Did someone forget to mark their tall guy up front or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0