Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
kjohn and I grabbed a Salaam Sandy at La Charcuterie today.

Poor KJ. ;) Ate the entire thing in one sitting, and was only called "Cutie" by Salaam once! :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
almost, wait for his response :D
My Guess is that either he is on the toilet (poor toilet), or curled up in the fetal position at home crying like a girl, or in the ER at Langley or Surrey Hospital. ;)

The half of my sandy that I wisely chose to NOT consume and save for a late afternoon snack/dinner is sitting in the office fridge at the moment.

I feel like a million bucks! :D

I haven't figured out what is less apetizing
A) Seeing the image taped to his tip jar ;
B) Hearing him tell the lass in line ahead of us just exactly where he got the "Yeast to make the multi-grain bread"

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now come on. If you're willing to pay $16.70 for a sandwich at Katz's, you should have paid the $12.25 for MORLEY'S MEGAMERGER- Lotsa corned beef, lotsa pastrami and swiss cheese.

Seriously, it is a cadiac arrest, and barely any bread for a mountain of fatty goodness.

Granted, I've tasted the Corn Beef at Carnegie, and Kaplans, but not Katz's. Canegie is world renound, as is Katz's, as having the best around, anywhere. I've heard Swartz's in Montreal is amazing, too, but in two visits so far this year to the great city, the great Deli has eluded me. Long story short, the Corn Beef at Kaplans is TOP NOTCH, and honestly, you are pretty much a full on jew by the time you leave the place. IMO, you can't go wrong at Kaplans, now with a location downtown.

http://www.kaplans.ca

Appologies on the spelling in the previous post. I'm blaming the 45-yes- 45 minute drive into the office from Langley to Burnaby at 5:15. Truly stupid. It's a wonder we don't have more people looking to jump off bridges.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And poor Pappi had his place closed down for not washing his hands prior to making that roast duck for Jerry.

Yeah, I'll have that guy make a sandwich for me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a supply partner of ours in town, and he just asked me where he can get a sandwich. Directed the poor bugger down the street to see Salam @ LaCaracature.

When he get's back, he'll give me the lowdown. After his meal, I'll e-mail the video.

It's like sending in a lamb for slaughter.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
try working for salaam...worse job I ever had...theres a reason the meat & cheese is so cheap...

What was your job :confused: He is a freak, maybe JBN could get a job there. Salaam would give him attention so he wouldn't have to post on every thread on TTP:D

$$$MAN

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

I will give a better review one of these days...haven’t done as much traveling in the past year with the exception of a three week trip to Peru in October. Not a nation of sandwiches, but the roast a mean guinea pig, if you are into guinea pigs.

I can't recall if Estrella's Montreal Deli & Cafe :: Authentic Montreal Smoked Meat :: Langley, BC in Langley ever got my review, but it is a solid 4.75/5 toothpicks. Only because I personally haven't been to Swartz's deli in Montreal yet, and because, somewhere, there is a 5/5 toothpicks.

Order the Montreal, Medium, w/ sauerkraut and Dejan. You'll sweat fatty corned beef for the next two days, but fcuk me. Heavenly. My favorite sandwich in the Vancouver area, full stop.

Honorable local mention: Mozarts Bakery in Walnut Grove. Yes, they make Sandwiches, of the grilled pannini variety. Mozart Bakery & Cafe • Wedding Cakes • Special Occasion Cakes • Artisan Breads • Pastries I'm not typically a pannini fan, but they combine an explosion of great ingredients, and have killer soup to wash it down with. 3.5/5 toothpicks, and for a pannini that is very generous, as fans of Dude's Sandwich review know.

Attachments

• P1060098.jpg
    P1060098.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 137
  • P1060096.jpg
    P1060096.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 126

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude and I once went for a sandy and soup at Mozarts, and it was heavenly. (I believe I had a half pannini and some ginger carrot soup)

Dude knows his sandys...

(The open face seafood melt that day in the Burnaby cafe by your old shop might have been the best lunch of my life!)

and yes $$$man, I still post in every thread ;)

~postwhore

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man, our old place was such a dive, and that neighbourhood was ter-ri-ble for lunch selections. The lunchtruck was honestly a realistic choice everyday.

I forgot the name of that place... Something Catering Company. The place was behind the Burnaby 8 rinks turf fields, was actually a pretty good after work spot for beers, too. Funky layout in the middle of a light industrial neighbourhood. Followed the tried and true recipe of having hot servers bringing your food to you. Yes, the open face crab melt was outstanding. Tons of crab, average size bread = good crab:bread ratio.

Not a corned beef, but not bad. 4/5 toothpicks.

These days I'm eating a couple of times a week at Browns Social House » Langley in Langley. OUTSTANDING tallent serving food, so that helps. They have an Almost Famous Blackened Fish Sandwich on the menue. Well Browns, you can drop the "Almost", because it's now hit Dude's Sandwich review.

The sandwich is made of a nice chunk of blackened halibut, a little coleslaw, and this wicked special sauce. It really is an excellent sandwich. IF it is a sandwich. It may in fact be a burger, which would disqualify it from Dude's Sandwich Review. But, if it is a sandwich, it rates 4.358 / 5 toothpicks.

Browns is 4.95 / 5 mini skirts for server quality, though.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for rekindling, Regs... there are a couple of places that i will be hitting up soon.

McLean's Restaurant - evidently they make a mad sandwich in the custom deli side.
www.stackhouseburgerbar.com - the grand opening is weds feb 23, but a food critic friend (yes... dude... that is a real job, not just a ttp thing) went there and said it was outstanding.

review and pictures to follow...

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a supply partner of ours in town, and he just asked me where he can get a sandwich. Directed the poor bugger down the street to see Salam @ LaCaracature.

When he get's back, he'll give me the lowdown. After his meal, I'll e-mail the video.

It's like sending in a lamb for slaughter.

To the thousands of cars that have been trying to buy a sub at Salam's.

Salam was just in a car accident and the business has been closed for about a week. He was rear ended by a semi-truck and was in a coma for 3 days. The force of the accident sent his chest into the steering wheel and ruptured his aorta. He is out of the hospital and at home recovering.

I'll post again when he re-opens.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0