Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, we need better pictures.

Who do you think I am, Sixfyv, and walking around w/ a goddamn HD camera in my pocket at all times? Lucky you didn't get a fcuking napkin sketch. You bloody gen Xers, you are all about me, me, me. What has society done for me, right JBN? The 99%...yeah, I know your type. Suppose you want to invite me to your tent for a little puff puff too now, eh hippy?

Fcuk off, I'm busy.

And thank you for visiting Dude's Sandwich Review. Please come again.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do you think I am, Sixfyv, and walking around w/ a goddamn HD camera in my pocket at all times? Lucky you didn't get a fcuking napkin sketch. You bloody gen Xers, you are all about me, me, me. What has society done for me, right JBN? The 99%...yeah, I know your type. Suppose you want to invite me to your tent for a little puff puff too now, eh hippy?

Fcuk off, I'm busy.

And thank you for visiting Dude's Sandwich Review. Please come again.
Awesome customer service Dude! :D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right then ........ was reading something on Twitter about a new place that opened up last night.

Montreal's Original Dunn's Famous Restaurant. Specializing in Montreal Smoked Meat, an array of poutines, etc., etc.

Apparently, it's at 827 Seymour Street (Seymour & between Robson & Smithe)

Dunn

Any chance of a review by our downtown correspondent's sixfyv & vancitysbest ??

~curious

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right then ........ was reading something on Twitter about a new place that opened up last night.

Montreal's Original Dunn's Famous Restaurant. Specializing in Montreal Smoked Meat, an array of poutines, etc., etc.

Apparently, it's at 827 Seymour Street (Seymour & between Robson & Smithe)

Dunn

Any chance of a review by our downtown correspondent's sixfyv & vancitysbest ??

~curious

You ask, I deliver (eventually).

Hit this place up today... Sandwich was very meaty. A bit drier than some, but very good. Still nowhere near Katz's. But the poutine... LET ME TELL YOU!!! Best i have ever had. Right combination of gravy and cheese... with the gravy having a strong meaty flavour with a little bit of sweetness. I stepped into the poutine after crushing the mediocre sandy. Left there thinking i will come back for the carmelized onions and beef combo in the beef dip. Another installment to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0413 (2).jpg
    IMG_0413 (2).jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 287

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK... i did the Mom's Grilled Cheese Truck. Pretty awesome, but i didnt take pictures so i am going back to do a double review... going to get the grilled cheese meatloaf sandy.

In the meantime... i found the perfect dessert for Dude's next Turducken party... Piecaken. Awesome.piecaken.jpg

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK... i did the Mom's Grilled Cheese Truck. Pretty awesome, but i didnt take pictures so i am going back to do a double review... going to get the grilled cheese meatloaf sandy.

In the meantime... i found the perfect dessert for Dude's next Turducken party... Piecaken. Awesome.View attachment 9059

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

In the meantime... i found the perfect dessert for Dude's next Turducken party... Piecaken. Awesome.View attachment 9059

I must have this cake. Where can I buy one? I don't know if Chef Picard's skills extend to baking.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too rushed to take photos, but did the @home creative sandy today - big stack of thin-sliced rare roast beef prime rib on 12 grain with aged cheddar, dijon, and horseradish, with a side of rosemary-sprinkled yam fries and Catorce Verde's nuclear garlic aioli.

Glad I don't have any in-person meetings this afternoon...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too rushed to take photos, but did the @home creative sandy today - big stack of thin-sliced rare roast beef prime rib on 12 grain with aged cheddar, dijon, and horseradish, with a side of rosemary-sprinkled yam fries and Catorce Verde's nuclear garlic aioli.

Glad I don't have any in-person meetings this afternoon...

Give it a couple hours and you will have a meeting with John

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was in the downtown area this afternoon so decided to stop in at Meat & Bread - corner of Cambie & Hastings.

Been meaning to try this place forever and am thankful & did today.

The place has a simple menu but focus on fresh & quality ingredients. They have a whopping 4 sandwiches on offer everyday with 3 standard items and 1 special that changes daily.

I went with the Porchetta, served on a fresh ciabatta roll with salsa verde & a side of mustard for $8. The Porchetta was awesome ..... very moist, flavourful and with the salsa verde on top, absolutely delicious. The salsa verde was outstanding as well .... a hint of heat with a great combination of flavours. Size wise, it's not a huge sandwich by any means but it is quality.

Get it in you ....... 4.5 toothpicks.

Porchetta.jpgPorchetta II.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was in the downtown area this afternoon so decided to stop in at Meat & Bread - corner of Cambie & Hastings.

Been meaning to try this place forever and am thankful & did today.

The place has a simple menu but focus on fresh & quality ingredients. They have a whopping 4 sandwiches on offer everyday with 3 standard items and 1 special that changes daily.

I went with the Porchetta, served on a fresh ciabatta roll with salsa verde & a side of mustard for $8. The Porchetta was awesome ..... very moist, flavourful and with the salsa verde on top, absolutely delicious. The salsa verde was outstanding as well .... a hint of heat with a great combination of flavours. Size wise, it's not a huge sandwich by any means but it is quality.

Get it in you ....... 4.5 toothpicks.

View attachment 9185View attachment 9188

I was just today thinking to myself, "Self, I haven't had a quality sandy in a long time. I could go have another corned beef, but there must be something new out there? Right? Self?"

Well, obviously I didn't have an immediate answer for myself, but I do now, next trip DT.

As for this week, I have heard news of a grilled cheese store in Fort Langley. Going to see "Dr." Patterson for a bit of aggressive poking and a snap or two, so I'll check out the grilled cheese joint after.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0