Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Election Night Bush vs Kerry....

Will you be watching tonights US Election Coverage???

• Total voters

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will you be watching any of the 30 channels showing tonight's election?? It is said to be the closest election and may not even be decided tonight...

I will be watching sometime later tonite and hope to see a lot of BLUE when they show the map of the states.... fcku i hate bush.... well George W. Bush! :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$100 says this election is decided in the courts again :rolleyes:

Over the past week, watching shows such as "The World According to Bush", it's baffling how he could ever keep the result close, nevermind get re-elected :mad:

I'll be watching tonight (and reading coverage on the net today) but I don't have a good feeling regarding the outcome... here's hoping!

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally feel that a change of power is needed down there. They need a man in office that will bring more international diplomacy to the table, and more common sense. Yes, the "War" on terrorism is important, but Bush has the public believing that the war in Iraq is directly connected. In addition, their economy is in the hole, causing their buck to plummet, along with my paychecks. That has to stop.

Time to refocus resources, and help Iraq get back on it's feet from a more comfortable distance.

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redskins lost so will Bush, if superstition and history don't prevail we always have the fact that the man is a complete moron.

Sad, that most of us are more engrossed by this election than our own. :(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speak for yourself Lita. Review the archives, and you'll see way more discussion on the Canadian Federal Election than you will ever read here on the Presidential race.

Catholic...they scare me almost as much as the Baptists. IMO, religion has no place in politics. Fat chance there, as too many idiots in this world vote with their religious alliances. Oh well...at least he's not a Croat.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco said:
He'd be too perfect then! :D

True That!!! :)

I can't believe this race is even close... Has Bush put subliminal(speeling) messages on tv or something??

Fool me once ummmmmmmm ya fool me twice uhhhh shame on.... IDIOT!!!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerry Concedes to Bush This Morning!! Looks like Kerry has had enough. I still believe there are 100000 missing ballots in OHIO which they will find in kerry's favour and making him the winner.... :rolleyes: I can't believe how many freaking retards voted for that freaking retard last nite... Atleast Michael moore may be able to make a triology of farenheit 9/11 movies!!! Fcku do i hate bush!!! well George W. Bush that is!!! and his father George and brother Jed, and .... :mad:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a non-American looking at the demographics of the vote, Kerry definitely attracted the intellectual vote. Look at the states he won. Most border the 49th parallel. Blue is Kerry. Red is bush. (normally I like red bush) :rolleyes:

Sadly, there is not enough intellectuals in the USA to make a majority. Seriously, what a people? Inbreeding? What the fcuk is it? The highly urbanized, economically sophisticated states, agreed that a change was needed. Not the southern, good ole boy, gun toting, fcukheads that typify the image the rest of the world sees as an American.

Hey, we got them in our country too. I just came back from Lloydminister. Pretty damn close in my opinion.

Sad day!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, but I do take issue w/anyone who says something to the extent of "How can those dumb Americans vote that guy back in?"

Well, how about the dumb Canadians that re-elected the Liberals and Paul Martin?

It's about voter confidence, not intellectualism. Kerry didn't do enough to sway the conservative over to his side. Not enough of them had confidence in him as a world leader.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a frustrating day :mad:

It's been said in the past that Bush should not be a reflection on how outsiders view the average American citizen but how can you now argue otherwise when over half the country decidely approve of Bush?

How can a country have 4 years to prepare and make sure there are no voting problems after 2000, knowing that there would be a huge increase in voter turnout, and end up not having enough 'voting machines' in some areas to make sure everyone gets to vote?!?!?! There was one report where a certain area had over 1000 registered voters but only 3 machines for them to vote at - it takes an average of 5 minutes per voter to cast a ballot... that's 36 voters per hour in total for the 3 machines... do the math... no wonder people were waiting up to 9 hours!

Disgusted,

~Regs.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Sadly, there is not enough intellectuals in the USA to make a majority. Seriously, what a people? Inbreeding? What the fcuk is it? The highly urbanized, economically sophisticated states, agreed that a change was needed. Not the southern, good ole boy, gun toting, fcukheads that typify the image the rest of the world sees as an American.

Ballbaby, the gun-toting ole boy guy in the states may be a bit stereotypical but apparently that is what the majority of American voters think like.
3.6 million more americans voted for Bush than Kerry so either Bush is doing something right in their opinion or he is better off than someone who was made to appear as if he flip-flops on issues as he sees fit. The Republicans won more seats in the senate and in the House of Representatives so it is obvious that people are trusting the Republicans than the Democrats. IT may be the war on Terror or it may be the tax cuts that the republicans have offered up and will conitinue to offer up. I guess the Democrats made a mistake in making Kerry their man against Bush beacuse even though he won one more state than Gore did he is going to get less of the percantage of the popular vote than the inventer of the Internet.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I agree, but I do take issue w/anyone who says something to the extent of "How can those dumb Americans vote that guy back in?"

Well, how about the dumb Canadians that re-elected the Liberals and Paul Martin?

It's about voter confidence, not intellectualism. Kerry didn't do enough to sway the conservative over to his side. Not enough of them had confidence in him as a world leader.

Voter confidence? Come on. That country needed a change! You could put Kermit the Frog as the leader of the Democrats and still be smart enough to realize that a change was necessary. They are too stupid, or ignorant, (just the way the Govt. wants them and keeps them) to realize this. To make someone confident enough to vote for another leader is assuming they truly understand the issues and what is at stake. The smarter people realize this. The dumb ones do not.

I am pissed. I'm going to Bellingham to take a shite at Bellis Fair and miss the toilet. And yes, I fancy myself an intellectual. :rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, in the defense of the people who ran the elections, the polls stayed open late if people were still waiting to vote when they were supposed to close. The real problem in the US election system is that it is run on a state by state basis or even county by county in some states. It is not run by one department like Elections Canada. I'm quite happy i won't have to hear about hanging chads and the like this time as the vote isn't as close as it was last time.

Let's not forget everyone that the average American could give a flying fcuk what the rest of the world thinks about them. As far as they're concerned they are the greatest country and place on earth. I'm going to California sometime in the next month and can't wait to talk to my relatives and friends down in Mission viejo what they think about this.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:

Please tell me you are not comparing President Bush to Paul Martin?
What is our alternative in Canada? The racist, redneck conservatives? Or the Bloc? There is no comparison, and by the way, under the Liberal's. Canada has had the best economic performance out of all the G7 nations.

Yeah, we Canadians were dumb for re-electing Paul Martin.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confidence is everything when voting for a leader. I certainly wouldn't vote for someone who i think may not make a decision and stick with it and that is the way the Republicans have been able to make Kerry look. He voted for something( i don't remember what) as a member of Congress and then voted against it when it came back again. The Republicans hammered down on that point which makes bush look good i nthe sense that if he makes a decision he sticks with it.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
What is our alternative in Canada? The racist, redneck conservatives? Or the Bloc?
The Marijuana Party????

Canada is different than the states in the sense that you can win the election by winning 65% of one province and one City it is basically enough to carry the rest of the country due to the population density of Ontario and basically Montreal.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All you heard bout this campaign was the war on terror... fine there is a problem... Bush's main concern is the war on terrorism well not really but that's what he was trying to make the american people believe... So u would think that places that are more likely to be hit with terrorism(new york, jersey, california, etc..) would vote for Bush... Not so... I don't htink one state that would likely be hit voted for Bush... If the people that got hit the hardest and are more likely (hoepfully not) get hit again are wanting a change... Why are these freaking morons in the middle not see this.

It's nice to see i actually visit only the intellectual states and that know how to vote. :rolleyes:

What a shock in florida though... After last election i thought it would be closer than that...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As was mentioned earlier, the whole U.S. voting process is fcuked because there's no single adminstrative body that controls it. As this quote shows, individual counties can do whatever they feel like. There is not one single ounce of accountability.
From Ted Rubenstein, CNN Producer, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

In a very small county, I asked a lady how many provisional ballots that they'd printed up. She said "None."

I said, "Really?"

She said that this is a small county and everybody knows everybody here. It would be impossible to register to vote and have somebody not know it.
Further:
From Dan Lothian, CNN Boston Bureau Chief, in Columbus, Ohio

Even at this hour, people in Knox County are still voting. At Kenyon College some people stood in line for up to seven hours.
Unbelievable.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0