Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Election Night Bush vs Kerry....

Will you be watching tonights US Election Coverage???

• Total voters

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balls,

With all due respect for your opinion that fully 1/2 of Americans are dumber than the average Canadian...

The election is absolutely about voter confidence. Bush's #1 platform is the "War on Terrorism". Take away any of the facts about how successful he has actually been in this cause, and take away how unproductive the American occupation of Iraq is turning out to be. He won votes because he has the majority of the voting public nervous about world events- namely the terrorism threat- and has them convinced he's the man to meet the threat head-on. Security. We have the advantage of viewing their situation from a safe and objectionable distance. That said, and I tell you what now, if buildings in Vancouver were brought down by terrorists, I'd be voting for the guy who'd vowed to increase security and defense spending. And you know what? A hell of a lot of other otherwise intellectual and objectionably thinking Canadians would too.

I'm not saying it's good, or right that Bush got voted in, just pointing out why.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Balls,

With all due respect for your opinion that fully 1/2 of Americans are dumber than the average Canadian...

The election is absolutely about voter confidence. Bush's #1 platform is the "War on Terrorism". Take away any of the facts about how successful he has actually been in this cause, and take away how unproductive the American occupation of Iraq is turning out to be. He won votes because he has the majority of the voting public nervous about world events- namely the terrorism threat- and has them convinced he's the man to meet the threat head-on. Security. We have the advantage of viewing their situation from a safe and objectionable distance. That said, and I tell you what now, if buildings in Vancouver were brought down by terrorists, I'd be voting for the guy who'd vowed to increase security and defense spending. And you know what? A hell of a lot of other otherwise intellectual and objectionably thinking Canadians would too.

I'm not saying it's good, or right that Bush got voted in, just pointing out why.

Absolutely agreed with most of your points but interestingly enough, the highly urbanized areas of the USA voted for Kerry. The viewpoint there must have been that the solution to these perceived terrorist threats is to alter a plan in foriegn policy by voting for a person who represented something different than what the world has consistently seen in the last several years, and in the early nineties. These highly urbanized areas are the ones who suffered from these external terrorist attacks. They have the vested interest. These people were sophisticated enough to realize this.

You can't argue the intelligence factor. People are educated on many fronts. The farther south you go, the dumber they get. Call it ignorance.

Anyway, voter confidence, intellectualism, exposure to education, whatever, they are all inter-twined. You cannot seperate them. I am intrigued that the highly economically, urbanized areas, like New York, voted Kerry and the Mid- West, southern states voted Bush. Dude, your theory suggests they should have voted for the man who will aspire to protect them through his continued views on foreign policy. They did not.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is an excellentsummation on the demographics. The church going non-college degree women cost the Democrats the vote. Sad! :mad:

By Ronald Brownstein Times Staff Writer

After four turbulent and tumultuous years, President Bush (news - web sites) expanded his support but still divided the country along many of the same lines as in his narrow and disputed victory in 2000, exit polls of voters found Tuesday night.

AP - Wed Nov 3, 1:37 PM ET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Election Coverage

With the final result in Ohio on hold until officials counted large numbers of provisional ballots, Bush stood on the brink of victory over Democrat Sen. John F. Kerry (news, bio, voting record) in another photo-finish election that sharpened the cultural divides that have increasingly defined American politics over the last generation.

With Republicans maintaining control of both chambers of Congress, Bush could be in position to aggressively press his agenda if the final states fall his way.

Whichever way the race tilts in the end, the result in the presidential race appears to have changed remarkably little from the historically narrow split in 2000. When all the votes are counted, it appears possible that as few as three or four states may switch from one party to the other since the last election.

Once again the electoral map was starkly separated into red and blue, with Bush dominating the South, the Great Plains and the mountain West and Kerry, like Al Gore (news - web sites) in 2000, romping through the Northeast and the Pacific coast. The Midwest remained the most contested, with Kerry clinging to a narrow lead in Wisconsin and Bush slightly ahead in Iowa. The president was holding a larger lead in Ohio — but one that Democrats said could still be reversed by provisional ballots yet to be counted. The race underscored the strength of the regional and cultural divisions shaping modern American politics. After losing the popular vote in 2000, Bush appeared certain to win it this time, and likely to become the first president since 1988 to cross the 50% vote threshold.

But exit polls gauging voter sentiment showed that though he continued to enjoy overwhelming support from his conservative base, he had made only limited progress at expanding his reach among voters beyond it.

Just as in 2000, Bush on Tuesday mobilized a massive coalition of culturally conservative Americans, centered on married families, rural voters, and people who own guns or attend church regularly, according to a nationwide Times exit poll of voters leaving polling places.

On all of these fronts, according to the national Times exit poll, and surveys in the three largest battleground states by the National Election Pool, Kerry's coalition represented the mirror image of Bush's: He ran best among singles, urban voters and those who don't own guns or attend church regularly. Kerry also received a big boost from first-time voters, most of them young people, who tilted sharply in his direction, the Times Poll found.

Since 2000, Bush made gains among some groups — particularly Latinos and women without a college education. But the survey showed he lost ground among college-educated voters and young people. As those groups shifted sides, the country appeared to sort along cultural lines even more consistently than it did in the last election.

The Times Exit Poll, supervised by polling director Susan Pinkus, interviewed 5,154 voters nationwide as they left 136 precincts. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

The exit polls conducted by Edison/Mitofsky for the National Election Pool surveyed 1,963 voters in Ohio, 1,258 in Pennsylvania and 2,846 in Florida. It has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points in each state.

The two coalitions displayed starkly diverging priorities. In the Times exit poll, more than half of Bush's voters cited moral issues as a principal reason for their support — more than any other issue, including even terrorism. By contrast, nearly half of Kerry voters named the economy as their top concern — nearly double the number that picked moral issues.

The National Election Pool's exit polls in Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio, the three most hotly contested battlegrounds, recorded a similar pattern. In Ohio, more Bush voters picked moral values as their top concern than any other issue; in Florida and Pennsylvania, it ranked second only to terrorism. In all three states, the economy ranked as the top concern for Kerry voters, followed by the war in Iraq (news - web sites).

After a campaign in which Bush unwaveringly stressed his resolve, his supporters in both the national and battleground state polls, not surprisingly, picked strong leadership as the personal quality that mattered most in their decision.

In the national poll, more than half of Bush supporters cited leadership and picked honesty and values as the next most important choices.

In the state surveys, those qualities figured prominently as well, along with one other: between one-eighth and nearly one-fifth of Bush supporters in the big three states cited his religious faith as an important reason for their support.

Strikingly, Kerry's supporters were more indifferent in picking the personal qualities important in their decision. Kerry backers did not cite any single attribute nearly as often as Bush supporters picked leadership.

In the national survey, the most common trait that Kerry supporters praised was his empathy, a traditional Democratic advantage; but only about one-fourth of them picked that.

In contrast to the Bush supporters' focus on personal qualities, the next most common response among Kerry backers was the belief that he could increase respect for America around the world.

The state surveys told a similar story. Asked what personal quality of Kerry's they most admired, nearly half of his supporters in all three big battlegrounds said it was his perceived ability to bring change — a response that focused more on his policy ideas than his individual characteristics.

Those numbers hint at another striking finding in the surveys. More than 80% of Bush voters in the national survey described their vote as a vote for the president; only about one in six said they had backed the president to make a statement against Kerry.

But only a slight majority of Kerry voters said they made their decision primarily because they liked him; nearly half said it was motivated by opposition to Bush. The contrast was similar, if not quite as pronounced, in the three big state surveys.

Faith in Bush's personal qualities appeared to help him recover from verdicts on his policy decisions that were equivocal at best, the surveys found. In the national poll, voters split about in half on Bush's performance as president.

A majority said they did not believe the situation in Iraq justified the war; most said they believed the country was not better off because of Bush's policies and needed to move in a new direction. More said they believed his policies had hurt, rather than helped, the economy.

These judgments hurt Bush among swing voters, the survey found. Four years ago, Bush carried independents in the Times exit survey; but this time they gave Kerry a slight edge in the survey. Likewise, Kerry led with voters who considered themselves moderates.

But Kerry could not crack Bush's strongholds, both demographically and geographically.

With his win in Florida, the president captured every state of the old Confederacy plus Oklahoma and Kentucky for the second consecutive election; those 13 states gave him 62% of the electoral college votes he needs for victory. Indeed, Bush's strength helped power Republican Senate victories in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia that ensured the GOP's continued control of the upper chamber.

Bush remained extremely strong with the same culturally conservative groups that made up the core of his coalition in 2000.

In the national Times survey, he won nearly three-fifths of rural voters and married voters, and slightly more than three-fifths of gun owners. Kerry, conversely, ran up big margins with singles, urban voters, and those who didn't own guns.

Most strikingly, just as in 2000, church attendance proved a far better predictor of the vote than income.

Kerry ran well among voters earning less than $40,000 annually. But after that, voters' preference didn't change much as their income rose: Kerry and Bush ran about even among voters earning more than $100,000 annually.

By sharp contrast, Bush won nearly two-thirds of voters who attended church once a week or more; those who attended church less often, or never, gave Kerry about three-fifths of their vote. Among white voters who attended church at least once a week, Bush won more than 70% of the vote.

If Bush benefited from mobilizing his socially conservative base, Kerry was boosted by a big turnout among the new voters his campaign targeted. About one in nine of those who cast ballots were new voters, and they gave Kerry a solid majority.

These first-time voters were much more negative than the electorate overall on the country's direction — and, the Times Poll found, much more eager than all voters to reverse Bush's policy direction.

Most of those new voters were people ages 18 to 29; their share of the electorate increased from just under one in six last time, to just over one in five in 2004.

And though young voters have usually divided in presidential races in numbers similar to the nation overall, this time they broke much more sharply for Kerry than older voters.

Some other familiar divides in the electorate were less pronounced.

The gender gap between men and women was modest both in the national Times survey and in the big three battleground state exit polls. The Times Poll found that Bush succeeded at one of his strategists' top goals during the past four years, to increase his vote among Latinos.

One of the most intriguing trends was the increased tendency of voters to divide along cultural rather than economic lines.

Kerry improved on Gore's showing from 2000 among voters with a college education; and even though Kerry stressed themes of middle class economic populism, Bush carried a majority of voters without college degrees, the survey found.

Relative to 2000, Bush's gains were especially pronounced among married women without college degrees, who have been receptive both to his peace through strength and conservative social messages.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Increasing spending on defence is a waste of money in the battle against terrorism. If a terrorist wants to hit, they can do it, and no amounts of spending will prevent that. The only way to prevent terrorism, or attempt to, is by examining your foreign policy and looking at what you are doing as a country that is pissing people off so much. The US is a country that has bred the very hate it now faces. It has overthrown governments, and replaced them with dictators, yet makes the claim that it is a democracy. How can a country whom elected there President based on a court decision, be considered a democracy? Ask that to the thousands of blacks in Florida whom were denied a right to vote. 10 to 15 years from now when those innocent children in Iraq whom lost there family members to the US invasion become "terrorists", the ignorant American public will be asking why. The funniest thing that I find about Americans is that they think that these terrorists just woke up one day, and decided to attack the US because they don't like democracy. Ignorance is bliss.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Fcuk Luc,

I'd watch your back, you're now on the list.

:D

You would think so wouldn't you Blaze.

But the Americans couldn't detect the terrorists that were taking flight training in the great USofA, these same terrorists had no interest in learning how to land the plane, but no one took notice of that, that is just an everyday thing.
I may be on the list now, if I am not allready.

hos

I do have this Picture, I might be OK now.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos, you might be correct but Luc is exactly the person they would haVE on their list while Bisama On-Laden flying in to the States with a large heavy bag full of electronics would be missed. I went to Seattle last weekend to drop off a package and they didn't check me at the border. Last night on my way to Point Roberts i got completely searched. Now i myself would have checked me going to Seattle, at least taken a look as told the border guard " Going to seattle to drop something off". That would pique the interest if i was working the border. Last night i answered, GOing to TJ's for a beer and play pool is obviously a threatening statement.:D

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Kerry Concedes to Bush This Morning!! Looks like Kerry has had enough. I still believe there are 100000 missing ballots in OHIO which they will find in kerry's favour and making him the winner.... :rolleyes: I can't believe how many freaking retards voted for that freaking retard last nite... Atleast Michael moore may be able to make a triology of farenheit 9/11 movies!!! Fcku do i hate bush!!! well George W. Bush that is!!! and his father George and brother Jed, and .... :mad:
Amen Brother!!!

What a freaking gong show! I can't believe that that nut case won!?! The whole world is now officially FCUKED! What a bunch of psychos down there...I still can't believe it. The worst thing about not being American is that I couldn't vote, or try to do something to get that nut case out of the White House...and the best thing about not being American, is NOT being American.

Fcuked!!!

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that having Bush in power down there actually benifits Canada... as bad as it is for the rest of the world (people Bush wants to annex), they say it actually benifits our ecconomy to have Joe Idiot running the show down there. As much as Bush Jr. is a doof, Kerry really would be no better for "US". As for all the people who die for no apparent reason... that remains to be seen. If nothing else it keeps comedians busy and gives the rest of the world a common enemy... someone we can all hate together :)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a list of states that were mostly affected by 9/11.

New York Bush 40% Kerry 58%

New Jersey Bush 46% Kerry 53%

Pennsylvania Bush 49% Kerry 51%

Washington, D.C. Bush 9% Kerry 90%

Now the only other state that should be worried bout terroism i believe is California, and they also voted Kerry.

So it just tells you what the rest of the country really knew about George W. and that he is a TWAT! fckuer's gonna make Diesel prices go up more now probably... :mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff,

The "us" mentality is exactly why/how the American people elected Bush to another term. Most posting in here are looking at the bigger picture.

Nothing good can come out of it. If anyone thought the Bush administration was an arrogant, self-centered bunch before, you haven't seen nothin' yet!

There is no hope for global stabilization for at least another 4 years :mad:

~Regs.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note, don't forget that only 60% of possible voters voted. about 120 million, i believe the US has approx 294 million people in it.

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loving it. Most of the people writing in just don’t get it. The democrats are all about big government and higher taxes. No one with any business sense votes for them. Unless you work in a union or work for the government or are a total loser looking for free hand outs (10 people watch one person works) (case in point Washington State biggest employer is the state, state goes to Kerry) there just is no reason to vote for the kids who lost at dodge ball in school. They are the party of entitlements. We will give you this, this, and this; and by the way you are also a victim. You are not responsible for yourself not having a job or that you sit and smoke dope on the couch all day; that is the governments fault because there just is no opportunity out there. We have 10,000 Mexicans a day running into this country for an opportunity at the dream. There is no job shortage in this country there is an effort shortage by all the so called victims. Many people hate Bush for his faith in God. As many other countries turn away from God Americans keep God close and many vote on moral issues which the democrats have no platform. Call the middle of the U.S. dumb if that’s what makes things easier but the bottom line is hard work, Morals, and keeping God in American life is very important to us. I find it interesting that Canada lets the movie fake hype 911 come into the country for viewing but will not let fox news the #1 news station in the U.S. be broadcast there. Why?

I voted for Bush

Small business owner
College graduate from WWU and SFU
Belief in God
Family Man and Community helper

Let me know where I went wrong and why I need the government to do things for me that I can do for myself?

Cheers,

Smiles

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Smiles, are you saying that those whom have graduated from University would vote Bush?

Here is my profile:

Business Degree and Political Science Degree from SFU.
One year away from obtaining my CA, which in case you didn't know, is one of the leading Business consultant groups in Canada. Thus, I do think I have some business sense, and I would not vote for Bush if I was an American.

Thus, I deal with big business every day. This does not effect my ability to reason that George Bush is and will continue to be a negative influence on human society and human history.

Having also done my Political Science degree just for sheer knowledge,my eyes were opened to what occurs in the US, and around the world. Everyone in entitled to a poltical opinion. However, please base those opinions on facts, and not on what you see in the news, or see in the movies. Research about what our neighbours to the south have been doing to people and countries around the world. I have, and my knowledge never came out of a newspaper. Thus, what I discuss is not opinion, but fact.

Your post hits the heart of what most Americans care about, money. Only the strong survive, and let the weak fall. If you want to talk about the poor in your country having access to jobs, look no further systematic discrimination that is in place in the US. You think those mexicans jumping the border are coming and making excellent wages? They are there because the government needs them to do jobs that American citizens would not touch. Most work below minimum wage and the government is fully aware of this.

Remember, your leader is serving God, and God says let's start wars, let's get rich of the backs of the poor, let only the strong survive. Those are the morals that your leader strives for.

Every action has a reaction.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Morals?

From an outsider looking in, George W is the last person to be looked upon as a morality leader.

He misled the American public and if you argue he didn't, why hasn't there been any acknowledgement from the administration that they were mistaken about the WMD?

"You're either with us or against us"

Right...

~Regs.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one on here is talking about George Bush and the economy, they are posting to show there dissaproval of the way George Bush has effected global security. He has defied the UN, and started a unilateral war. You can have all the tax cuts in the world, you can have the best economy in the world under George Bush, but in the end none of that matters when you are living in a country where you are scared to walk to the mall, go to work, or get on an airplane. Is that worth the extra tax cuts George Bush proposes?
If so, my original argument is valid, that 50% of Americans put money before anything else, including World peace.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
However, please base those opinions on facts, and not on what you see in the news,

That's asking an awful lot Gurps from someone who just extolled the virtues of
FOX News.

Oh and by the way Smiles, the most powerful economy the world has ever seen occurred during the reign of Democrat Bill Clinton.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a day on TTP. Smiles, you are an exception to the rule.

George Bush's faith in God, to me, is a strategic alliance. It benefits him politically. Every president has had this relationship with God and would not be elected if they didn't have it. Meanwhile, behind closed doors they are sticking cigars in places they really don't belong. Yeah I know Clinton is a Democrat but they're all the same.

Personally, I would take a sex crazed maniac president who lies about fidelity, like most men other than me do, :confused: :eek: , than a man who is willing to compromise world peace and internal peace based on absolute fabrication.

Drew, you also wear purple kit. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0