Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Final: Germany v. Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carlos the keeper

I meant the Brazilian keeper - not Roberto Carlos, who was shite, and should be up for the ugliest player of this past WC.

Goal of the tourney goes to SEOL Ki Hyeon (no.9 on the right side of attack) of Korea against Italy - chested the cross (from the left flank) down, flicked the ball over the oncoming Italian defender with his right foot, and then blasted the ball into the roof of the net with his left foot. What a goal!!!!!!!!!! Can't remember who the defender was, but at that moment, he became the definition of a pylon. Anyone remember this goal?

Mehmet.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which one was Hong Myung Bo?

The quick one in the back with the black hair...;)

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seaman

Mehmet, ya bald tit, my comments with regard to Seaman were tongue in cheek, aka taking the piss....surprise surprise...that being said he only made one mistake just like Mr. Kahn who did have a good tourney on the whole. He (Kahn, that is) really didn't like the new balls at all though. I guess thats why he prefered to punch the fcuk out of them instead of just catching them.

Considering England had 2 or 3 plumbers playing for them and they were in the group of death, I think they did quite well on the whole. Had a plan, stuck with it and went out to the class of the tourney in what 'big Phil' said was their hardest game...

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mehmet

The Brazilian goalies name is Marcos not Carlos, but no big deal, sounds close enough.

Gaffa

Yes, England did have some plumbers in the team like you mentioned. But lets not foget Germany did too. First, Ballack didn't play in the finals (blame the fcuking Paraguians for that), and also they lost a couple of key players to injury before the tourny, with Woerns and Diesler(sp), and I might be missing some one else? With Ballack playing in the finals, I would have guranteed a German win, but Brazil did deserve the win also.

-Slav

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF???

Slav are you on mass amounts of roofies again???
With Ballack playing in the finals, I would have guranteed a German win
He is a brilliant player, but how the hell can he win the WC on his own??? Rinaldo was ripped off!!! Khan has an ugly mug!!! Golden Ball should have went to Batistuta!!!:rolleyes:

Going back to sleep, Guinness;)

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slav...

Considering we thumped Germany 5-1 in the qualifiers, for them to regroup, get through a play-off match up and then get to the final itself, is a great achievement, proving that one should never bet against them.

But really, have a look at the teams they had to play to get there. Thats not their fault, but at the end of the day they got an easy ride compared to most. In truth Ireland were the best side they played till the final...yes they had a few average players, Bode for one, but they played teams full of comparative plumbers most of the way...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
at the end of the day they got an easy ride compared to most.
Then how come teams like Italy or Spain didn't make to the final?

. . . and don't even try blaming it on the officiating.

The other missing Germans were Mehmet Scholl, Sebastian Deisler, Joerg Heinrich, Christian Woerns, Jens Nowotny -- all starters.

Just wait 'til '04.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hier Keeper

...cos Italy were shite and Spain did better than they've ever done before, pretty much.There are no easy games, don't get me wrong but Germany took advantage of an easier schedule. They played well and got to the final. Good on 'em. You can't tell me your mob didn't get a good draw all the way to the final. You mentioned the refereeing, not me.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

The other missing Germans were Mehmet Scholl, Sebastian Deisler, Joerg Heinrich, Christian Woerns, Jens Nowotny -- all starters.

Were all these guys starting in the qualifying stages or got hurt in the World Cup????

Gaffa

To Germany's defense,which team really had a tough time getting
to the final stages?

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop slagging the plumbers!

We all know that plumbers are a vital part of any World Cup team. And Germany has always had great ones. The greatest of them all was probably Guido Buchwald - I remember Ron Atkinson having a go at him during his commentary of the semi-final of '90 against England. Guido was certainly not of the same pedigree as Matthaeus/Littbarski/Voller/Klinnsmann, but he knew his role, had lots of mental toughness, and a week later ended up hoisting the World Cup. I would say that this WC's Buchwald for Germany was Thomas Linke.

Here's to the plumbers!!!

On another note, for the few days after England's win over Argentina, I finally decided to give Beckham the benefit of the doubt. I could finally see past his hairstyle of the month and give him the credit he deserves after:

1. Leading England to the 5-1 demolition of Germany in Munich
2. Dispatching Germany to the playoff against the Ukraine with his last minute free kick against Greece
3. Leading England to the win over Argentina

Then I watched him play against Brazil and changed my mind. Beckham's good, but not great - yet.

Jimmy, all of the guys you mentioned started in the qualifiers, except Scholl who's been injured for the last year. Makes you wonder.

Mehmet.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimbo...

None really, I guess.

Whilst I enjoyed the WC and all the upsets that went along with it, I couldn't help but feel there were too many shock results. Having one or two 'cinderella' teams always makes for a great tournament, but with so many minnows recording wins over the so called giants, it left the final stages a little bare when it came to some of the classic games that could have taken place. Brazil/England and Germany/Brazil were they only 2 marquee games of the knock out stage.

Is the rest of the world really catching up or did most of the top countries just fcuk it up. Maybe a bit of both...

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starters

Thanks mehmet

Jimmy, all of the guys you mentioned started in the qualifiers, except Scholl who's been injured for the last year. Makes you wonder.

Keeper

Please tell me why those so-called starters would of made a difference when they absolutely shite the bed in qualifying?

Gaffa

Maybe all the prima donnas that make a shite load of cash should wake up and start earning their value..........It seemed like alot of the players on the top teams didnt match the passion level of the underdogs!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not making excuses, but . . .

Now we know why Kahn had trouble holding on to Rivaldo's shot.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thankfully, German doctors were able to reconstruct his fingers so he could enjoy a refreshment among friends.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk about a tough audience....

First of all, the nipples on the Brazilian bird are absolutely PERFECT. Fcuking perfect.

Talk about the Brazilian fans being tough with high demands....

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (AP) -- Fans threw rocks at a bus carrying members of Brazil's World Cup championship team Wednesday after the players cut short a victory parade. ADVERTISEMENT

The tour celebrating Brazil's unprecedented fifth World Cup was hours behind schedule when players decided to return to the airport at around 2:00 a.m. in Botafogo, one beach short of the parade's final destination of Copacabana.

The decision left thousands of fans who had been waiting for as long as 11 hours disappointed and angry.

Coach Luiz Felipe Scolari and team captain Cafu explained to the fans that the players were tired.

But after the players stepped off the trucks they had been on and boarded a bus back to the airport, angry fans pelted it with rocks, breaking three windows, police said.

Many of the star players, including Rivaldo and Ronaldino, had abandoned the celebrations at Rio's Antonio Carlos Jobim airport, choosing instead to fly home after more than 30 hours in transit from Japan and an award ceremony at the presidential palace in Brasilia.

The parade was originally supposed arrive in Rio de Janeiro at around 3:00 p.m., but celebrations involving half a million people in Brasilia, the nation's capital, delayed the team, which arrived in Rio at approximately 7:00 p.m.

Two hours later, the team left the airport atop three trucks accompanied by samba singer Zeca Pagodinho.

Fans lining the parade route since early afternoon slowed the parade's progress to a mere crawl.

By the time the team got to Sao Paulo, at around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday, only team members Beletti, Cafu, Denilson, Juninho Paulista, Kaka, Marcos, Ricardinho and Roberto Carlos remained out of the 23 players who traveled to Korea and Japan.

The players arrived at Sao Paulo's Sambadrome stadium at about 6:30 a.m where they paraded for about 30 minutes in front of a few die-hard fans.

I fcuking love those nipples and Bristol Cities. The helmut is tre-men-dous too.....

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0