Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars Fraser Valley All Stars vs Van Whitecaps

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:
I'm not complaining - why would I? We have won the last two semi final games we've played at the Langley turf.

I have come to realize that you are right and I am wrong...Langley should get the Semi finals. That way the final can be played out in PA on the better pitch.

Semi-finals = bride's maid?

What are you on about? The Pak or the TOPIC at hand- the Whitecap's exhibition?

Pak: yes, grass.

Exhibition game: stadium.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello boys.

I know that many of you have the usual questions so once again i will do my best to answer you the best i can.

Q- Why are we playing Mar 27 th so close to the Pak Cup?

A- This is the only time of the year the Caps play these games.The Van Metro All Stars play them on April 12th. That is one week away from the provincials. (Take your pick but i like our time)

Q- Who else are we going to play

A- We are in the works with setting up a game with the Vancouver All Stars and we just talked to the Island.Other possible games are against the Okanagan Challenge team up in Kelowna.

Q-Where will we play these games?

A- For me i take the path of least resistance. I have Newton Park and the changerooms and the upstairs clubhouse.
Would i go out to Chilliwack, Langley or South Surrey? Yes!
I really just dont have the time to look into permits and search out other peoples parks and field times.
If teams or clubs step up and offer up some time to train and play games? Great!

Q- How do players get selected?

A- I have the coaches nominate five players from their team.
I then also talk to all of the coaches about the other players from the various teams.
From there i take our coaching staff and select our squad.

Myself and a few others have been out watching all the teams this year and making sure all the players get seen.

You may do things differently but for me this is the best way.

I can't wait for the VMSL vs FVSL tilt!

Langley would be a nice venue for that one.;)

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Do we make mistakes? Yes. Are we doing the best we can to be fair and pick the best players. You bet ya!

Good luck to all of you, either way i know the team will be on fire!

MilesLong

Sep 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank-you for the extra information, I hope it cleared people expectations of the teams selections. Have you ever considered letting the top “poster” in the FVSL forums decide who is on the all star team OR at least one participant on the team? It would possibly lead to an interesting team or pick.

Are some of the Master’s participating in the whitecaps game this year as they did last year?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you ever considered letting the top “poster” in the FVSL forums decide who is on the all star team OR at least one participant on the team?

You don't want that.

The top poster will either be KNVB- who as a cruel joke would select me- or me.

If it were me, I'd select coach.

Either way, that team would be in trouble.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ive been waiting by my phone for about 2weeks now. I still haven't got a phone call for my selection. Does the coach have the right number? :cool:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year they just sent out emails Kokanee? I'll post mine.

Dear Girth , It is with great honor that we ask if we can borrow your amazing talents giving to you by god on our FVSL Allstar Team? We have watched you dominate almost every game you've ever played in as a young forward and now in your later years as a keeper and found it appropriate to finally display your talents to the highest level possible. Please email us back with a response as we beg you for your services on the pitch.

Signed , Fraser Valley Allstar Commitee

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
This year they just sent out emails Kokanee? I'll post mine.

Dear Girth , It is with great honor that we ask if we can borrow your amazing talents giving to you by god on our FVSL Allstar Team? We have watched you dominate almost every game you've ever played in as a young forward and now in your later years as a keeper and found it appropriate to finally display your talents to the highest level possible. Please email us back with a response as we beg you for your services on the pitch.

Signed , Fraser Valley Allstar Commitee

And I thought I might have been the only Div 2 player to play on the all star team:mad: ;)

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know what the protocal has been for the selection of this team in the past...do Div. 1 player ever get selected to the team. If so Spence Schmut, from our Abby team has had a cracker of a season, probably scored 25 goals. Im sure there is alot of talent through out the league, but he is a classy player with alot of pace.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selection- from what I understand- will be pretty much limited to Premier players, possibly one or two Masters Rangers (Ian McLean for sure).

My thought on the young Abby player is this: although he may be all you say, he has been lighting it up against a watered down 1st division. Next year you'll be up in Prem, and if he's as good as you say, he'll turn heads, and get his shot playing for the all-star team.

Last year Murray Howes was selected, but w/ the BRM move to the VMSL, he's not eligible. Neither is Regs and his move.

Regretfully, I have to remove my name and magic left peg from the eligibility list. It's more the principal of the matter than anything...I don't think us div. 1 players should be taking away spots from the premier players.

Coach, I hope you understand.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
that left peg and your melon have more magical own goals than anyone else in the history of Langley soccer...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Selection- from what I understand- will be much of the Masters Rangers (Ian McLean for sure).

Coach

From what I have heard from the Newton changerooms, it may be all of the Mighty Rangers, the team list wont be released until right before game time, so that the Whitecaps brass can't scout the team this friday night vs. Sap. Old Boys.

Great move by Coach, the team is 14-1-1, and ready to roll into the B.C.'s and take out that BMR team.

Should be even more of a cracker than the PAU vs. Poco Pac Cup game that is on the weekend after this match.

hos

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ran into the All Star Brass last night....Saw the clip board with many notables on there.

I wont spoil the fun, but a few picks were Shocking :eek:

I guess that leaves it open for more of a debate.

I did volunteer my services as the "injured" player....it was noted.

Should be a good time at Newton....

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'd probably represent better than your premier team! :rolleyes:

BTW, anyone know where that trollup millsy is these days?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy is playing 0-35's in Mission and has a child or two? I haven't seen him in a while...I wonder if he's gotten fatter?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy Cowboys.............

The team has been picked and we are just confirming that the players we picked will be available for the game and training.

I must say the team looks good and there are many first time All Stars on the team this year.

Aaron Williams and Mike Wagner will be part of this years coaching staff.

Larry Warcup is back as the team MGR and that is good news for the squad.

I will get the full lineup out to you as soon as all the players have been confirmed. (Most likely by tomorrow night)

A few surprises.........................Yes!!!!

Things are good and hopefully we can really play some nice stuff on the field again this year.

Thanks for the intrest boys and sorry for the delay.

We are just trying to pick the propper players that will make the team a success.

Cheers...........

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts