Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars Fraser Valley All Stars vs Van Whitecaps

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So names "were" put forward on this side of the river but they still were not included...hmmm
Someones lying

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mastermind said:
Now I play for one of the bottom Masters teams, but I would gaurantee that the top two or three in our division would challenge and/or beat any Premier team in the league. I for one don't think that an all Premier All Star Team has enough depth to challenge the B team of the Caps "without some key players outside of Premier. Most Masters players are ex Premier anyway, just nicely seasoned.
Thats just my opinion and all due respect to the team that was chosen.:D
That could be said for every division.
The top Div 2 could compete with the Div 1 Teams....see Abby Mariners
The top Div 1 team could compete with the Premier teams ...See Alderhole
And I agree The 'Gers Old guys could compete with some Premier teams....but, I personally dont think they would beat PAU or Chilly.

There are GREAT players in all divisions....didnt Carlo Corrazin play div 2 last year? You dont think he would give the All Star team some "experience"....

If you are not pplaying Premier, you shouldnt be selected.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say we string Coach up by his left nut and throw stones. No, wait, hang him by his right nut and throw glass bottles. Yes, that's it. That will teach the bastard for volunteering his time.

It's sad... All this negative bollox on which and how guys were picked sure must suck the life and subsequently desire to continue on with great bonus programs like this from the guys volunteering to head it up.

Three years ago no one could give a rat ass that there wasn't a team, now it seems everyone thinks they know how to run it better...

Kenno you would have saved a shite load of headache if you called this Kenno's Rangers 'C'. That way you could have invited anyone you bloody pleased to play and not had to form a United Nations to defend it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Kenno started a SFC Allstar team, would Peg players be on it?

I bet he wouldn't... no nuts left after this go-around :D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I say we string Coach up by his left nut and throw stones. No, wait, hang him by his right nut and throw glass bottles. Yes, that's it. That will teach the bastard for volunteering his time.

It's sad... All this negative bollox on which and how guys were picked sure must suck the life and subsequently desire to continue on with great bonus programs like this from the guys volunteering to head it up.

Three years ago no one could give a rat ass that there wasn't a team, now it seems everyone thinks they know how to run it better...

Kenno you would have saved a shite load of headache if you called this Kenno's Rangers 'C'. That way you could have invited anyone you bloody pleased to play and not had to form a United Nations to defend it.

You know, Beaker... that is a hell of a post. Well said. Good luck in Game 2 fellas.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a masters and div 1 allstar team is not that bad an idea

Coach would you be interested?? ;)

Pretty much everything has been said that could be said. It is a thankless job and it isn't often that the Coaches or Managers of any squad get a pat on the back. Kenno and the rest of the staff and team deserve respect for the effort on and off the field.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A div. 1 and Masters All-Star team is a terrible idea. Why are we playing Div. 1 or Masters? Because we're either not good enough, no longer good enough, or don't have the drive to play premier full time. None of those qualities yell out "All Star".

That being said, after seeing Baily play in last year's game, I was fully on board. There are room for the obvious exceptions.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A div. 1 and Masters All-Star team is a terrible idea.

I dont think so.

It is a great way to recognize the play of the players.

I woulod agree that there would be no need for a program...or to play any games. Leave that up to the premier teams.

But an All Star team list of eleven players would be nice for all divisions.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT BASHING COACH, I SAID IT LAST YEAR TOO, THE ALL STAR TEAM SHOULD BE STRICTLY PREMIER PLAYERS

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I believe word probably spread quickly from last years game through the Poco squad anyways.
There was a particular player that was asked to play on the All-Star squad last year, that participated in all pre-Whitecap-game practices etc, but when game time came he saw none of the field. Really was disappointed by it and i imagine he wouldn't have promoted the selection to anyone after that experience.
Possibly why the coach said no.

Then the Poco player(s) dont have much class, Rob Turre had the same experience last year when he was chosen. He attended all the pre whitecap festivities but when the game came around he didnt play a minute. He was obviously a little disappointed, but was still pleased with his selection.
However, this year when he was chosen he didn't just play he actually started. Would I start him in a allstar game, probably not, would I start him on a premier team, probably not, shows how everyone has different opinions, oh and not to mention Rob is one of my best friends. This shows his character by just being there and supporting the team and the coaching staff having faith with his ability.

We all have different opinions, I think the best choices are the ones where the coaches know they can rely on the players to be there for the team and represent the character of the valley. Each team/player can say they have a teammate as an allstar, maybe the most skilled on the team, maybe the most hardworking, or just maybe the vocal leader. It's a tough job to combine all those things and form 16 or so guys and brand them as allstars. Good job by the coach and everyone else to try and do that difficult job.

On a side note, Im going on my 10th season in Premier, how can I get on the allstar team, without having any skill or class?

Bitter Sweet,

Kokanee

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Disclaimer: I AM NOT BASHING COACH, I SAID IT LAST YEAR TOO, THE ALL STAR TEAM SHOULD BE STRICTLY PREMIER PLAYERS

Should there also be a certain amount of games played also, word on the street, well the Nation changeroom, is that the starting keeper for the FVSL all-star team, only played 4 or 5 games all year, and lost most of them. Why would the Wack coaching staff send a keeper that hardly played.

Disclaimer: I am not bashing coach, but I think the All-star team should be the best players from all of the FVSL, from Masters to Div. 3, put your best players on the pitch, that play more than 4 games.

hos

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
And I agree The 'Gers Old guys could compete with some Premier teams....but, I personally dont think they would beat PAU or Chilly.

Agreed and more so with the rest of Premier.
The pace, in general, would kill us.
I think we know where we're at.
As much as I think we have a few players that could compete, as a team, I don't think so lads.
Christ, when I watch the young Rangers sometimes, my thoughts are they could hump us.
But, you'll never get me to admit that publicly.
Ah fcuk...:D

Everyone should be like Ravi when they get selected.
I think most guys are.
In or out, a smile on his face and grateful he got the nod and was able to be part of it.

Guinness:
My public apologies man. :eek:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:

Sorry I missed this...as I usually do with your takes, I just scroll past them ;)

I dont think anyone is questioning Coach's (and his executives) program or how they run it....

Everyone does have an opinion regarding the selections. Human Nature unfortuneatley....and I know Coach and CO. fully expected everyone to add their two cents regarding the team.

NO OLD FARTS,
Z

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are pictures on the bcsoccerweb site...

and errrr here too, obviously.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 144

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont recognize a soul... except for the skinny brown guy in the background of the first photo. but he is a prick anyways.

can someone tell me who is in each pic?

thanks

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't recognize anyone either but then again I do live on this side of the water so...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still love you Coach. Except for when you're wearing one of those ugly shirts, then i don't konw you at all.

;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts