Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free Agent Frenzy!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes maybe Bomister but it will take a player or two and a second round draft.Go slow guy, he will get a guy or two.Bernier will be ok addition if we get him.
Look at it from the posative side.Luango the best.Edler and Ohland very good.Twins and Mason Redman best skill in the west.Third line better than any club in our group.Hordichuk to take guys on.Second line needs a guy,Like Cole but he is gone he has to look for next best guy.If Payett does not get moved you will see Kyle Weldwood Payett and a new guy on that line.Dordichuk will get few shifts each night on that line.
Fourth line is where things get tough.You have Johnson Pettinger,Shanon,Borduc,Dodgson,Bernier.It does not look that bad.Hodgson will slowley move up the scale to posably second line.
Cerolina is looking for a D,Bieksa would fit.It depends what will they try to give back.They have few big boys good in the corners that could chip in twenty goals a year or more.Do not forget Hansen can hold his own on a fouth line.Dordichuk alone will not cut it as a togh guy.We need one more.McIver will do the dirty work no problem to help Hordichuk .The club is not that far off, if he grabs Castello from Phinex and one of the big brothers we will do fine.Club is getting Younger that is OK.Gillis made a mistake giving Sandin ten mil.All head to do was give Nasland four and make Burrows capitan Kesler as A and Mitchell as A. And you will see huge forward movment.Forget old horses they are good only for one year.Use Pens as a model.Twins are dam good players and will only get better.Mason has to be given way more playing time on a top line,he can do it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody is this bad, seriously.

Mr. Base - please stop it. If you are not doing it on purpose, I'm sorry, but TTP is for grown-ups who can at least spell at a grade 8 level minimum.

Post gibberish like the above again and you'll get a permanent TTP time-out.

Sound good?

Great!

:rolleyes:

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I cant figure it out as well. I consider myself a below average intellect, but good god damn I really can't figure out if base is for real or not, the sad part is, I'm all in for him just being him. With Sid long gone .....I really don't think you should ban this guy. We need a guy like him.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn rights we do! You will end up in the paper if you ban a mentally challenged individual. Look what happened to Luc???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I remember correctly, banning LVL gave him the kick in the arse that he needed... I believe he went on to invent the Internet.

Maybe Mr Base could 'invent' the standard tablecloth design?

:D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Regs Mr Base can do many things.He is the best in patch development do't you know.
You must be thinking of chubby Watcher,he likes to invent and night colect.
You must be thinking of Yomama,he is the inventer.Burrow baby as a Capitan.Please do't talk about plumbers getting a capitan shirt.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's about simple grammar here. Just make your shite easy to read. Spaces after commas and periods. At least attempt to get the right spelling. Breaks in paragraphs. Little things.

Reading your stuff really does make the head hurt.

As for Burrows...on what Bizzaro world is this guy NOT a plumber? He is the deffinition of one.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm torn on the Bertuzzi thing...He signed a 1 year deal at cheap money.

If his "mix with the guys in the room" was of concern, it shouldn't be any longer.

Gone are Linden, Naslund, Morrison (for now anyways), Crawford, Nonis.

Core guys that remain are Ohlund, Salo, and the Sedins, that's about it.

There is going to be a new Captain, and leadership group starting this year.
Adding Ryan Walter to the mix, Leadership issues would be a worry.

Jarome Iginla, who is a stand-up guy personally endorsed him to Sutter...

I am not getting all sentimental here in stating that if we could have had the Hulking Winger for under 2 mill on a 1 year.

Low risk, and the Nucks were never going to win the cup this year anyways, signing him couldn't have been a step back...

He is a Flame now, and now i officially hate him to, but I think I would have liked him a nucks sweater again.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brendan Morrison just signed with the Ducks..............WoW!

If Sundin does not sign, we really need to hope that other teams have over spent and good players will be let go.

That is it.......Plain and Simple!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brendan Morrison just signed with the Ducks..............WoW!

Canuck Whipping boy no longer. I hope he has a good season, he's a nice guy and deserves better. The Canucks apparently offered him 1.9 on a 1 year deal but he had to be insulted at the length of time it took to make him an offer.......

RECCHI just signed with the Lightning, that a good pickup. Despite his age he's been a good utility player the last few seasons on a number of different teams. I was hoping he'd end up in Vancouver. Only 48 Points last season, but the previous two seasons with the penquins he managed some good production. Lightning have been CRAZY busy...

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach
where did you hear that
I just checked out NHL.com nothing
TSN Fox sports Nothing
Google'd and all I got is 1998/99 NJ Trade

r u taking the piss here Coach ... even if your not ...Gillis
has got to do something and where the team is at ... it definately doesn't need a Aging Player Like Sundin .. with that Money you could get 5 - 6 good strong Core players

I've had a hard time getting back into NHL since the strike
but what I watched last year looked like a sick animal that needed
to be put down

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuck Whipping boy no longer. I hope he has a good season, he's a nice guy and deserves better. The Canucks apparently offered him 1.9 on a 1 year deal but he had to be insulted at the length of time it took to make him an offer.......

RECCHI just signed with the Lightning, that a good pickup. Despite his age he's been a good utility player the last few seasons on a number of different teams. I was hoping he'd end up in Vancouver. Only 48 Points last season, but the previous two seasons with the penquins he managed some good production. Lightning have been CRAZY busy...

The Lightning are going to start unloading talent soon, they are way over the Cap, hopefully Gillis will be able to poach some talent from them

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Lightning are going to start unloading talent soon, they are way over the Cap, hopefully Gillis will be able to poach some talent from them

What are you talking about? Tampa is still under $50 mill... lots of cap space left. The only teams over the cap right now are Philly, Chicago, and Calgary.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mike Gillis is to Mike Keenan what Brendan Morrison is to Trevor Linden.

I think Morrison with better health will be happy in Anaheim as it about as close as he can get to Vancouver without having to play for Keenan.

I would be surprised if all he signed for is a one-year deal if he has had 9 teams after him as the media stated.

Kuzma has a good story on Morrison here - and some other deals.
Oh no....not Mo'

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach
where did you hear that
I just checked out NHL.com nothing
TSN Fox sports Nothing
Google'd and all I got is 1998/99 NJ Trade

r u taking the piss here Coach ... even if your not ...Gillis
has got to do something and where the team is at ... it definately doesn't need a Aging Player Like Sundin .. with that Money you could get 5 - 6 good strong Core players

I've had a hard time getting back into NHL since the strike
but what I watched last year looked like a sick animal that needed
to be put down

Sundin is still a top player in hockey and has many years left.....I just don't think he wants to play outside of T.O. If they do land him this team has to go for broke!

Tavares (sp) will be a sweet though, he will be better then Stamkos!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bieksa would love to play in Chicago.They have two good forwards that could help us.Dale as an X Canuck might just help out. As far as Bertuzi going to Calgary good for him.Gillis is going to regret why he did not get Bertuzi.Big Burt will be on a second line in Calgary. Just watch him pop twenty five or thirty goals this year.Gillis is a tough guy i do not think he wants to do anything fast. One or two young tough guys with good hands and we can do OK.

Our biggest problem is D. We do not have a second guyy that can jump up and do the job.Olhand alone can not do it. Edler is still yer away. He is getting better each game.
Bieksa trys but he gets far tomany penalty's each game. That alone will kill us against Ducks, Sharks and Calgary. Club like Detroit will have a feest if he does not change his game a bit. McIver will do just as good job as Bieksa and he knows how to pick the time for fights and cheep shots. All i know all the clubs in our side are getting better each day.We have to do something or Luango is going top chase flys from all the shots he will get in the games.
Aqulinni must be geting nerves by now. God help gillis if they get mad.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0