Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shocking ...

So the FVSL premier isn't sorted out one month before the season ... teams are being promoted without paying dues ... and the CAT system is a joke

SU already made the move for good reason. Our club is reshaping our program to bolster our already successful Peg VMSL Premier.

Here's some interesting FVSL posts from the last year:
FVSL Dirty Laundry
VMSL Grass is greener
FVSL Peg Premier kicked out of Pak

Good luck with the FVSL this year guys. :rolleyes:
Later,

Bollocks

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preach on brother

Too many people post in here that come up with crap that the 'playing with buddies' attitude is so below them. Well to all of you, fcuk the hell off. Enjoy another 'dedicated' season to the game itself - you are so above the rest of us as a competitor and lover of football.

Couldn't be said any better. You guys forget that at the end of the game theres no fun without friends win or lose. You guys who wanna play for the glory go ahead but don't be upset with the guys who wanna win AND have fun. And don't say you can't have both, or its just not possible cause if you look up, that quote is from downtown a guy whose team has had both nuffsaid.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Downtown,

I know you answered this question once already but why don't you and all your Ranger "buddies" play Premier. You said that some players wouldn't get a lot of time because the opposition would be tougher. If team comraderie is what your all about why does an increased level of competition mean less playing time for some of the guys. It's sounds like winning means more than just playing with your mates otherwise you would play in Premier where you might actually lose a couple of matches. Don't get me wrong the Rangers are a great bunch of lads but you guys should really play up a level. I know age is a consideration, we're all getting a little long in the tooth but can still play a bit. Disappointed not to have the Rangers in Premier this season.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not find some more buddies, and put in a Cat team as well. Everyone gets to play, and you will make more money for the beer fund...

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks

I hope you and your club system the best in the vmsl. i hope the teams that your club bought a couple of years ago finally change there name to surrey fc, it seems wierd to me that your club buys the team then change your name to there's.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whistle blower

whistle blower,

Thanx for the good luck wish, I appreciate it. :cool:

there's should be theirs

Second, a "couple of years" is actually five years.

Pegasus has been to the 1/4 finals, twice to the Semi-finals and the Finals once in those five years as well as having won the Provincials twice in the 90's. Quite a run considering SFC has won nothing (outside of the Pak/Pres) in the last 10 years. Which name would you want to carry forward?

-Surrey FC is only recognized at BCSA as a Female Club.
-The Pegasus Youth teams have won two provincial titles in the last two years.
-Our Club name is Surrey Youth Soccer Association.

Oh, and if you click those links above you'll see I raised some valid questions for the FVSL brass a *long* time ago. Those questions have not been answered. AND - history seems to be repeating itself.

Ciao,

Bollocks

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valid points Bollocks

However, you personally will find playing Div. 1 CAT a bloody nightmare for varios reasons... If the lads you've brought with your team and more that you've (not you personally) brought in to the mix stick it out and buy into the system (knowing maybe one or two guys a year may get a few games in "Premier" ) then you'll be OK... That may not happen... Guys want to be important and treated with respect... Who wants to be a reserve player that gets a thanks for coming out??? Another number on the back of a jersey??? A role player??? I've been there done that... Do I have any regrets or any resentment for the path I chose, Hell no... That said, if you get enough club guys willing to stick it out, then all the power to ya...
Reasons you may get your knickers in a not:
1. No linesmen...
2. Unmarked baseball diamonds on some school ground in East Van.
3. Cow patures in the middle of the city...
4. 10 players showing up because the U-21's have a match and others are being rested to sit on the bench for the "Premier" team...
5. No respect by the so-called "Name players" in the club...
6. Clicks and favourtism to already established veterans...
7. Not knowing what game you'll be involved in week to week...
8. Having your missus gutted weekly because she never see's you...
9. Winning a Championship that you had little impact on...
10. No Provincial opportunities for CAT or the like...

What I'm getting at here is, the grass isn't always greener on the other pitch... Remember, I've been there, done that... Good luck to you, but I'm guessing that SFC, SYSA or whatever it is your legal tag is, will be back in the FVSL Premier division within a couple of years... Just in my humble opinion...
NTG is a very dedicated man and even though he has his own way of doing things, (he may wrinkle a few feathers along the way) he does it with the best intentions for his club...

Cheers, Guinness

BTW, I knew the shitty guys from Metro Ford Focus would never come over!!! Bunch of has beens would rather get humped every week in the VMSL than lose to hilbilly's from GEU or Chilli !!! ;) :D
The Rangers will win Div. 1 again and make another run at the PAK, but at the end of the day if they can't commit to Premier and suck it up week in and out they be considered a fun team with a legendary beer fund and great team atmosphere... Good luck to Downtown, Stepchild, RF and the rest of the Rangers (Known as Club Sexy)... We'll meet you in March...;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#5 and #6 will not happen with Peg, I can assure you that. The vets and so-called name-players on the Premier squad look at these kids as a great addition to the team. Just ask guys like Costley, Greener, Steadman, or Perry, guys that came into the squad last year, got playing time, and have had no problems fitting in whatsoever.

And from what I've seen so far in training this year, there are more than a few ready to contribute and will have no problems 'fitting in'.

I think your view is more than a little skewed... you were a player who thought he was on the Premier team who had to go 'down' and play with the CAT team... many, if not all, of our CAT team I think will know that they are with the CAT team with a chance every once in awhile to be 'called up' to the Premier team... It makes a world of difference in attitude and outlook IMHO.

For your #8, players should realise what 'team' they play for at the start. CAT players should ALWAYS expect to play in the CAT games. Every once in awhile, they may play for the Premier squad... no problems there.

Lastly on #9... what championship did your team win that you never felt a part of? :D Mature players will realise that providing competitive training is a great contribution to a championship season... it's also up to management and Premier players to make sure CAT players know this. Again, no problem with Peg.

Cheers,

~RegslookingforwardtoafewCATgames.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Valid points Bollocks

Originally posted by Guinness
Bunch of has beens would rather get humped every week in the VMSL than lose to hilbilly's from GEU or Chilli !!! ;) :D

Easy on us GEU lads Guinness. We can't even defend ourselves right now because we are too tired because of training camp starting in June. :D

bertrumhatespracticingwithonly9guysfromboththecatteamandpremiereverytuesandthurs

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some clarification please

The more posts I read regarding the whole SYSA set up, the more I'm getting confused to the actual structure of the club and who runs what and who belongs to which program. Maybe NTG, Bollocks, Regs or whoever can clear this up for me.

My understanding and interpretation is that the mens program is now divided into two.

GROUP 1. ( FVSL Program )
Surrey FC Rangers
Surrey FC Royals
Surrey FC Donegals
Surrey FC Fireman
Surrey FC Sundowners.

Are all these teams actually flying the "Surrey FC" banner.?

GROUP 2. ( VMSL Program )
Surrey Pegasus

What will the Peg Premier team be known as next season.?
How many affiliates does the Surrey Pegasus group have.? i.e Youth, U-21, CAT.etc..?

Cheers

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slappy

Lastly on #9... what championship did your team win that you never felt a part of?
The one where we bitch slapped Peg for the League title last season!!!;) :D

Clarification... No sour grapes or assuming anything on my part... I was lead to believe a few things here and there, but it was my own decision to stick it out and see how everything played out... Unfortunately in my situation, I was behind a few key players that were durable and could play injured... Great players can do that...
What I was getting at is the problems that some of the guys will find with the whole set up... Peg are an OLD team and NEED young guys coming in...:eek: Good luck to Bollocks et. all, I just don't think the Div. 1 CAT League in VMSL is even close to the FVSL Premier Div...

OneofmanyGuinnessopinions:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,
The one where we bitch slapped Peg for the League title last season!!!
I forgot about that one :eek: Touche! :D

Crafty,

I think the VMSL program consists of:

Pegasus Premier
Pegasus Div 1 CAT
Pegasus Div 2 CAT
Pegasus U21

No clue about FVSL goings-on or how many youth teams fly under the Pegasus brand... :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL

I think this is the club, but best to ask Coach as he is involved in running the mens program.
Div 1 - Rangers
Div 2 - Royals
Div 3 - Donegals
Over 35 - Fireman S C
Over 35 - Sundowners S C

That's the valley boys!

Here's to another Drunk weekend!!!

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re skippy thanks for the luv

Originally posted by Skip

Osame, I find it interesting that you would seem to have this narrow view regarding the make-up of your team, especially after hearing reports in previous years about the Poco team being such a "close knit" group. On the other hand, I guess it DOES make sense, seeing as how you led your defending Championship team to a dissapointing 4th place finish last season in your first campaign as head coach. :eek: :D

Welcome back to TTP, you know I luvya man! ;)

[
Maybe I should have been more clear,obviously we all to have fun and a lot of that has to do with who you play with. The core of our team has played together for a long time and maybe some of us could have gone to play for a {so called} better teams, but we never did {most of us}.A wise man said this once {bored},
"we are all friends who are good at soccer".We all became friends through soccer not the other way. What I meant was, if a team turned down new players that deserved to be on the team because they didn't want their buddy bumped. That is if your playing premier or cat. If you want to play in the lower dividions than thats fine. Im assuming the lions are an older team that has been together for a long time and thats fine if they dont want "to break up the core" , but they should also realize that it's premier.

Skippy I think we finished 3rd if Im not mistaken and that probably had something to do with loosing the best defender
{our captain sweeper} in the league, the best play making forward in the league {bored} and defintly the best midfield in the league {??}.;)
Ps: I dont want to forget skytrain {best beer cooler guardian}
or back yard peat {Best outside d/longest mullet}

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy

To put the Rangers - premier issue to bed. An example is Marshall, who when told of the premier idea, said there was no way he was moving from div 1 (expletives removed of course). He played in premier from age 18 on. He will be turning 40 this year (as will silver fox). The intensity that we have to bring to make those Pak runs the last 3 yrs is very high. No one wants to make that kind of commitment week in and week out. Plenty of guys 'disappear' for 3-4 weeks (too many 4am nights in the changeroom and then trying to appease the angry wives) and that is not good enough if you want to play in premier and represent the club properly. You know plenty of the guys, and the age, kids, and wives take up so much time these days (or so I hear). We don't stay in div 1 just so we can win - it is because it accomodates how we approach the game at this stage of our lives and careers.

I now open the forum to further questions on this topic and I will try and reword my answer again to get my points across. Plus I have plenty of other exciting quotes from other players on the team. It's all included in this week's issue of The Ranger Insider - subscribe now and find out about Stepchild's return and how he plans on shutting down the other team's top defensemen as he goes for his 5th Frank Selke award;)

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for Crafty ****ney and Water boy Guinness' sake

For Crafty ****ney's clarification

The SYSA Club is the main Club

The SYSA Club consists of

VMSL

Pegasus FC - Premier
Pegasus B - Cat 1
Pegasus Rangers- Cat 2
Pegasus U21

VWSL

SFC Classics - Div 2
SFC Mavericks - Div 3
SFC Monsoon - Div 3
SFC Saints - Masters

BC Oldtimers

Brittania Over 40's
Brittania Over 50's
SFC Classics Over 50's
SFC Hosers Over 40's

FVSL

SFC Rangers - Div 1
SFC Royals - Div 2
SFC Donegals - Div 3
SFC Firemen - Over 35's
SFC Sundowners - Over 35's

Pegasus Youth Metro Program

12 teams from U12-U18

SYSA/SFC Youth Teams

105 Mini teams

70 teams from U11-U18 Male and female

All in all there are 3000+ players in SYSA

As to Guinness the "Bitch slapping" was only 1 game in the Provincial Semi's, as to League I believe the results were 2-1 for Pegasus. Also the FVSL Premier does not surpass the Cat 1 Division but that would be hard to determine with all the splinters up your arse from the bench!! Especially with the crap that is running the FVSL!!

If it is such a good Premier League why would at least two of the FVSL Premier teams contact me to ask about the Firemen Div 1 spot?

:p

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frank Selke

Downtown......... since Osama has lost the best defenceman and best playmaker around that I should go there to help them. I'm sure they would appreciate my unique style of offensive defenceman. As for the Selke award, It's in the bag!

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SYSA

NTG,
I assume that your U-12 to U-18 Metro program will support your VMSL program and the rest of the youth will be FVSL.?

Who is in charge of your Men's VMSL program.?

Have you and the SYSA totally ruled out the idea of a FVSL Premier spot or is it just a temporary setback... i.e. if the right team came along would SYSA consider it as they did this year with the Metro Ford team.

Cheers.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steven Page (AKA NTG)

First of all, the waterboy thing is getting old... You have NEVER played the game and you couldn't lace my boots, so simmer on that note... Secondly, the CAT Div. is shyte with the exception of Metro Ford and Surrey United!!! They happen to be the only current teams in the League using it to their advantage and "Developing" players... Hopefully you can see past your ego and treat it the same way???

Regs realised he missed something and realised it afterward...
I forgot about that one:eek: Touche!:D

You on the other hand have nae clue how to TTP and don't even have your facts straight... First of all I wasn't talking about the Bitch Slapping Peg took in the BC's this year... I was talking about the League Championship game last year!!!:rolleyes:

Cheers, Guinness;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0