Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In this case, I'm going to hold back accusing the league for fcuking this one up. As I've said, it looked like this year the league had made a solid effort at resolving important issues before September 1st. I think they are clean on this one.

I'd really like to hear what Ranger and Coach have to say before passing judgment. It seems to me that once you commit to something like this, you have both the primary plan and a contingency plan. It'll be interesting to see what their takes are.

If your rant is directed at SFC as a club, I think it will fall on deaf ears. The club chairman was on record last spring as stating the 2002/2003 premier squad and manager would be moving to the VMSL to play as Peg's Cat team. The Rangers deciding to move up appeared to be a separate issue to the club's position regarding playing in the FVSL.

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My one post this summer

Dude is correct on a number of points.

One, I stated that SFC would not field a FV Premier side this year and this is very true.

Two, the Metro Ford boys withdrew their committment to Coach to put together a Premier side along with their Coach. The decision to withdraw only was made a week ago. This fiasco only came about because of my respect for Coach, Leitchy, Izatt etc.

Everyone should note: This so called Premier side was not the SFC Rangers Div 1 side moving up but a new bunch of players filling the spot. Coach was blindsided on this one by those players.

Three, The FV brass had nothing to do with this decision other than they are a bunch of asses who cannot keep their word past their pocketbooks.

I quote Fudgicle from last summer " The Storm and the Lions cannot enter Premier from the Cat, they must go back to Div 4 and work their way up from there"

Also to clarify the Storm's tremendous moves through the FV. They were a Div 3 team when called Sommerville Storm when they joined SFC. I made the decision to jump them over the other Div 3 team at the time, the Knights (now called Sporting) into Div 2 even though they finished behind the Knights. They had a good run in Div 2 and won only the President's Cup. I asked them to be the Cat team last year and they refused and left to join Whalley to become a Cat team, makes sense. Now they are Premier, shows how hard it is in the FVSL.

:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NTG,

Is that confirmed? Is the Storm in Premier? If they are, is it back under SFC?

If so, good to hear. I was disappointed with what happened last year, and if fences have been mended now, great. Jamie is very underrated as a coach, and seems to get more out of his guys than the individuals may appear on paper.

Look forward (hopefully) to playing against the Storm.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Look forward (hopefully) to playing against the Storm.

Then just watch out for that "Motorhome" guy..... Heard he's a brute! ;)

:p Spazz

BTW who won in the Rangers vs Storm game anyway?

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
out of the cave

Man there has been a lot going on this summer.
I would have to totally agree with cokcney on the lions situation. In a perfect world thats what should happen, but the league has to deal with different scenarios every year and at the end of the day their justification for doing things is that it is in the best interest of the league. Personally I think its a bit of a joke when players use th "I want to play with my buddies" excuse. Whats going to happen when your "buddie" just doesnt cut it in premier.what then? Do you keep loosing with your buddies.

Im not sure if the league has allowed clubs to have 2 teams in premier or not, personally I think one team is enough. The club should have a responsibility to field the best team possible with the best players available to that team. Again the "I want to play with my buddies" thhing comes into play. Dont people want to win? Doesnt raising the cup mean anything? Shouldt winning a bc championship be everyones goal, whether you did it with you buddies or not.

Now whats up with the rangers? Are they in or out? What possibly could the reason be for them not to play premier.Again I hope the "buddie "thing doesnt come into play. Coach Ranger?????

I couldnt help laugh when reading {reminded} about the razorbacks decision to leave premier 2 years back.That had to be one of the dumbest moves ever by a club. Too basically throw in the towel before they even began...shocking....where are they now??? Is that executive available for some advice? :D :D

As far as Friday night games are concerned, I love them. First Im guranteed a good pitch and none of my players are hung over.Secondly it frees up my weekend for the family.The ultimate would be Saturday or night games..

Anyone interested in having pre-season games before the start of the year pm me.

What type of meat do priests eat of Fridays??
NUN ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
couldnt help laugh when reading {reminded} about the razorbacks decision to leave premier 2 years back.That had to be one of the dumbest moves ever by a club. Too basically throw in the towel before they even began...shocking....where are they now??? Is that executive available for some advice?

I think Razor, Razorbacks, or Rex may be able to help. They all seem to think along the same lines.

:)

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
osame bin madden:
Now whats up with the rangers? Are they in or out? What possibly could the reason be for them not to play premier.Again I hope the "buddie "thing doesnt come into play. Coach Ranger?????
The rangers actually were going to go over 35 this year, it wasn't until around June that they decided to play one more season. Remember, this team has been around longer than most of the Lion team, perhaps some of the Lion boys may be Ranger offspring (Night Rhider)?!?
As for the buddy thing, this team lives off that. Perhaps more teams should stick together, it seems to work for us! :wa: :bronco: :knvb:

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach & RF

These boys are on holidays for another week - so instead of you all anxiously awaiting some sort of reply - the goods have been stated clearly by NTG. Coach and I have had this team since the early 90's - it's all about guys having a blast and everyone plays. For our team to move up to premier, there will be too many games going on 1-0 or 2-0 (for us of course) that will be way too tight to be switching our line up all over the place. We sign 25 guys every year and everybody plays. If we are in those types of games, we would have 5-6 guys getting no minutes every week. That is not what we are about. The majority of the lads have had their numerous years in premier (36 years for silver fox - aka Cal Ripken) and they have all slowly come down and joined the club that Coach and I have kept together. Our purpose has always been clear, and as anyone who has ever played for us knows - once a Ranger always a Ranger. Having said that, we might be welcoming back a couple of younger Sherle brothers after a 3 year hiatus. Great now we have 27 guys!! But who gives a sh*t. We will have a blast next year, raise more money in one month in our beer fund than any team in Canada will for the entire year. And we will win quite a few games;)

So, you need not query anymore for RF and Coach, anyone who knows us expects this from us and screw all the 'make the league better, win BC's,' and crap like that. We still compete when it counts with an average age of 35. Other than 3-4 guys, it was not going to be the Rangers div1 playing in premier anyways. We feel bad about the bail out for the club and the tarnished rep, but the truth of the matter has been laid out for ya right now.

You are all welcome though to come to our league opener on Friday night at NAP in September. I will have loads of alcohol, meat pies, strippers, you name it...right NTG ?- just leave me the keys buddy.

:wa: :wa: :knvb: :bronco: :wa: :wa:

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knight assrhider

BTW - why don't you just keep explaining yourself:rolleyes:
My god man, we get what you are attempting to say, we are just laughing at your inabilities to spell or form sentences. Now what did you mean again by you would win the Pak ? You must still be drunk from the vodka drink we gave you in Denny's. Or is this just a 'black' thing ?:p

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's THAT time again

Originally posted by Stepchild
As for the buddy thing, this team lives off that. Perhaps more teams should stick together, it seems to work for us!

Well said friend! PAU follows the same philosophy, and we have found that it has brought us a certain amount of success as well.

I should have known that it would be Osame who would wake me from my summer slumber, and prompt me to make my first post regarding the new 2003-2004 season! Winning is important to us all, but there is a lot to be said for a team of "buddies" who truly enjoy each other's company, and are willing to battle and bleed for one another on the pitch (and at the Roxy :D ) It's sometimes described as "chemistry", and without it, I would argue a team is nothing. The New York Rangers are a good example of what a team of talented individuals accomplish without chemistry.

Osame, I find it interesting that you would seem to have this narrow view regarding the make-up of your team, especially after hearing reports in previous years about the Poco team being such a "close knit" group. On the other hand, I guess it DOES make sense, seeing as how you led your defending Championship team to a dissapointing 4th place finish last season in your first campaign as head coach. :eek: :D

Welcome back to TTP, you know I luvya man! ;)

stirstirstirstirstirstir

P.S. Stepchild / Downtown, so it's official then? Rangers to stay in Div. 1 next year??

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
US???

Originally posted by Stepchild
Perhaps more teams should stick together, it seems to work for us! :wa: :bronco: :knvb:

US???

Please enlighten me on how you contributed to the cause this year... (summer doesn't count)

IT'SALONGCOMMUTEFROMCALITOTHEPITCHEACHWEEK

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip

Confirmed. At least 90% of the div 1 guys were all staying put...

Good comments on chemistry. Too many people post in here that come up with crap that the 'playing with buddies' attitude is so below them. Well to all of you, fcuk the hell off. Enjoy another 'dedicated' season to the game itself - you are so above the rest of us as a competitor and lover of football. Also enjoy no championships and getting home after all your training sessions and games in time to see another rerun of Seinfeld. Woo-mighty-fcuking-hoo...are we having fun yet? Dolts !:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skip

Originally posted by downtown
Confirmed. At least 90% of the div 1 guys were all staying put...

Good comments on chemistry. Too many people post in here that come up with crap that the 'playing with buddies' attitude is so below them. Well to all of you, fcuk the hell off. Enjoy another 'dedicated' season to the game itself - you are so above the rest of us as a competitor and lover of football. Also enjoy no championships and getting home after all your training sessions and games in time to see another rerun of Seinfeld. Woo-mighty-fcuking-hoo...are we having fun yet? Dolts !:D

Agreed.

I dont get paid enough to play with guys I don't like.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It could be worse. You could all be Glasgow Rangers' supporters, a team who will be knocked out of the Champions League in two weeks. That would be awful, wouldn't it, Downtown? :p

If a team chooses to stay in division one it is their prerogative, as long as it is established at the start of the year, that if they do win promotion, that the second place team will represent them.

Hail! Hail!

Captain

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sixfyv

Originally posted by Milhouse
Don't let him talk about DMU Premier that way.:D

It has nothing to do with Seinfeld, and everything to do with getting home before 10:00 curfew...:(

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame brings Skytrain out of the dark

Originally posted by Osame bin madden
Personally I think its a bit of a joke when players use th "I want to play with my buddies" excuse. Whats going to happen when your "buddie" just doesnt cut it in premier.what then? Do you keep loosing with your buddies.

Can't believe this subject brings me to make my first post of the season :rolleyes: Osame does have a point, if you have a 'buddie' that just is not cutting it anymore well ..... he should be dropped. That being said, I'm with the most of you, chemistry of a team is very important if not the most. Few years back PoCo won the Pak Cup, we by far did not have the best team in the league that year but without the chemistry we had we would have not even made it past first round. Buddies have always been a big part of the PoCo club. I'm sure Osame is very aware of the same.

Originally posted by Osame bin madden
Believe or not girth, we are going younger.......so we welcome anyone whos under 30 and can kick a ball.

Great! just when I'm making my come back:mad: I'm not young and I could never kick a ball:( Anyone got use for a 30yr old that can whack real good and make your beer cooler some $$$ ?

skytrainwantedtotryoutforGEUbutmissedthetryoutsinMay:eek:

superfoxs

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: US???

Originally posted by SixFyv
US???

Please enlighten me on how you contributed to the cause this year... (summer doesn't count)

IT'SALONGCOMMUTEFROMCALITOTHEPITCHEACHWEEK

Does the captain of the team really have to defend his contributions to OUR sucess?

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights ridin

My god man, we get what you are attempting to say, we are just laughing at your inabilities to spell or form sentences. Now what did you mean again by you would win the Pak ? You must still be drunk from the vodka drink we gave you in Denny's. Or is this just a 'black' thing ?

Wow rhider gets ridin by downtown, buddy i'm sorry I'm having a hard time adapting to your world the ebonics makes communication tough. :cool:

I don't get how all you guys can take a dick but can't take a joke. Not stupid, I know we won't win the pak our first year Its not rocket science dudes.Its actually gonna be one of the hardest seasons the Lions have ever faced. We're missing some of our big guns. Not to worry we need the challenge according to a few of you guys we haven't faced anything tough yet!

So sorry from now on its frowns no smiles, seriousness no jokes cause apparently it's just not funny!:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0