Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL AGM June 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So with topics pertaining to local football being a bit slow these days perhaps a bit of banter on the upcoming goings on of the FVSL AGM could be discussed..

I'm not looking for campaigning, etc or insight as to who is voting for what, let's just discuss some goings on..

-Kevin Uppal is running against Thomas Mills for President of the league.
-I have heard rumors/hearsay about new cup competitions being talked about (SX cup obviously has to be renamed at minimum as Soccercity is now the sponsor for the league)
-There are some motions being put forward for some constitutional changes or re writes
something about the removal of an appointed treasurer, and the treasurer now being elected and having a vote

am I missing anything? Have other clubs or Indy teams sent info to other clubs and teams via email about motions they are or have put forward also?

As far as voting, the balance of power rests in clubs vs Independent teams... usually teams within the clubs vote as a block if what I'm told is true or has been over history...(it just makes sense tbh)

The number of votes:
LUFC: 14
GEU: 10
PoMo: 8
Peace Arch: 7
North Delta and Poco both with 6
SFC has 5
Aldergrove has 4
Abby has 3
that totals 63 votes out of the 111, and over 50%

I think the league has been running very smoothly over the last few years I have been involved in running a team. We haven't had one incident of a ref no showing, no glitches from the league end on ID cards or paperwork errors. The implementation of the online registration has been awesome, and we are the only league where someone can physically go to the internet and see whom has signed with whom and when... which is great for transparency, but only has benefits to ensure your players aren't lying to you if the other leagues also do the same (The late season rumors and accusations of teams playing players that are also signed in VMSL or BMSA)

Also, a question to the masses: Are minutes of the Executive meetings available anywhere? Can we ask for copies of them?

discuss?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
True ,the Motion will be put forward to drop 1 Executive and allow the Treasurer to now be able to cast a vote as an Executive Position.

I like the Idea to allow the Treasurer to vote..But I think we need more Executives not less.
Because of Family/Work/Holidays many reasons not all Execs make all the meetings. The more Executives you have the better chance more will be present at all the meetings and more voices will be heard and votes cast.
The fewer Executives you have means the more power the few have at meetings and voteing. Especially if 1 or 2 cant make a meeting the power the few have to make decisions does/may not reflect the majority of the league.
I say YES to Treasurer being allowed to vote and NO to getting rid of any Executive Positions...And YES to Adding another Executive Position.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also would like to see the minutes of the Executive meetings.
I think it would be interesting to see what the Execs are planning..Would help with who I deside to vote for, for sure.

Have all the FVSL Clubs set times for their AGMs before the FVSLs AGM to discuss what they will be voteing for....?
Or does 1 guy just show up and vote the way he feels and the other members of that club just agree with whatever that person decides...?

Does anyone even Give 2 shtis ?

I mean Its our league and our money...And every vote really counts since only 111 votes plus Execs so 117 correct me if im wrong.
Thats not alot and YES every vote is Important.
Everyone can make a difference.
I think its important that everyone contacts thier team manager and asks what is going to be discussed and voted on at the AGM and lets them know what they feel that team should be in favor of or against.
All teams managers should go to thier club AGM and let the Club know what thier team wants and does not want.
All Independent clubs ..stand up and be heard !
Do some research...What is best for our FVSL ?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The other Constitutional change that will be put forth was" The League Administrator/Registrar/Referee Scheduler" Should not have any connection to any team/club in the FVSL or be an Executive of the FVSL.

WOW big topic here guys.

(not that it has happened yet )But No advantage can be gained by any team by haveing a member of their team as the Administrator.
Someone with no ties to any Team/club, a neutral person will be fair.
I think to be FAIR is the most important thing the Administrator should be...And to be FAIR ,the Administrator CANNOT have any ties to any club/team .

So I will vote YES

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest problem with an AGM at this time of year is that most dont give a shti and this is why alot of things get put into play or pulled out of play while no one cares and then its to late.
Most teams send guys to these AGMs who really dont want to be there and only go because they live the closest and get stuck going to save the team the $150 fine.
I know cause I use to be one of those teams..."Mike you go to this meeting and save us the $$ and you wont have to pay your team fee in August "..."Fine" ZzzzZZzz I didnt vote cause I didnt know what they were talking about or I voted to just keep things the way they were because we did ok and every ref showed up and we now have a pretty website :)
Guys we all really need to get involved..As you can see...Im the only one posting on this thread because no one cares...or cares this time of year anyways....

sad actually.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The less people care, the better job the league is doing.

I bet the VMSL gets a massive turn-out...a lot of people care on that side of the pond.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the league did a pretty dam good job too...Still we need to make it better and we need to all be apart of that.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The other Constitutional change that will be put forth was" The League Administrator/Registrar/Referee Scheduler" Should not have any connection to any team/club in the FVSL or be an Executive of the FVSL.

WOW big topic here guys.

(not that it has happened yet )But No advantage can be gained by any team by haveing a member of their team as the Administrator.
Someone with no ties to any Team/club, a neutral person will be fair.
I think to be FAIR is the most important thing the Administrator should be...And to be FAIR ,the Administrator CANNOT have any ties to any club/team .

So I will vote YES

I don't see a big deal here tbh.
Where are you going to find someone to do this job if not from the community(teams clubs etc)? Volunteers and even paid admins need to know what they are doing and what needs to be done... Some just graduated uni student or housewife will likely not do as smooth a job of it as what is currently going on, and last I checked the current Admin's team didn't win a piece of silverware this year, therefore any appearance of impropriety is a moot point.

~devil's advocate.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
exactly, it's not a lot of money from what I am told, that the admin gets paid... therefore if it isn't someone from the community with a sense of the importance and, although a paid position, carries the yeomans volunteer attitude to the tasks, than how much would the league have to pay a total outsider?

We'd then have people asking for a CGA or other some such...

people like to whinge about things when something doesn't go their way everytime (I know, I like to complain and blame others! ;) )

The first time something goes awry with this new super transparent admin with no connection to the Soccer Community, someone will be straight onto TTP Complaining that some know-nothing is running the league into the ground, and on OUR DIME!!! :p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't need someone who loves or even likes soccer to do a good job. You need someone who is hard working, practical intelligent, meticulous, and follows instructions.

There are plenty of housemoms w/ good educations that would jump at an admin job like this, and do a great job. I say you hire OUTSIDE the community for best results. Then they won't give 2 shites about TTP, because they won't be following on it.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one said any un fair advantages took place.(your stirring the pot ) .But whos to say somewhere down the road it might..My god ..People in league positions have drained those leagues bank accounts and split town.(VMSL hello)..so dont say that no administrator would never do anything wrong...you just need to plan ahead and be safe is all Im saying...Just cause it hasnt happened doesnt mean it wont...
As for finding people to do the Admin job...well I heard from the top that any monkey could do the job so to find someone not involved in the league who would want $117 a day for 7 days a week for 8 months (tax free) a year would be a fricken no brainer...Infact with $28,500 as pay ..you could find a person with a college degree who knows the game who would love the job...and if they didnt run it as perfect as we wanted we could find another monkey with an add on craigs list faster than peeling a banana.
Lets face it here...28,5 k for 8 months is huge...
You all must remember we are a NONPROFIT SOCIETY with VOLUNTEERS...
Where we ever started to need to pay $28,500.00 for an Admin Job is beyond me.
And dont forget the huge job of registration is now done easy on line...
Yes the Admin does alot of work and should be paid...and its to late to go back on the amount we pay the Admin now.....(or is it)
So we cap it at 28,5k and if the Admin doesnt like the pay...we find one who does...
Remember ...Its our money we are giveing away here....
We get to vote on what happens with our money.

I will leave you with this...If our league is makeing enough money to pay Huge Salaries to Adminastrators....Why cant we pay less registration fees instead and find good people to work for less? They are out there.You just have to look.

Remember NONPROFIT SOCIETY HERE.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
exactly, it's not a lot of money from what I am told, that the admin gets paid... therefore if it isn't someone from the community with a sense of the importance and, although a paid position, carries the yeomans volunteer attitude to the tasks, than how much would the league have to pay a total outsider?

We'd then have people asking for a CGA or other some such...

people like to whinge about things when something doesn't go their way everytime (I know, I like to complain and blame others! ;) )

The first time something goes awry with this new super transparent admin with no connection to the Soccer Community, someone will be straight onto TTP Complaining that some know-nothing is running the league into the ground, and on OUR DIME!!! :p

$117.00 a day .....7 days a week for 8 months CLEAR no tax is fricken great pay....$28,500.00
Its on the FVSL treasurers report .

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I too think the league has done a good job in bettering the league, and pushing progress and growth of the league. But there are still issues that need to be addressed or at the least discussed, and also voted on at the AGM. And it's important that everyone gets out because it will affect everyone. For example, Some decisions regarding budget expenditures could even affect Team/Player Registration Fees and expenses in the short-term and/or long-term, and i'm sure not many would like to hike in that department. It will also be interesting to see where and how the league budget/money is spent, which i have been told will take place at the AGM, which another reason why everyone should show up.

I don't see a big deal here tbh.
Where are you going to find someone to do this job if not from the community(teams clubs etc)? Volunteers and even paid admins need to know what they are doing and what needs to be done... Some just graduated uni student or housewife will likely not do as smooth a job of it as what is currently going on, and last I checked the current Admin's team didn't win a piece of silverware this year, therefore any appearance of impropriety is a moot point.

~devil's advocate.

I think regardless of how the Admin's team performed or how good a job the Adminstrator is doing, it's just the principle and removing areas where a conflict of interest might occur. I mean regardless of how principled a person is, the temptation is always there if proper rules and constraints are not imposed.

Though one might state how would that stop an Admin from rooting for a certain team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0