Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL AGM June 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
May I just say that this is awesome. Seriously. Keep it up. Best banter ever, well since G-House's personal telathon some months ago. Tough to take him too seriously about anything financial related. And KNVB in the same sentence as All Star anything, well enough said. No wonder it's falling apart.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had so much to say and then I thought...you really dont get it do you..

Are you so blind that you want to poke fun of me to make yourself look cool...
I am on here telling people to Come out to Vote and giving them info they need to know to make the right choice...And we have a right to know these numbers from who ever they come from..Infact call the Treasurer he has to tell you the truth. His number is on the website. These numbers are no secret..They will be in writing on the minutes at the AGM ..Remember They are our executive acting for us members who vote them in to do our work..Nothing is secret at any meetings...Were a non profit society remember.
We have a right to hear and know everything...
All I have done was to let everyone know whats going on..good for you hey good for me ,good for everyone.
We are about to enter into an AGM where we all need to vote for what we believe is right...To better ourselves... or not its up to us..
As for you trying to change this around to the allstar thing..LOL...I was never really any part of the allstar program..I mean what was my roll..Thomas picked the team and Mark was to Coach it..I am now not allowed to what?..fill water bottles up..eat the Pizza the league buys.drink the beer (i dont drink).please.. as if I care about that ...Mark decided not to coach because he never got to pick the team and that was the one thing from the get go he told thomas that if he was to coach he was to pick the team.(all of it)
Mark lost interest when the team was picked for him...
Again...If half the players and coaches dont want to be apart of the program.....why have the program?
Face it ..KNVB.. your coach of the B allstar team...Have fun .
My div 2 Knights league team is looking for a game if you need a tuneup before your big match vs the Island.
PS we play the Island 6 times this summer for less than $1500 bucks.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Save it sweetheart, I know enough to know that you certainty don't know. By the way I never poked fun at you for banging the valley drum, if people care they should vote, if they don't then they shouldn't bitch and moan when it doesn't run how they like. I've got no problem with that.

Did you want me to be serious or insert smilies? Is this www.imallserious.com or www.24of25postsbyghousetalkingtohimself.com? I'd rather fly in and attend a Calgary Humility clinic than read anymore diatribe from you with-out a retort.

Welcome to takethepiss

As for the B-Team, well, I may be coaching it now, but at least I wasn't the one cut from it.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When did the Nonprofit Society become a career or a bussiness....

JTL..Dude ...What part of DICTATOR are you sucking.

There is a list of qualified people who want the Administrator job for 24k a year.
Why would our FVSL NonProfit society want to spend 42k or 36k or even 28.5k for a job that anyone can do..a FUN job where People are lineing up to apply for it.

JTL and Dude..Honestly? did you know before this thread that our Administrator was being paid 28.5k ...ya im sure you new he was being paid...but did you really know the exact amount....Most managers 111 of them had no Idea...It was NOT hidden ,it was on the treasurers report.

JTL and Dude can VOTE to raise our fees so we can pay our Administrator $42,000.00

House,

I did know the administrator was a paid position back when Laurel had it. I had actually assumed they were getting paid between 40 and 50k to do that job as it seemed like a huge undertaking. I was not aware about a raise and that's up to the membership to determine if that is going to happen I assume.

For your information House, most Non Profit Organizations have paid staff in their organizations. Look at youth soccer clubs now. Most if not all have a paid technical director who can probably make between 40-75k per year. They also usually have a technical staff, an executive director, field coordinator, etc. - the list goes on and on.

The allstar program has been around for more than 2 years in the FVSL. All it is, is a fun program where all of the best players in the FVSL get to play together, have some fun, and enjoy some beers. The fact that your team is opting out of it looks bad on you and your team and nobody else. 5 out of 11 of the First All Star team are from your team - how many players do you want on it? Don't you think its fair to have a few other standouts from other teams? The Masters All Star team was picked by the first place coach and the league admin. together. The admin. is there so the coach doesn't pick his entire team just as your coach would have probably done in your case.

It seems to me you have some sort of personal agenda reading your email that you sent to everyone as well as your comments on here. I think you and the admin. should get together kiss and bend each other over the table the executive meet on. I can't believe I just said it. Sorry to everyone that reads that last statement as that is not a pretty visual.

JTL

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL if your in favor of a pay raise and registration fees going up... vote for it...
If you think its a tough job then get back to school.
JTL do you remember when the Allstar team was spanked 8-0 by the VMSL and half the team and coaches quit..(first year) well 7 ACBC players from div 1 were called in and played and beat the VISL Allstars...we helped after all the real allstarts quit.
The 2nd year we ACBC had to travel the Allstar weekend to the (PCSL) Interior so we cold not take part in the Allstar weekend.
This year, 3 of the guys are playing PDL that weekend..1 is injured, 1 is at a ice hockey tournament and 1 just doesnt feel like playing....
JTL you make it like ACBC guys are the only guys that dont want to play in the Allstar game....There are others every year you dont want to or cant aswell...
You know that so why not talk about those guys too.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL hit the nail on the head, just because an organization is an NPA doesn't mean that it's employees are all volunteers, FFS...

NPA' are Not for Profit (meaning they are running for another reason than to make money, like providing a bunch of adult men a place to play soccer in an orgainzed format.)

Perhaps a charitable organization is something you are thinking about Ghouse... The FVSL is not the Salvation Army, and I'm sure the head cheese at the Sally Ann makes a good buck...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps a charitable organization is something you are thinking about Ghouse... The FVSL is not the Salvation Army, and I'm sure the head cheese at the Sally Ann makes a good buck...

Charible organizations also have paid staff. I have seen some whose wages/salary account for more than 50% of the "charity's" expenses. Most people who work at charities get paid.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course they do... I'm talking about the spirit of the league, Ghouse is trying to get us all to think that we are being robbed of our fees somehow, as the league is an NPA, which is different than a charity, or a for profit... The league is not for profit, nobody is goin to work that amount of hours, field all those calls, etc for free or for less than what a decent receptionist, at the very least, will make

I'm sure someone would do it for free, or for less, or without a raise, but I highly doubt they would do as thorough and accurate a job as what is happening currently.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL if your in favor of a pay raise and registration fees going up... vote for it...
You're the LAST person to be telling others to go back to school, LOL!

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think anyone suggested it should be a volunteer position and work for free.

Seems people only read what they want rather than the entire post????

This thread is now going off in tangents, going beyond taking the piss, and not actually discussing anything relevant.

Laters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think anyone suggested it should be a volunteer position and work for free.

Seems people only read what they want rather than the entire post????

This thread is now going off in tangents, going beyond taking the piss, and not actually discussing anything relevant.

Laters
What was suggested that has most rolling their eyes and TTPing is that "any monkey could do it... it doesn't take a college degree... if they can't do it, just get another monkey with an add (sic) on craigslist... TAXFREE... it is FUN..."

Getting people out to vote is one thing, making ridiculous statements to reason for it is an entirely different matter.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL do you remember when the Allstar team was spanked 8-0 by the VMSL and half the team and coaches quit..(first year) well 7 ACBC players from div 1 were called in and played and beat the VISL Allstars...we helped after all the real allstarts quit.
The 2nd year we ACBC had to travel the Allstar weekend to the (PCSL) Interior so we cold not take part in the Allstar weekend.
This year, 3 of the guys are playing PDL that weekend..1 is injured, 1 is at a ice hockey tournament and 1 just doesnt feel like playing....
JTL you make it like ACBC guys are the only guys that dont want to play in the Allstar game....There are others every year you dont want to or cant aswell...
You know that so why not talk about those guys too.

Now you're making this about the allstar team. No matter how hard you try, you will always have players that can't participate because of work, injuries or family commitments. It's when a coach or manager of a team decides for his players that they won't partake in it that it becomes a problem. Remember the point - it's just for fun and is supposed to be an honour.

When the time comes to vote regarding increased reg. fees and a pay raise for the league admin. I will listen to all of the discussions and make my mind up then as most educated people will do. And House, I think 8 years of university education is enough for me - I don't need to go back. However, some should perhaps consider it......

One question I might ask House is how do you know so much about the finances? For example this year's all star budget? Which if its $1500 is peanuts by the way. I think it should be $7500 every year and if the FVSL open allstars get spanked by the VMSL allstars and they all quit - they have character flaws.

From what I am told the Masters allstar program was met with great enthusiasm this year - it looks like we're only playing one game against the open team but we're are all looking forward to it. Some can't make it do to injuries or work commitments but everyone is doing their very best. There has been some great emails back and forth amongst the players and coaches and spirits are very high. Maybe some of these young fellas on the open team need an attitude adjustment.

Anyways, I think I will attend my first FVSL AGM this year - should be a cracker.

JTL

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You all make great points..

Your just not getting what I am trying to say and maybe its because I only have 2 years of community college.

All I am saying is the league needs to decide what to pay the Administrator ..Not the Administrator telling the League...Maybe you all are right and the league needs to buck up and maybe the vote will be to lower the amount spent...Come cast your vote...If you even are allowed to vote..???
Most of the 50 or so Indipendent Teams/votes dont show up and when they do they sleep till the end and vote for what ever just to get out of the meeting...All I am doing is motivateing those and everyone to Care ..and to speak up, be heard.
I am also giveing information to everyone so you all are more informed so you all can make a conscious decision and vote correctly.
Where do I get my secret Info..lol I ask the Executive...Its not a secret...Its a nonprofit organization that I am a member of..I get to know..just like everyone...
You see the difference between me and almost everyone else...Is I actually will do something ...most of you just complain and will never do a dam thing.
You take 2 minutes to bash someone on here yet you wont show up to the AGM..
I dare you to all show up.

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have a right to hear and know everything...

Funny, but I recall many of us VMSL guys stating that to you a couple of months ago. I agree with you on that. I also agree that the executive is supposed to work for you. Thanks for seeing our point now. Actually, I don't want to go down that road again. Forget it.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the Allstar team...$14,000 in 3 years of our money spent on PRIEMER players only..And NOT the guys actually asked to play says to me that its not money well spent.
(MY Opinion)

If the players asked dont want to take part....It doesnt matter why..work/holiday other games/hate the coach it doesnt matter.
If the original Allstars chosen dont want or cant be there its not an Allstar team and just money thrown into pizza and beer for 2nd choice players to say we had an allstar team.
Money that could be spent on something better than pizza and beer.
Say travel money for the 8 teams going to the Island for the new Cup..
Not money spent on 1 allstar team with second choice players but money for 8 full teams..

Face it the Allstar program should be an Allstar awards Banquet.
Where the same money can buy dinner and trophies for the allstars and trophies can be all handed out all at once..
We could then recognize allstars from every division not just Premier....

Listen the other members are getting sick and tired that the Premier Division Gets an Allstar $$$$ and team and FUN and the rest of the PAYING members get jack shti.
More Cup Games for the Premier guys (more FUN) and now even a 3rd Cup vs the ISLAND...wow so much fun for the Premier teams and $$$$$$ for the Premier guys but nothing for the rest of the PAYING members...

They will vote to get rid of the Allstar program and so will evey Premier team..why ..because we will need that waist of money put towards travel money so we can play in the New Cup.
Why because thats 8 teams spending the same amount of money as 1 B allstar team.

YAYA its only $1500 allstar money this year...well it was 7k and 5k before...And never have the real allstars been there...
Put that money to better use where it is used by more than 1 team ... by 8.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse,

I think what you don't understand is we all actually get what your saying the first time, well I doubt Base gets anything not in cryptic code. However we are then forced to read more posts in which you reiterate yourself. Guys wind you up like a tinker toy and then you spiral out of control on ridiculous tangents. Honestly is the administrator really getting overpayed, i don't think so. A bit of a thankless job that requires 7 days a week of work. Should they be able to ask for a raise, like any other job why not. Maybe they put in enough hours that they deserve more but I rather hear the person out and vote as you mentioned 20 posts ago. I think we all got that before the administrator position was being done by any monkey off the street. Is there anyone who works with or for the FVSL who you haven't disrespected or belittled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0