Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars FVSL All Stars 2003.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALLSTARS V. TEAM INDIA

Good performance from our lads last night especially in the second half. Somewhat of a different squad with some new players involved, but a lot of nice football. India got the 2-0 result in a game that was fairly even, by capitalizing on their chances.

Having Ally McCoist playing for us last night was a delight and a great inspiration for the rest of the lads who played along side him. Great advert for the FVSL.

Tons of pints, grub and great patter after the match rounded off what was to be evening to be remembered:cool:

Highlights for me:

Ally McCoist shaking my hand and saying "Sorry Boss" as he came off the park at the end of the game.

Seeing the look on Rangerforever's face as he finished the game playing upfront with his idol.

Cheers :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're kidding!

What?
Ranger actually finished a game?

Must have been trying to impress someone.

;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is McCoist living here now, or is he just over on holidays? It sounds like India will be a tough team to beat this year again and that group with Scotland and Canada will be just as tough as our group.

Well done on bringing in a great player for the tournament, as it can only add to the hype. I hope I'm healthy enough and that we get through to the final against Scotland, so I can have a kick at the bastard for all the goals he scored against Celtic over the years. ;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And with that this thread has gone way off topic. Captain, you owe me a beer. Possibly more depending on how many times I miss the Irish net on Saturday.

Crafty,

Any more games coming up or has the program finished up for this year?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MORE TO COME!

Originally posted by TheRob
Crafty,

Any more games coming up or has the program finished up for this year?

We are still hopefull for two or three more games before the end of the summer.

We will keep you posted as they are confirmed.

See you boys at the Nations Cup this weekend. !

Rumour has it that I'll be marking McCoist at 5.45 on Saturday;)

Cheers:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super Ally!!!

Last night has got to be the most fun and excitement I've ever had in a football match!!!:cool: Mr. McCoist is a world class footballer and a top class individual, I cannot say enough about his character... Definately a night to remember...
It's was weird that my boyhood idol growing up in Belfast just acted like one of the lads and was completely down to earth... He thoroughly enjoyed himself on the park and back @ Kelly O'Bryans and thanked everyone for having him out...

A couple of moments I will never forget:
-His cheeky story of Jim Leighton and Davie Cooper the night after Rangers Cup win over Aberdeen...
-He showed his apprecition for our hospitality by making a point to buy a round for EVERY lad back @ the restaurant...
-His complete professionalism and the way he gave Crafty his complete un-divided attention during the half time speech... (two of his wee boys tried to talk to him and he asked them quietly to wait until the gaffer was finish)... Top Drawer!!! I'd think most lads with his creditials would just relax at half time and maybe walk around and soak up the lime light... Not Ally, he's different gravy...

Sensei, to answer your question... He's three steps ahead of anyone else, although his fitness is no where to be seen!!!;)

Cheers to everyone involved in making last night one I'll cherish forever, Guinness:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very cool

As an admitted non-follower of the international game, that sounded like it was a fan-fcuking-tastic experience. Wow.

The only footballers I've ever really idolized are Eric Cantona (past), and Zinadine Zidane (current). Yes, even though they are French, they're still greats.:p I can only imagine what it'd be like to suit up and play with either of these two guys.

I'm jealous...big time! Very cool to whomever pulled that off...

Great pub for the league, too. Looking forward to hearing some of the tales second hand from one of you guys!
:cool:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear once he is fit he's going to play a match with VMSL ALLSTARS:D

Congrats to the lads who got to experience this once in a lifetime thrill and well done to whomever organized it!

John

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good one John

Originally posted by john
I hear once he is fit he's going to play a match with VMSL ALLSTARS:D

I was going to say that maybe McCoist should have played a match with the VMSL Allstars, so that he doesn't go back to Scotland and tell them that the soccer is like playing with Sheep Farmers.
Great experience for all, I only wish I could see him play or even play with him on the weekend at Nations, I am over-30 now.
But I have to go houseboating, check the thread.

HOS

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers to Rocco

On behalf of the Delta Highlanders I would like to thank our teamate for involving us with the opportunity to meet and see Super Ally play.

Once a Ranger, never a Highlander.:eek:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rocco

Eeeaaasssy!.....

Hey, I got the same grief from my Ranger teammates.

I thought of it in the morning when I contacted Rocco.
He didn't get in contact with McCoist until like 4:30.
Sorry Dude, Rocco and I had like 1 1/2 hours to pull this off.
We really didn't know if Ally would show either as he was busy.

Best we could do,

RF

And TR, don't even start with the off-topic bit. ;)

I'll try to get some pics posted too soon.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll start off with posting a picture.

I wasn't even aware with who I was playing with until after the game was finished.
I thought it was a little weird that a bunch of people were taking pictures of our half time chat.
Somebody was videotaping Crafty's halftime speech and I'm thinking this is just an exhibition game what's going on, somebody's dad sure must be proud that his kid got the call up for the FVSL all-stars. :)

It sure was cool to find out who had been out there playing with us. Like everybody has said Ally was down to earth and took the time to chat to who ever wanted to talk.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Sliver
Somebody was videotaping Crafty's halftime speech and I'm thinking this is just an exhibition game what's going on, somebody's dad sure must be proud that his kid got the call up for the FVSL all-stars. :)

Dawg. ;)

Guinness, my hun brotha, I've got a bunch I have to convert and get on here.
I've got a great one of you standing beside him at half time during Crafty's speech.
I'll post some here but will put most on the premium members multimedia thread when I've got 'em good to go.

Good work Slivie on the proof and also great match man.

RF

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Super Swally does play for Scotland's o-30's, will he be wearing the infamous Rangers and Celtic crested top?

I'd like a photo of that.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALL STARS v. DOUGLAS COLLEGE

Last game for FVSL All Stars this season.

Mackie Turf Field - 7.30PM KO in North Delta v. Douglas College

August 6th, 2003

Come out and support the lads.!:cool:

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0