Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
LFC played terrible, he was too busy watching the girls in tight tops run the track.

Well in his defence, that "lady in red" running the track was a hottie. She ran the end zones quite quickly and "paced" herself nicely as she passed by each lap.

Hey Rikki, I would love to hear who you think our starting 11 should be.

Now we get to sit and wait and hope everone loses.... crap way to end the season.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I know, i agree Rikki, we didn't have our starting 11 on the pitch either when we scored our 3 goals against you guys. Maybe we should just decide that, once one of the teams pulls a starting player that whatever the score is, is the final one? That way the standings would reflect what your starting 11 can do instead of your whole team.
:rolleyes:
Or maybe you guys could just go to practice and get in shape so that coach didn't have to put those weaker players on the field in place of you?

LFC played terrible, he was too busy watching the girls in tight tops run the track. How do you think i was so open all the time? My swollen ankle was throbbing to me this morning saying "wow he played good up until he whacked me."
;)

In my defence, Yoda was the one who originally pointed out the Lady in Red. I however did return the favor as I pointed out a couple of good vantage points as she made her way around. As far as playing terrible and Yoda being wide open all day, two points. One, Yoda is slower than me and I did not feel the need to be all that close to a not so dangerous threat. :D Second, Yoda's team mates did not seem to want or maybe have the confidence in getting him the ball.
As far as the whack, that felt good. There was enough ball to cover up the maliciousness of the tackle. In the end a mistake as the guy they threw in to replace him was much faster and proved to be the end of my day.
So what's worse, taking pleasure in getting a good LEGAL lick in, or laughing at Dude.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think both make you a KNVB who needs sensitivity training.

Now stop posting here- I need to finish this fcuking tender.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
One, Yoda is slower than me and I did not feel the need to be all that close to a not so dangerous threat.
Funny, you say that when i setup my teammates time and time again in the 18, and you kept calling the mid back to check me. :)

LFC2 said:
:D Second, Yoda's team mates did not seem to want or maybe have the confidence in getting him the ball.
I'll agree with ya there. I stood wide open a couple of times, looking over my shoulder waiting for you to catch up, but never got the ball. I voiced my concerns at half.

LFC2 said:
As far as the whack, that felt good. There was enough ball to cover up the maliciousness of the tackle. In the end a mistake as the guy they threw in to replace him was much faster and proved to be the end of my day.

You couldn't have waited a minute longer, i was being subbed anyways? He just seemed faster because you were more tired from me running circles around you.

Laughing at dude was funny though. Ref was an idiot. Didn't flinch when i told him to "Blow his ****ing whistle!!", after getting hit from behind and missing a hand ball in the 18. He then proceeded to call me for obstruction when i shielded the ball.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Laughing at dude was funny though. Ref was an idiot. Didn't flinch when i told him to "Blow his ****ing whistle!!", after getting hit from behind and missing a hand ball in the 18. He then proceeded to call me for obstruction when i shielded the ball.
Usually the team that wins does not say much about the ref but in this case I would say I agree with both sides comments about this guy.I just have a feeling with the turnover of all the aging refs that they are pushing these guys too soon.This guy along with last weeks man in the middle should not be doing the higher levels as they are no where near ready.Last weeks ref was being evaluated and had the I want it to be about me theory. Well maybe I'm just mad cause I got a Red Card :mad: for kicking a ball at a player after he ran into me with the ball in my hands but oh well. I mean it's soccer I kicked a ball at someone big fricken deal,I even missed the guy for god sakes I can see if I had good aim and beemed him in the back of the head like I tried to. Anyways I spoke to the guy evaluating him after the game and let him know if this guy is gonna be doing Premier games in the near future what an embarrasment to the fvsl. I wonder if that is gonna help my chances of getting only one game :rolleyes: . I guess I will find out tonight.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well apparently it did not help my chances I got 2 games :mad: . Millsy wanna play in net again,I know I know your middle aged and your legs hurt playing two games in one weekend.For now on when I'm mad I will punch people and not be so vicious by kicking a ball at someone :rolleyes: .What a load of crap 2 games I can honestly say that I'm embarrassed to have some of these guys ref our games and I stress the word SOME as we have our share of great guys representing the FVSL as men in the middle.This guy has balding little man syndrome and may even have small weiner syndrome as well which may explain things.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 2 Poco 0

Good game, semi clean. GEU got a couple early goals and held on the rest of the way. Poco with no subs and no help from the premier boys today. Guess they couldn't risk getting cards for their cup run.

Looks like we're back tied for the lead and 1 more win will make the league title ours.

Thansk to Jeremy for playing in net for us this week. Did a great job. Cheers

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 5 - Sikh United 0

Fcuking atrocious display by our squad today....we just didn't want to play and it showed out there. PAU had no problems running all over us. Our depth problems reared again and we were a hobbled bunch.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, your math is off, no doubt G.E.U will win the league but for now you will still be in second.
On our game summary against S.U.F.C Big T seemed to clarify the situation on Sunday they just did not want to play. The game was ended early because of this. Big T what is up with your team showing up at kick off leaving yourself and another warming up. Brutal !!!

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
Yoda, your math is off, no doubt G.E.U will win the league but for now you will still be in second.
On our game summary against S.U.F.C Big T seemed to clarify the situation on Sunday they just did not want to play. The game was ended early because of this. Big T what is up with your team showing up at kick off leaving yourself and another warming up. Brutal !!!

We've had some major depth problems for our CAT team and it gets worse and worse every week. We got a bunch of guys who don't know how to tell time and the rest say they are gonna show but don't.....its a fcuked up situation.....hopefully next year we get rid of the plumbers that don't want to play with heart.

Our two teams have had some good battles in the summer league and if we fielded our summer team the results would be better for us.

Yesterday's team couldn't win Div 4 if we were the only team in it. :eek: ;) :D

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs Poco

Caught a bit of the game on Sunday, good work lads. 3 points closer to league bragging rights. Just one comment on the Poco squad. No disrespect but the average age of that team is older than GEU's Master League team. I thought the CAT team was to help develop younger players thrown in with a couple cagy veterans like Yoda and Girth? :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny you mention that- a number of the Premier guys from Saturday were new to me, and they were missing vets like Snowman, Chris Peat...but had young Joey in the line-up, who has spent most of his time w/ Cat over the past two years.

Maybe the Cat squad has tuned into the team where all the disgruntled vets are retreating to?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
Ah yes, you are correct. Was just hoping you guys would lose to SUFC, but by the sounds of it i don't think you guys intentionally lose to them.

Math was never my strong point anyways.
:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Strong Smelling Points.

Yoda said:
Math was never my strong point anyways.
:D

As your devoted fans and followers we here in Langley are waiting for you to finally reveal your strong points.... or even a single strong point. Or shite even just a point.!!

:wa:

Was hoping to down some pints with you at the GEU/LUFC match but it looks to be postponed or something? Guess we will have to wait till June when your fields dry up or whatever.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cancelled

GEU/Chilli game time decision to postpone it. :rolleyes:
The game could have been decided last night and saved the Chilli players from making the trip.
Sorry guys.

Guess we wait 1 more week to clinch the league title..........hopefully.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cancelled

Yoda and friends,

Don't you guys check the fields the evening before, or was there alot of rain this morning? I was sleeping in so heck if I know..lol.

Anyhow sounds like you guys have had enough piss about your fields so I won't point mention it again after this.

I think in the event of field closures that are not "blanket" the game should be re-scheduled at the VISITING teams convenience/location etc. which hopefully next season for you GEU guys will be in another district... with fields-a-plently..

Once again I return to point out the nice scheduling. We have sat idle for 2 weeks now waiting for a game.

Any other results in yet?

PS: Any cat teams entering the 7/7 Tourney that the FVSL is blessing us with?

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch is in on the 7a side tourney. A comment on the G.E.U game with Chilli, shame on G.E.U not to do a field check prior to the Wack showing up. Did the sky all of a sudden open up to discover that there was standing water prior to the Wack driving 1hr not to have a game. Total bullshit Knowing that I was playing Chilli, going out before hand to check on the field should be common practice. For fock sake get your head out your ass F.V.S.L should be collecting on behalf of the Wack for at least gas money. Cheers.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, check your math once again if you win you will be tied for first two wins will give you league title. "Space invaders champ", geeks usually have there shite sorted.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Belfast I am correct unless you misunderstood my post. We wait 1 more week to get a win and that clinches the league.
With that next win we would be tied with you and Langley (assuming they win thier last). We would then win on records against both of you.
You are also wrong in that i am no longer space invaders champ.

As far as the todays postponed game, the fields were played on yesterday and were deemed fine to play on so i guess they figured they would be OK today. It is rare that those fields are in bad enough shape to cancel a game on game day. The field was inspected and the coach even went out to try and make the field into playable conditions so don't think we just sat at home and twiddled our thumbs.
We didn't cancel the game, the ref did. We were fully prepared to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0