Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
A comment on the G.E.U game with Chilli, shame on G.E.U not to do a field check prior to the Wack showing up. Did the sky all of a sudden open up to discover that there was standing water prior to the Wack driving 1hr not to have a game. Total bullshit Knowing that I was playing Chilli, going out before hand to check on the field should be common practice. For fock sake get your head out your ass F.V.S.L should be collecting on behalf of the Wack for at least gas money. Cheers.

Cheers mate! You took the words right out of many of the mouths of us who drove out to the Ridge for the game today and knowing that quite likely it was going to be cancelled anyhow. Once there, the GEU coach suggested that we all drive out to Mission in the hopes of finding a field to play on. Come on boys, this is simple stuff. Get your shite together! But hell, we enjoyed the sunny Sunday drive! :rolleyes:

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, you do not want your name tarnished with the likes of P.a.U and Langley sharing the limelite. That would read 1st place on behalf of three teams. You want to say table leaders alone, which will happen only after you have the ramaining teams show up to your grounds to have the game cancelled. Sorry about the space invaders thing would not want to feel the rath next time we meet.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob, if your interested I might need some players for Sundays season ender vs. Aldergrove. I will be missing at least two players, and with cup play still a factor I will most likely not have any prem's. Let me know if you are interested.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC Liquor Draw - When the hell is this draw lads?! Is it phantom? Like bertrum in Penticton? I want to collect my fridge of beer for GEU. TheRob? Suburbanator? LFC? What gives? :confused: :D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
LFC Liquor Draw - When the hell is this draw lads?! Is it phantom? Like bertrum in Penticton? I want to collect my fridge of beer for GEU. TheRob? Suburbanator? LFC? What gives? :confused: :D

Its old news, but you can still buy tickets ;) . The draw was held about 3 weeks ago at our club meeting. The prize went to some lady no one knew..lol.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub,
I'll take 2 tickets.

Wack,
Will you guys be showing up on Sunday after last weeks fiasco?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU-3 Chilli-0

Good game by GEU today as we came to play today.First half fairly even with alot of the play in the middle of the park.Second half was ours as the boys started pushing thru and hit the net.Player of the match was Robby Martin as he pushed up from the mid to setup the first and finish them off with scoring a beauty on the last. It's been a great weekend for GEU as we both won our respected leagues with two games still remaining.Hats off to our coach Len who at 50 years of age put the cleats on and ran around for a bit out there although I still think he should keep his day job as he is a far better coach than player at this stage of the game ;) .

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: LUFC ALD

Belfast said:
Any word on the Langley vs Aldergrove match. Cheers to G.E.U.

Yeah.. The game sucked. And SURPRISE... Langley tied again.

Aldergrove went up 1-nil early on a shot our keeper should have had, after Mcneil got skinned as last man back. The Dude tied the game up after performing an armed robbery and then breaking in alone on a stunned and shockingly tall keeper. Aldergrove went ahead again with about 20 mins to go on a nice cracker from 25 yards. We tied it up again on a volley in the 18 from our Goal scoring leader Dustin Obrien.

We played well at times but had no continuity.

Aldergrove coach busted a left nut when one of our Premier players showed up just after half time, "HELLO ALDERGROVE, PREMIER PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY IN CAT, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME..." Weird that they'd be upset I am pretty sure one, if not both of their strikers were involved in the Premier system at some time this season.

But anyhow, pretty meaningless game, battle for 3rd/4th? Especially nice since we have not played in three weeks. The schedule ended up seeing us play only 5 Games in the last 10 weeks.

Ref was a chic and although she liked to dish out verbal beatings she called a straight forward game.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub, the reason for the update was if Aldergrove had won and beat Chilli in there last game they would of clinched 2nd. We where hoping for you guys to win but a tie will do. Cheers.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub summed it up...a lackluster performance by Langley. We looked good at times, it seemed, when we wanted to. But, the fact is that offensively, that Aldergrove team has no business scoring more than one goal on any given day. I say that because their #17 is a talented striker who can make something happen on his own.

Defensively, they tackle hard, and are big and strong in the back. We only had about 4 real great opportunities. Their keeper made a mind boggling save with about 1 minute to go, and they had another great opportunity by Dustin blocked. I guess you could count my header over the bar in the dying minutes, but with that keeper's height and agility, the shots have to be either full crackers or low on the pitch to beat him.

For me, the season goes into the books as a "woulda coulda" season. I honestly believe that if the core of the Cat team were to train together on a regular basis, we would have won the division. We definitely underachieved, given some of the talent we have.

Congrats to GEU on a great showing this year- really turned the program around- and PAU for their consistency & resilience.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
Sub, the reason for the update .

Yeah I figured as much, congrats to your squad for a good second half and clinching 2nd place.

Hats off to GEU for the division Title as well.. Overall the cat league saw major improvment this year. Nice to see teams from Chilliwack and Aldergrove in the mix. Hopefully as per our league meeting, we will force all premier teams to field a cat team allowing us to have a semi-normal schedule.

PS: DUDE - Despite what "EDGAR" says I think you played a strong 90. Where as Edgar only played a strong 40. 40 Oz that is.

PPS: Although our game was lacking fireworks, Dino provided the entertainment after the match when he streaked the field in the Church league co-ed match that followed ours.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, did I want to kick that guy in the cnut when he said that..."Nice to see you start running in the second." "The goal you scored was a fluke."

My only goal of the game came in the first, when I ran down the sweeper, striped him, fought off a tackle from behind, and beat a very good keeper. But, it was a fluke. OK. :rolleyes:

Isn't that guy a marginal player on a terrible 3rd division team or something?

Personally, I thought my first was more effective than my 2nd because I was getting good service to my feet. I little flick to assist Dustin on his marker didn't hurt my ego, though. ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob...probably along the lines of "Lady Gravity" type. She was actually, IMO, the best official we've had all year. Very fair, and let the physical play go a bit.

If she were there, Dino would have. On a side note, I didn't know Dino shaved...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could be at the expense of Yoda's knee.

As Rigger said, "should have got rid of the ball sooner".
:rolleyes:

Oh well, gave me some time to hit the arcade.
:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: Marginal Div Three'r

Dude said:
Isn't that guy a marginal player on a terrible 3rd division team or something?
;)

Yeah he is now, I think he's about 36. Unfortunately for him, I believe he used to play with one of the ethnic based MVSL teams, but that was years ago.

He's also going to europe for like the 5th time to watch the Cup play. *BASTARD*

So hes an "allstar" spectator.... .... . .

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tommorrows game GEU vs SUFC is now a six pointer as SUFC phoned our coach and asked if instead of playing two final games of the season against each other it could be one worth double the points. prediction GEU-4 SUFC-0 and girth to score a beauty as he may be playing out again :eek: . All I know is my body aches from last nights tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0