Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
holy shite I didn't know about this...but we play chilli and aldergrove 4 X......thats a lot of travel. I always get lost in the boonies. :D

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So why is the Geu cat team so good this year? Is it because of all the youth they added or is it because they got rid of all that old baggage on the team.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: SCHEDULING

I sent an email to the league executive today, they think it was a mistake and are looking to correct it. They were not aware of the situation.

Obviously with 7 teams, and 18 games it is very EASY to play each team 3x. I understand they are using a new software program this year for scheduling, perhaps it was made by Microsoft.

Cheers....and sorry Poco, you don't get to beat us up for 12 points this year.

:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Sheep
So why is the Geu cat team so good this year?

Lets see, They are two games into the season............ I am sure they are a top 3 team but are they really any better than last year?? They were a strong team last year.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth

You hit the nail on the head.

But since we can't seem to get rid of him, we still have him. As mentioned earlier in this thread we only have 6 returning players from last year.
We have added some strong youth players and yes, rid ourselves of excess baggage.
We will only continue to improve as we will be getting some college players back when their season is over.

But then again, we are only 2 games into the season and things can change in a hurry.

Interesting that the league hadn't noticed the scheduling mix up.
I hope they get it resolved.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 2 - PAU 1

Langley mucked out a 2-1 over PAU this afternoon. Nice pitch as usual (Thanks Peace Arch Tax Payers). Not a very good looking game to watch as it was a little "awkward" looking at times. Peace arch did well to place some quick and mobile strikers on our oversized defence. We contained them well however they had a Full back joining the rush all afternoon that was causing us some man-marking issues.... They were unlucky not to finish a couple chances off. Chances were about even with both teams having several, someone however forgot the side order of "finish".

Langley struck first out of the midfield (Travis) and also had a goal called back in the first 2 minutes.

Pau tied the game up and there was no further scoring till about the 85th Minute when former Pau player Paddy ran under a extremely long kick by the Langley keeper and slotted it behind the PAU netminder.

Pleased with the result, but I am still not pleased with our overall performance. I am looking forward to some good matches after our break for the "bye"....

PS: I will add that I watched the first 45 of the PAU PREM Vs. ND LIONS (Former Cat) team...... score was 2-2 at the half with ND holding MOST of the play and being in PAU's end of the pitch for nearly 35 out of 45.
ND's #6? scored a cracker of a goal after beating 3 PAU players from center on in. Linsey? From ND was all over his over-aged defender at times and drew fouls to boot..... The ND Defence looked suspect though and I wish I could have watched the 2nd half to see the end results.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/Aldergrove

GEU-4 ALD-0

All I can say is Dave Nedik got another 3 goals to make it 8 in 3 games:eek: .The guy is on fire and is playing his best soccer right now. GEU looked good again today and Aldergrove had a tough time PENETRATING our backline,although Yoda had no problem:eek: . Side note Yoda scored a beauty today and the keeper had no chance.

Terrminator

Nov 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs Chilliwack

Poco lost today. Chilliwack wanted it more right from the first whistle played hard. The ref however had a factor in the outcome awarding a penalty shot to Chilliwack on a questionable call and sending two Poco players off for questioning his calls with f-bombs included. He was a nightmare I hope the rest of you don't see him. At one point he gave a drop ball to a Chilliwack player only. On to next week.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Poco vs Chilliwack

Originally posted by Terrminator
I hope the rest of you don't see him. At one point he gave a drop ball to a Chilliwack player only.

If you are unhappy with the ref's performance it is important you fill out a referee report (Your Coaching Staff should do this). Its the only way the FVSL knows whos doing a good job, and who is not. Once a ref gets enough bad reports or GOOD reports he can be promoted or demoted accordingly.

GJ Chilliwack on the win, they are a much improved team over last season.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/Grove

The Grove never realy got many good chances although they had 1 cracker that Girth saved brilliantly.

We had a few moments of panic but held on for the shutout.

As mentioned I potted my first of the season, and Netik with another hat trick to bring his season total to 8.

On Fire! He's scored more himself, than every team in our league!

PS: Don't know how long this will last, hopefully all season, but if you check the standings from Premeir down to Div3A, you'll see a common similarity amongst the standings.

:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedule Changes?

Is the league going to change our schedules around at all?

I was just looking at Langley's schedule.
Week 1 Chilliwack - Away
Week 2 Peace Arch - Home
Week 3 Peace Arch - Away
Week 4 Bye
Week 5 Poco - Home
Week 6 Poco - Away

:confused:

What the hell is that.
That goes along with the scheduling stuff i posted a while back where we play some teams 4 times and others 2.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you surprised? The Premier coach is the same isn't he? Why would he bring someone who is lighting it up in?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moving on up

Netik played yesterday............................outside mid.
:rolleyes:

It's probably the right place for him because we had an outside mid playing forward.

That's the logical roster move isn't it? Put the guy who's scored 8 goals on outside mid and the guy he hasn't scored yet up front?

No offence to that guy up front of course.

;)

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting...

Originally posted by LucVanLierde
Interesting that a guy who is as hot as Nedik is right now, is on the cat team.

Kind of like you Luc, scores lots in div 2 but can't score in premier.:eek: Nedik will get his shot, he should be playing Premier. Numbers right now a problem for the club. 20 guys for both CAT and Premier yesterday.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Moving on up

Originally posted by Yoda
That's the logical roster move isn't it? Put the guy who's scored 8 goals on outside mid and the guy he hasn't scored yet up front?No offence to that guy up front of course.;)

I never said the coach was a genious. No offence taken Yoda.:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Schedule Changes?

Originally posted by Yoda
Is the league going to change our schedules around at all?

I asked Neil again at the PAU / ND Premier Game and he said they were looking into it. I suggested they look into it rather quickly because once we have all played a few more games, it will be difficult to correct. I am sure they will get something done.

Our turf looks almost completely finished, Hopefully for next home game!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

The streak continues!

GEU 3 - Chilliwack 0

Netik also continues his steak with another goal. Chilliwack is a good team and will definately improve in the standings from last year.
Girth made a couple of great saves to keep the shutout. Goals came from free kicks. Corner, and free kicks.

On the PAU next week........................AGAIN! Game 2 of 4 vs. PAU
:rolleyes:

Terrminator

Nov 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs Pau

Poco won 3-1. Not one of the better games we have played. We had to wait 25 minutes to start because no ref showed. PA found a ref walking past the pitch who was nice enough to do the job. We scored the first goal early against the play. After Two PK's for PA the game was tied. We then scored two goals lat in the second half to get the result. Not a pretty win but we'll take the result.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0