Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - September 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
First result of the year. 2 nilly Gunners.

Not the team I remember from the last couple seasons, but a few familiar faces... This teams no pushover, but I didn't think they had too many REALLY good chances. I felt if they had a real quality striker they could have definately had a couple. The big bald dutch guy was on the sideline... He's usually pretty dangerous. I talked to him after the game and he said he was having knee surgery, shitty beans for Dynamo becasue I thought he could have made a difference. Good luck the rest of the way boys

Cheers

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lufc Dynamo vs. PM............Dynamo 0 PM 2

Scrappy goal in the first half, then a good tap in from a cross in the second. They had more chances and probably close to 75% possession. We didn't show up, didn't play as a team, and for another season running: we started things off with an all around poor performance. Saw some familiar faces tonight in the PM squad, and with the newly promoted PM Prem team also in action tonight; perhaps some of the div.1 PM players who won promotion last year didn't want to make the move up to Prem.?

Anyway, PM look pretty good again this year, but it's hard to say how good: being the first game of the season and all, plus with our play tonight we pretty much grabbed are ankles from the get go.

next week Peace Arch Selects

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Strikers won 2-1 over Stolo...Stolo didnt look to bad either.
And have some nice kits too. Strikers shame on you guys for looking like a div 3 team with shorts and sox all mixed and not matching. Looks bad on any team if you cant have matching kit. Take your bottles in and buy some team sox guys.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Strikers won 2-1 over Stolo...Stolo didnt look to bad either.
And have some nice kits too. Strikers shame on you guys for looking like a div 3 team with shorts and sox all mixed and not matching. Looks bad on any team if you cant have matching kit. Take your bottles in and buy some team sox guys.

Ask KNVB, we have nice matching kits coming :D Plus if guys from last year brought their jersey's back that would help too.

It was 2-1 in a game I really don't know how to describe. On one hand it was nice, we had total control of the game and were creating chances at will. Unfortunately our finish that we have had evaded us and we missed A LOT of easy chances, so we only had a 2-0 lead. They then start pushing forward so we decide to defend which was a stupid idea as it gave them all possession, but we held on for the 2-1 win. Will have to be much, much better next week to avoid being embarrassed by the Rangers.

2 questions for the ref's on this site:
If a guy runs after the play, grabs a player from behind, puts him a headlock and cocks his fist to punch, only to be grabbed and stopped really only get a yellow? Especially when it was out of nowhere?

When a team makes a sub to have a guy take off jewelry, then the get a PK while subbed guy is still off, can he just run on to the field and take it? Found out last night apparently he can. The other guy eventually left the field, and I guess for being a douche the guy shanked the PK badly.

Sentinel be ready for a lot of cards next week, these guys come in studs up all the time, feet near the face and are cheap as shite. Well not all of them but you'll know who pretty quick. Plus you play them at their park.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First result of the year. 2 nilly Gunners.

Not the team I remember from the last couple seasons, but a few familiar faces... This teams no pushover, but I didn't think they had too many REALLY good chances. I felt if they had a real quality striker they could have definately had a couple. The big bald dutch guy was on the sideline... He's usually pretty dangerous. I talked to him after the game and he said he was having knee surgery, shitty beans for Dynamo becasue I thought he could have made a difference. Good luck the rest of the way boys

Cheers

Top striker was sitting a carried over 1 game suspension from last season, and yes the Bald guy (lol @ nate) is rehabing... that being said, for me that was not a good enough excuse for not showing up in the first 60 mins.

We didn't finish tackles, and basically played summer soccer for the opening 60 mins, failing to play the ball to feet, or making the easy passes. That is a tough pitch to get used to with the width, and the fact that it is rubber pellets sitting on something green purchased from "End of the Roll" doesn't help.

Anyhow... next!

Sub.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ask KNVB, we have nice matching kits coming :D Plus if guys from last year brought their jersey's back that would help too.

It was 2-1 in a game I really don't know how to describe. On one hand it was nice, we had total control of the game and were creating chances at will. Unfortunately our finish that we have had evaded us and we missed A LOT of easy chances, so we only had a 2-0 lead. They then start pushing forward so we decide to defend which was a stupid idea as it gave them all possession, but we held on for the 2-1 win. Will have to be much, much better next week to avoid being embarrassed by the Rangers.

2 questions for the ref's on this site:
If a guy runs after the play, grabs a player from behind, puts him a headlock and cocks his fist to punch, only to be grabbed and stopped really only get a yellow? Especially when it was out of nowhere?

When a team makes a sub to have a guy take off jewelry, then the get a PK while subbed guy is still off, can he just run on to the field and take it? Found out last night apparently he can. The other guy eventually left the field, and I guess for being a douche the guy shanked the PK badly.

Sentinel be ready for a lot of cards next week, these guys come in studs up all the time, feet near the face and are cheap as shite. Well not all of them but you'll know who pretty quick. Plus you play them at their park.

Was the guy who grab your teammate in a headlock playing right defence...stocky guy or was it their 90 pound sweeper?

I warned you that they come in studs up and late to everything.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the guy who grab your teammate in a headlock playing right defence...stocky guy or was it their 90 pound sweeper?

I warned you that they come in studs up and late to everything.

Was a stocky guy, but they were pushing everyone forward so I'm not sure were he was playing, not on the right though. I'm almost glad we missed all those chances, how bad would have been if we scored 50% of them and were up 5 or 6 - 0? I still wonder what they do in practice, sit there strikers 50 yards from everyone else and lump the ball up to practice flick-on's? They are going to have a lot of trouble if they play kick and run every single time up the park.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top striker was sitting a carried over 1 game suspension from last season, and yes the Bald guy (lol @ nate) is rehabing... that being said, for me that was not a good enough excuse for not showing up in the first 60 mins.

We didn't finish tackles, and basically played summer soccer for the opening 60 mins, failing to play the ball to feet, or making the easy passes. That is a tough pitch to get used to with the width, and the fact that it is rubber pellets sitting on something green purchased from "End of the Roll" doesn't help.

Anyhow... next!

Sub.

Sub...please dont tell me you had to play at Port Moody turf behind the arena. That turf is not only shite, its dangerous!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM have a great homefield advantage because of the hardwood. They'll all be retiring from the game in three years because of the added wear and tear, but man- they can sure get up and down the pitch in a hurry down there.

Unlucky Subby. Tell me JK is still feeling fit for tonight?

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched this game for a bit. There was the Surrey United vs. ICST Peg on the field next and my brother was playing so I watched a bit of both. Wow the strikers looked damn fast... and stolo looks skilled... very fast soccer on a very fast pitch! Saw some magic ball movement by the strikers and thought they would have potted a few more... looked more like a 4-1 game than a 2-1 game

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see Rodzilla's div 2 sandbagger's get humped at John Oliver.

Kjohnsob will all do respect Rodzilla needs pictures to display the lost....

Rodzilla got humped all over John Oliver last night...click on picture for full effect

Attachments

• bunny.gif
    bunny.gif
    75.3 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars