Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, I am little surprised that Peace Arch swept aside the rangers by that type of scoreline. Puts a bit more pressure on us, but thats what we need. Looking forward to the challenge, especially when old pals like JBN are writing us off. Hey White Rock man mark that guy with the shaved head up front.See ya Tuesday Trin

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me too, our D1 team had been struggling for players, and I know a couple of our guys went out and played last night but to see the Rangers let in 5 surprised me too. What happened?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, I am little surprised that Peace Arch swept aside the rangers by that type of scoreline. Puts a bit more pressure on us, but thats what we need. Looking forward to the challenge, especially when old pals like JBN are writing us off. Hey White Rock man mark that guy with the shaved head up front.See ya Tuesday Trin

ya, hoping white rock pulls off a big win against DFC that would help the rest of us out a lot ! how the hell do the rangers concede 5 to peace arch ?!? makes the race to finish even more interesting.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch B is a very good side that has battled injuries to key players all year... I knew they had most if not all of their horses back for that must win game last night... plus the rangers have so many games to play, the urgency wasn't really on them.
Artie, I'm not writing you off, I just don't think you guys will beat either side you got coming up

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch B is a very good side that has battled injuries to key players all year... I knew they had most if not all of their horses back for that must win game last night... plus the rangers have so many games to play, the urgency wasn't really on them.
Artie, I'm not writing you off, I just don't think you guys will beat either side you got coming up

That's the definition of writing someone off lol

Injury-Prone

Sep 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We started the game strong and they were flat. We popped the first 4 and had the run of play for the first half. As they seem to always do, however, Rangers stormed back with a cracker of a free-kick followed up by 2 goals (a breakaway and a third I don't really remember). After that we regained control and bagged a 5th for some security with 5-10 to go. Good game Rangers, nervy at times but fun. We apologize for our keeper's... let's just say "odd fall", though he swears your guy got him with an elbow.

We had to be pretty much perfect after January to ensure safety from relegation and we did it, aside from a tie against Port Moody (which we deserved to win). We had a terrible mid-season due to a loss of some key players, which is the same excuse everyone uses, but look forward to a more consistent next year. Good luck Dewdney, but I hope Langley grabs that last D1 spot so we don't have to spend $8 just to cross over that eye-sore of a bridge to play you away :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Arthur.

TW is a great addition to the FVSL Premier league, if they use the league as a place to play their red-shirts and bubble players, and Varcity players when the University season expires.

As far as "quality" is concerned, the league couldn't ask for a better representative moving into the top flight.

Will also change the way Langley goes about recruiting Premier level players, though I think that process started this season w/ the change in coaches.

Congrats TW.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reminder that the bottom 6 teams will go to the NEW 10 team Division 2 next season and join the top 4 teams from Division 2.

· 1st Place – TWU Titans go to Premier
· 2nd Place – 1 game playoff vs. Premier 9th place (to be played at Cup Final Day April 2)
· Bottom 6 to Division 2

Good luck to all teams as you finish the 2010/2011 season!

Regards,

Thomas Mills

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
On that note.....coyotes 2 - 2 ndsc 'b'...... we are now on our way down to div 2 after last nights draw against nd in a close game. Both teams missed chances in the first half with nd missing the best chance when our keeper made a big save on their striker in close. We scored first off a corner after nd failed to clear a header that their keeper brought down and our guy slotted in his rebound from in close. Nd scored within 10 mins after a bad play in our own third. Then nd were awarded a pk that they shouldn't have received after their guy went down tripping over his feet when our guy was about to go in for a challenge, the ref thought our guy fouled him but he didn't. But the soccer gods came through and our keep made a huge save with our div 1 hopes on the line to deny them of the lead. We then scored of a free kick from about 20 yds out in the last 5 mins of the game to take the lead, dunno what happened but we went into panic defend mode and took a series of unnecessary fouls near the corner and after a messy scramble the nd guys tied it up with 2-3 mins to go, ruining our chances of staying up since we needed all 3 points. Very very tough way to go down after one of our best performances of the season but too little too late.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was under the impression that only the 10th place team went down this year from premier. There was no indication of the 9th place team playing the 2nd place team on the promotion/relegation rules for this season. Definitly puts us in jeapordy of playing in that game unfortunatly.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like LUFC Dynamo are going down after the game against the rangers lastnight . So DFC Razorbacks stay up!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like LUFC Dynamo are going down after the game against the rangers lastnight . So DFC Razorbacks stay up!

What if ACBC win both games in hand? Dont know if they played a mid week game. Just looking at the standings on the website and they can tie DFC if they win their 2 games in hand

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if ACBC win both games in hand? Dont know if they played a mid week game. Just looking at the standings on the website and they can tie DFC if they win their 2 games in hand

They're going to have to beat us tonight, and I we play the way we did last week vs ND I think it will be a dificult gm for them tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0