Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if ACBC win both games in hand? Dont know if they played a mid week game. Just looking at the standings on the website and they can tie DFC if they win their 2 games in hand

Its unlikely that ACBC will beat both the Yotes and the Gooners but it still don't matter. From the constitution:

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams

ACBC 3 - DFC 1
DFC 7 - ACBC 2

DFC takes it 8-5 on aggregate.

That said, are the Waderbacks interested in playing Div 1 next year or will they give up their spot? RBKS???

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its unlikely that ACBC will beat both the Yotes and the Gooners but it still don't matter. From the constitution:

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams

ACBC 3 - DFC 1
DFC 7 - ACBC 2

DFC takes it 8-5 on aggregate.

That said, are the Waderbacks interested in playing Div 1 next year or will they give up their spot? RBKS???

if DFC doesn't plan on staying up, who will take their spot ??? maybe the rangers moving to masters next year? doubt it, but you never know....

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well i am out of retirement for 1 post....reason is i couldn't resist after seeing dude on sat in langley! Good to see ya.
Now the real reason, erm. Sentinel....
So i was taking a look at the FVSL web site and had a large chuckle when i saw sentinel tied stolo. With respect to stolo, I welled up with happiness to see such a mightly team fall short AGAIN in coming through with ANYTHING after they shoot their mouths off. Let me recap, many times in the past they have opened their allstar mouths and called our team old and DONE. If I recall, we did in fact win a cup this season and had to defeat some very good teams. In PAK, which of course we lost, we played 2 premier teams and lost. Sure we are disappointed, but our hearts felt lighter after realizing we seem to have finished ahead of the allstar team once again. HMMM, I guess this old shitty team of aging losers seemed to have won another cup. ODD really, It is weird how a team that plays for one another seems to win no matter what. Finally in a season in which tons of injuries finally caught up with the Rangers (we are old apparently, thus the obvious), we still find solice in the fact we finished ahead of Sentinel. We found ourselves playing teams after the Pak loss who had must win games in which we had nothing to play for. Thank you for giving us motivation in games where we clearly had little reason to play. Props to those who we played, I took no happiness in defeating the Langley crew but we had to win to finish ahead. thank you again sentinel.
To finish, please use both hands to calculate how many cups we have won, how many provincials we have attended and then shoot your mouths off. The rangers have always been old FYI, remember respect comes to those who earn it.....not who claim it. If you need more ego, go back to div 3 and run the score again. Just my 2 cents, I am done.
Hope everyone is well on this thread, see you around.
stepchild
PS Jimmy, we dont know once again if we are going masters......yet....if we keep defeating the young allstars why would we go ...

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
well i am out of retirement for 1 post....reason is i couldn't resist after seeing dude on sat in langley! Good to see ya.
So i was taking a look at the FVSL web site and had a large chuckle when i saw sentinel tied stolo. With respect to stolo, I welled up with happiness to see such a mightly team fall short AGAIN in coming through with ANYTHING after they shoot their mouths off. Let me recap, many times in the past they have opened their allstar mouths and called our team old and DONE. If I recall, we did in fact win a cup this season and had to defeat some very good teams. In PAK, which of course we lost, we played 2 premier teams and lost. Sure we are disappointed, but our hearts felt lighter after realizing we seem to have finished ahead of the allstar team once again. HMMM, I guess this old shitty team of aging losers seemed to have won another cup. ODD really, It is weird how a team that plays for one another seems to win no matter what. Finally in a season in which tons of injuries finally caught up with the Rangers (we are old apparently, thus the obvious), we still find solice in the fact we finished ahead of Sentinel. We found ourselves playing teams after the Pak loss who had must win games in which we had nothing to play for. Thank you for giving us motivation in games where we clearly had little reason to play. Props to those who we played, I took no happiness in defeating the Langley crew but we had to win to finish ahead. thank you again sentinel.
To finish, please use both hands to calculate how many cups we have won, how many provincials we have attended and then shoot your mouths off. The rangers have always been old FYI, remember respect comes to those who earn it.....not who claim it. If you need more ego, go back to div 3 and run the score again. Just my 2 cents, I am done.
stepchild
PS Jimmy, we dont know once again if we are going masters......yet....if we keep defeating the young allstars why would we go ...

I am not to sure where all your hate comes from, but maybe you should seek counselling, is it because we turned down your offer for Sentinel and Rangers to merge in the off-season? Which you tried so hard for, to become the all-mighty Rangers? Yes sure it would have been a very good team, but we didn't want to head in that direction just yet, you can't blame us for that. Im not sure why you are so upset? I didn't know it offended you so much. Relax bud. We went out to play Stolo, which was actually a fun game, in the pouring rain, and we were short players, we played with 10 guys, but in reality with 8 1/2 because guys were injuried but took the field because we didn't have enough guys. Im glad you are happy, im happy that your estastic to be finishing ahead of us, congrats on having twice the commitment level we have, id love to have that! And congrats on the cup, well done.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
acbc 1 - 2 coyotes..........soccer was bad as the weather tonight, just disgusting! refereeing was SHOCKING. we need more and better refs. full season has gone by havent received all of my ID cards that i had requested in september.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
acbc 1 - 2 coyotes..........soccer was bad as the weather tonight, just disgusting! refereeing was SHOCKING. we need more and better refs. full season has gone by havent received all of my ID cards that i had requested in september.

Or we need some sort of quality control for Refs. I mean you Ref as well Jimmy you should bring this up at the year-end meeting. I mean I don’t envy the Refs job, it’s a difficult job with so many players being so animated sometimes, but at least with guidelines and/or support the league can improve the situation.

Back to the game, that Ref did suck all the life out of the game. Slowed it down so much. I also didn't get that penalty he called either. The attacking player didn't go down at all in the box and in the process he tried deking and then jumping between two defenders. Ref called obstruction cause he was held up between the defenders? But there has to be some contact when you’re trying to deke and then jump between two defenders. :confused: Anywho.

You guys didn't play all that bad Jimmy, just needed a player here and there, unfortunate you guys are going down. See you next year.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
stepchild

If you do go to masters send Mataeo ( spellings probably wrong, my bad) The Celtics way. Fat Rabbit will finish the rest of the deal as they're good buddies. Sincerly Cascade :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back to the game, that Ref did suck all the life out of the game. Slowed it down so much. I also didn't get that penalty he called either. The attacking player didn't go down at all in the box and in the process he tried deking and then jumping between two defenders. Ref called obstruction cause he was held up between the defenders? But there has to be some contact when you’re trying to deke and then jump between two defenders. :confused: Anywho.

If a ref calls obstruction in the box is it not an indirect free kick and not a peno???

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a ref calls obstruction in the box is it not an indirect free kick and not a peno???

AskASoccerReferee.com:

“Obstruction” became “impeding the progress of an opponent” in 1997. impeding the progress of an opponent is defined in the Laws of the Game: “Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.” It is punished by an indirect free kick for the opposing team. In addition, “It is an offense to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e. g. at the taking of a corner kick.” In either case, if contact is initiated by the impeding player, this is considered to be the direct free kick foul of holding.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say D3. Would be quite the blow to be demoted 3 divisions to D4, but with that season, I can't see them being able to stay in D2 either.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or we need some sort of quality control for Refs. I mean you Ref as well Jimmy you should bring this up at the year-end meeting. I mean I don’t envy the Refs job, it’s a difficult job with so many players being so animated sometimes, but at least with guidelines and/or support the league can improve the situation.

You guys didn't play all that bad Jimmy, just needed a player here and there, unfortunate you guys are going down. See you next year.

He wasn't obstructed, he was fouled one of your guys swung his leg at our guy and got no ball only leg. That's a foul. And a player doesn't have to go down for a foul to be called. If someone walked up to you during a game and punched you in the face, you would be happy with no whitsle followed by a red card if you didn't go down? In regards to new offiials the league says the same thin every year " complete the referee performance form online and we will do ......." however we have referees like we did last night refereeing in this league at a div 1 level.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
He wasn't obstructed, he was fouled one of your guys swung his leg at our guy and got no ball only leg. That's a foul. And a player doesn't have to go down for a foul to be called. If someone walked up to you during a game and punched you in the face, you would be happy with no whitsle followed by a red card if you didn't go down? In regards to new offiials the league says the same thin every year " complete the referee performance form online and we will do ......." however we have referees like we did last night refereeing in this league at a div 1 level.

I'm talking about normal stuff during the game Jimmy, not UFC siht. Albeit I see your point, for example, one player slide-checks another player, misses the ball and swipes his leg but the offensive player still manages to stand, is a free kick at the least. But let me ask this question, if someone punched you in the face in the corner of the 18 yard box and you weren't in a scoring situation would that be a penalty?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm talking about normal stuff during the game Jimmy, not UFC siht. Albeit I see your point, for example, one player slide-checks another player, misses the ball and swipes his leg but the offensive player still manages to stand, is a free kick at the least. But let me ask this question, if someone punched you in the face in the corner of the 18 yard box and you weren't in a scoring situation would that be a penalty?

Of course it's one of the penal offenses (striking an opponent) and a clear send off offence, scoring chance or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0