Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish we had all four open ... but only two.

I honestly don't think we'll play Friday night due to the weather but who knows??

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish we had all four open ... but only two.

I honestly don't think we'll play Friday night due to the weather but who knows??

Will there be 4 open? Are they calling for snow. Have not heard the forcast? One of our teams played Tuesday night at Holly. Pretty cold but the turf was good.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't even have a key for a changeroom, so I guess its up to the Rangers. Though the 2 that are open barely fit a team in them. Either way, hoping for snow, we are going to have trouble getting 11, and that's with D3 call ups. Fcuk me, I'm turning into JTL.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had covered benches :D Hell, we were lucky Ryan was there to give us and the Rangers his key to open them.

Are we playing on the far newer turf with the cover? Or the one beside the rooms? Rangers are playing so it would be great if they could open them for us. One of the other D2 surrey teams took the away room last time we were there and the Rangers had the home room???

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we playing on the far newer turf with the cover? Or the one beside the rooms? Rangers are playing so it would be great if they could open them for us. One of the other D2 surrey teams took the away room last time we were there and the Rangers had the home room???

Old turf by the rooms. I'm fairly certain that only the home rooms will be open, and can guarantee no one will want to share. The one time we've had them we had guys standing and we only had 16 guys.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klew, why don't you have a pitch to train on? Doesn't SU at cloverdale offer you appropriate time?

By "SU" do you mean Surrey United? If so, we are not associated with any club, we pay for the home field at the beginning of the year, along with a practice field but weren't alotted one this year, had an opportunity for a quarter of Tom Binnie at some ridiculous time slot @ 10pm on a Wednesday, which is a bad day for our team as guys have classes and whatnot, and they wanted $700. So we passed on it thinking something else would be available but apparently not. Wanna share or donate some field time Stepchild? lol.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
By "SU" do you mean Surrey United? If so, we are not associated with any club, we pay for the home field at the beginning of the year, along with a practice field but weren't alotted one this year, had an opportunity for a quarter of Tom Binnie at some ridiculous time slot @ 10pm on a Wednesday, which is a bad day for our team as guys have classes and whatnot, and they wanted $700. So we passed on it thinking something else would be available but apparently not. Wanna share or donate some field time Stepchild? lol.

Can't whine. I told you where to find a nicely lit gravel field that's always open :D

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't whine. I told you where to find a nicely lit gravel field that's always open :D
By nicely lit gravel field, do you mean frozen ice rink with rocks on top? I'd rather have practice on my driveway. Gravel fields suck, and wrecks everything, balls, cleats, and obviously your body, lol especially when your a keeper, but I guess its better then nothing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk kids are soft.

Up till about 2005, MOST premier squads were training 2 x / week on gravel. I still have the scars from Brown Road park.

And we walked to school uphill, in snow, barefoot.

Weak-Sauce.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
By nicely lit gravel field, do you mean frozen ice rink with rocks on top? I'd rather have practice on my driveway. Gravel fields suck, and wrecks everything, balls, cleats, and obviously your body, lol especially when your a keeper, but I guess its better then nothing.

Well its frozen now, but not when I told you. Tell Patrick to stop being a pussy :D

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got the call from the club ... Newton is getting snowed on and it's sticking.

Rangers vs. PA Selects is cancelled.

Most likely this will cancel the Strikers match as well.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got the call from the club ... Newton is getting snowed on and it's sticking.

Rangers vs. PA Selects is cancelled.

Most likely this will cancel the Strikers match as well.

Really, I have received no such call. Though I have heard it's not snowing at 128th and 60th, which is pretty close so I doubt its sticking. Field closure site is listing as open as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0