Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just talked to one of our guys living near Newton and he says its fine out that way. Apparently the SFC coach said it looked ok. What the fcuk is going on out there???? The only good thing that could come of this is that I dont have to get changed out in the cold while both SFC teams hord the home and AWAY changerooms!!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just talked to one of our guys living near Newton and he says its fine out that way. Apparently the SFC coach said it looked ok. What the fcuk is going on out there???? The only good thing that could come of this is that I dont have to get changed out in the cold while both SFC teams hord the home and AWAY changerooms!!

No snow in surrey I take it they jumped at the chance to call the game when the 1mm came down. Here is to hoping the Athletics do the same thing tomorrow night.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had guys out there saying the same thing. I would have rather played the game instead of postponing it. Not sure who made the call but what can you do.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk kids are soft.

Up till about 2005, MOST premier squads were training 2 x / week on gravel. I still have the scars from Brown Road park.

And we walked to school uphill, in snow, barefoot. BOTH WAYS

Weak-Sauce.

You forgot the best part.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stal,

Our club always will close the field by about noon on game days if the conditions don't work. This isn't new man!!

I don't know how other clubs do it (last minute?) but SFC does it proactively to protect the players and the surfaces. Remember that we have 2000+ youth players in our club, and noone wants injuries!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stal,

Our club always will close the field by about noon on game days if the conditions don't work. This isn't new man!!

I don't know how other clubs do it (last minute?) but SFC does it proactively to protect the players and the surfaces. Remember that we have 2000+ youth players in our club, and noone wants injuries!

I totally understand, just really wanted to play. Off till Christmas now!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

That is how the valley does promotion/relegation. Two teams from different divisions play each other on Christmas day, if the lower teams wins they are promoted. Sometimes Div.3 teams jump straight to premier. We think it adds something to BC soccer kind of like the new BCPL.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am Stoked to see which D1 team upsets a Premier team in Cup this year!

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, I mentioned professional foul, and I feel like JBN here, but:

As far as I'm concerned, a breakaway is considered an obvious goalscoring opportunity, no?

Not necessarily.......distance, direction, and defenders......those are the three things that have to be looked at......before making the call as last man.........

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tell us about your playing days in the old 86ers, Cappy. You have immunity on Big Timing for this.

GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0