Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps 7 Dynamo 2...ouch.

We only had 7 guys and 1 sub. We had no water. Lights didn't come on in time. Ref didn't like us. It didn't rain but it looked like it might. Half-time score was 2-1 caps. Second half caps went up 4-1 then we made it 4-2, they scored their fifth with about 10 minutes left and we mentally folded and they scored two more. With a full-team, water, no threat of rain, some favor from the ref, and if we could see: who knows? Just throwing that out there.
We'll come without water next week to make things even!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My question Arthur...how many guys missed the biggest match of the year to attend a Grey Cup party?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Athletics had no business getting a point tonight.. Strikers were the better team on the whole.

Too many guys living off last Saturday night.

I'd say we let you back in, for some reason we decided to sit back and defend and you guys took it to us for the final 20. That said, game changes when your last man back takes Jamie out on his breakaway. Should have been a red, ref admitted after the game he didn't know that was a rule. We shouldn't have even been in that position but what can you do?

PS - rookie7 still in the hospital today, has a cracked esophagus suffered at some point in the second half. Shitty deal for sure, but he continued playing and got our second goal that should have sealed the 3.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll say it: we got lucky on that. I'll defend Josh to the death on this one...he had no choice, but I was expecting a red on that.

On a side note...how can he not know the rule? He had a FIFA patch. I thought otherwise he called a very good game.

Like I told you Stall...this is not "my" team anymore, and generally only go in when things are either going very right or very wrong, thus my 15 minutes in the 2nd.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll say it: we got lucky on that. I'll defend Josh to the death on this one...he had no choice, but I was expecting a red on that.

On a side note...how can he not know the rule? He had a FIFA patch. I thought otherwise he called a very good game.

Like I told you Stall...this is not "my" team anymore, and generally only go in when things are either going very right or very wrong, thus my 15 minutes in the 2nd.

No doubt he had to make that tackle, you guys have speed but not one guy on the pitch can catch Jamie. I really have no idea how he couldn't know that rule, and was as surprised as anyone when he admitted it.

Other than that he was good, I totally agree (thought the tying goal was off, but we kept inviting you guys in), hopefully we can play a full 90 against a very on form Delta team.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italian pony,

Your avatar is nasty man, looks like you got curb stomped by a chic with high heels on.

Titans Spokesman

Nov 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The TWU Titans won this past weekend 4-3 against the Aldergrove Utd. The game was a chippy afair that saw penalty kicks, own goals, and 4 goals scored in the second half alone.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welllllllll here it is. I can't fully say what happened because I stayed in Pomo for the div 2 game. Gunners led 1-0 at the 88 minute mark and somehow ended up losing 2-1.

I know we only had 11 going out to chilli on a saturday night because of some suspensions, guys work, injuries, and it was tough to draw any u-21s because they had a game out there at 9 on Friday night. I can't say I'd want to make the commute twice in one weekend either. But ya, the story i heard was that we should have been up by a couple more goals early, but we let them hang around and they made us pay DEARLY. Yes, these are excuses! But when you only lose once or twice a year ur entitled to a couple freebies, right? haha anyways thats my story and im stickin to it.

I heard one of the goals they got was way offside as well, but what do u expect with all the reffing horror stories we see.

Shocking weekend for the div 1 and prem programs this weekend but we hope to bounce back with W's from all 4 sides this week!

Sorry for the late response guys but i don't think anyone was really anxious to post the embarassing result.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0