Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to give the Caps credit ... they are young and well disciplined tactically. They are beatable however just not by us this past weekend. Their system of 4-5-1 with a high stopper effectively puts 4 Centre-Midfielders cycling down the middle.

We didn't adjust to their tactics in time ... although we were a brick wall defending for the first 65, they eventually capitalized on a mistake by a defender and scored.

This edition of the Rangers doesn't go for ties (leave that to the Tielanders) ... the Caps put another two in as we pressed a bit too forward. Our Div 2 call-up goaltender played great ... made some key stops in the first half.

Good match overall ... wish we played them again ... and at Newton!

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suggested he go with the Wattenachio like the real Rangers but that may have resulted in a riot.

The Wattenachio (LOL) would definitely work against the Caps ... I don't think one of them is 6' tall or over 160 lbs out there. I can see how they struggle against the more "hacker" type teams.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The same guy pulled that crap in our game and in the game against the strikers. Coincidence?
In our game, # 8 almost broke our defenders jaw as well.

Yeah - this #8 should be in MMA, he's not a footballer.

Robby Brown and discipline will be seeing this guy often.

canuck2008

Apr 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I give both teams credit. I was fortunate to referee this game and enjoyed every moment and would also highly agree with Bollocks .. The first half was even took some highly skilled players to break a tough defence in the 2nd half.. Thanks to both teams for the sportmanship and would love to do the re-match ..

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks wrote: Authur you muppet,

We've had 5 goals scored on us all year and you think the kids are going to score 4 or 5 on us in one game?

Give your head a shake

I guess I should give my head a shake, I predicted you guys would score!

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
this week's predictions with motw being athletics at newton vs the rangers.

SFC Rangers v LUFC Athletics...3-1
poco Revolution FC v Delta Utd Highlanders...2-2
LUFC Dynamo v North Delta FC...2-1
Stolo Utd v DFC Razorbacks...3-1
Abbotsford Arsenal v Port Moody Gunners...5-1
Whitecaps Prospects v Peace Arch Selects...4-0

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco Revolution FC v Delta Utd Highlanders...2-2 ?????
Oh really?

Prediction January 8
Poco Revolution FC v Surrey Coyotes.....10-0

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah I think it will be closer, Rangers coming off a loss and on the downswing and Athletics improving every game... 3-2 Athletics
i do agree it will be close but i after watching the athletics play they sure have a lot to offer going forward but with the minimal chances we managed to muster we scored and i dont know how the rangers are attacking wise but it will be close....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense to the Coyotes, but the Rangers match will be way tougher...and way more fun. It'll be a battle, and look...I don't play my Masters game till Saturday night.

Looking forward to bumping bellies Bullocks! :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we'll be at our midpoint this week. I guess by the end of the month most teams will :)

Just checked since we are at our midpoint right now, and the next 9 games will make or break us. Of our 9 games left, 2 of the teams are above us, and 7 are below us. We can make up some huge ground from our bed-shitting earlier in the year (and last week) starting with the Coyotes Sunday, which for once 8 PM is a nice time since we should have most of our squad out.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 1 Highlanders 4, they certainly had their shooting boots on tonight. First half we didn't manage very well...second half was essentially a 1 1 tie. Not a good start for us, but on we go...

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 1 Highlanders 4, they certainly had their shooting boots on tonight. First half we didn't manage very well...second half was essentially a 1 1 tie. Not a good start for us, but on we go...

lol nothing like a second half tie against a team that wrapped the game up by half.. guess you gotta look for the good where you can

scratch_hdcp

Feb 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was pretty much a complete drubbing, plain and simple. We won every ball handily in the first half, and took our foot off the gas in the second...

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 langley over Rangers

I guess 70% possession isn't enough. Rare Miscommunication between defender and goaltender gave langley a lucky break for 1, great set piece for their second. I don't remember losing two straight in 5 years. Worst was seeing that f-ing grin on Dude where's my lid after the match. F-ing hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.