Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter September2010

I dont know, I just dont think that a newly formed team, since they merged with the chaos deserves to be sent up in their 1st season without even playing 1 game!

The man has a point. I have never played the chaos, but we played vault last year, and they would do just fine in Div.2.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sentinel skipped Div 2 altogether and did ok.

The other thing you have to remember is the the Chaos was the castoffs and cuts from the SFC Strikers, who folded, so they are going to have a bunch of guys *likely* that played Div 1 last year also...

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh BC United I'm not trying to slag on you, I watched a game after you added the ACBC guys and you looked good.Everyone tries to improve their team each year but if you ask your buddies from the Nomads and ACBC they might be able to tell you a story.Ask them how after dominating div.3 4 or 5 years ago they came to div.2 and have been one of the better teams but have not won promotion yet.Or how ACBC was so good they were offered a pass to div.1 declined and it took 3 years to win promotion.
The question was pick the top couple teams in each group and I'm going with the Nomads and Aldergrove.Aldergrove went undefeated or close to it in div.2 2 years ago and won promotion to div.1 and are coming down this year.I'm sure you will be talented but you didn't dominate div.3 like the Nomads or ACBC therefore i wonder how people would pick you above proven div.2 teams.
But I could be wrong.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

And they're not a new team, they left SFC and became independent so the changed their name. They will be fine in D2, and with their golalie/D combo, they are not going to allow very many goals this year.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Franchise....

If you are still looking for a team, we'd be happy to add you up front. Our team has retooled at the back and in the middle, but are still looking for guys who can finish up front.

Guarantee you lots of playing time, good group of guys with no egos/attitudes. Looking to get over the hump this year to challenge for tops in our group.

Let me know if you your interested.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cloverdale Unt'd is still a new team to the League of FVSL. Yes they are a make-up of Chaos, Strikers and Premier Players, and Im sure they will be good. Dont get me wrong, the Chaos were by no means a bad team. But as Cloverdale Unt'd, they have not played a single game in the FVSL, and to get promoted right away to Div.2 I think is a croc, I dont think we deserved it, why Not Cloverdale FC who finished 3rd or have a playoff been all the teams who would like the promotion? And yes JBN sentinel did skip Div.2, but they had 1 year atleast in FVSL where they proved they could quite easily walk through div.3 and most div,2 teams with ease, Cloverdale UTd has not even played 1 game

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

So basically with that logic we should be in D3. According to the FVSL there was no PAU Nomads last year, so we should be in D3, correct? All they have done is change their name, and add some VMSL premier players.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hahaha, well fair enough. By my logic ya I guess so, but you were already in Div.2 and so was athletica and some surrey players and you also got some Div.1 peace arch players. The Chaos was a mid-pack lvl div.3 team, that didnt earn their spot in Div.2. You guys on the other hand, finished top 2 and transfered almost your whole club to Peace Arch... There is a difference, but I do see where your comming from. I just think maybe cloverdale FC shoulda gone up or atleast have some games between the teams to show they deserve to be in Div.2. Cause quite frankly they now have a bye due to the new system to either stay in Div.2 ( by winning this year) or they drop down to div.3 (and not finish 1st). Im just a sour pants and I dont wanna be stuck in Division 4 when some team I have never seen gets a cake walk into div.2

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I will agree with you there, they definitely didn't earn their spot. The only thing I can think of is that they got asked to take the 2C spot and were told that it would guarantee them not being in D4 next year so they said OK. I know it wasn't something they were looking for as I had been asked to play with them in D3 if I wanted to keep being lazy :)

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh BC United I'm not trying to slag on you, I watched a game after you added the ACBC guys and you looked good.Everyone tries to improve their team each year but if you ask your buddies from the Nomads and ACBC they might be able to tell you a story.Ask them how after dominating div.3 4 or 5 years ago they came to div.2 and have been one of the better teams but have not won promotion yet.Or how ACBC was so good they were offered a pass to div.1 declined and it took 3 years to win promotion.
The question was pick the top couple teams in each group and I'm going with the Nomads and Aldergrove.Aldergrove went undefeated or close to it in div.2 2 years ago and won promotion to div.1 and are coming down this year.I'm sure you will be talented but you didn't dominate div.3 like the Nomads or ACBC therefore i wonder how people would pick you above proven div.2 teams.
But I could be wrong.

Hahaha unlucky4u, I actually played on that ACBC team that dominated Div.3 and promoted quickly and that team was very dominate, but I left after that year ended, so couldn't tell you why it took them so long after. How ACBC and Nomads run there teams/clubs is there business, not sure why ACBC declined Div.1 or why Nomads haven't promoted, maybe they were just placed in tough divisions over the years.

But I run my team Div.2 BC United or any team I manage that they have to be ready/gunning/preparing for the next level before this season even starts, otherwise what's the point, and don't worry if we are offered a Div.1 spot this or before next season were taking it.

The reason why some are picking us probably as favourites this year is because we just beat a very good GEU Inter team in the KSL Sunday Cup, and you have to be a fairly good team to beat Inter. And Inter is one of the favourites in their group. I'm guessing that's why they are saying the Div.2 BC United is a favourite.

And in all fairness to the Div.3 teams last year, our group was a tough group last year, Cloverdale, Vault, Clones, Chaos, Storm, even Guildford toward the ending, were all tough teams. It took us a while to start to click, gel, and it took a while especially as we were bringing and signing players all season from all over the place. But eventually I felt we started to dominate close to the end with a 6-2 win over the Clones.

Anyways, your also entitled to pick whoever you want unlucky4u.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey BC United is my #2 pick right behind the Nomads in Div.2, they have a good team that gets along well (which is super important), plus theyre skilled

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

If anyone wants to play one more exhibition game this week before the season starts, Nomads are looking for a game. We have used up our field access times already and are looking for one more tuneup game. So if you have the field and are looking for a match, pm me or JBN.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

inter played their first exhibition of the year against our prem team. We won 4-1, they were missing 4 guys but still doesn't change the fact that Inter were outstanding. All of our new pick ups looked good and now here's to hoping brayden gant signs with us (top scorer on the whitecaps residency pdl this past summer ;) )!!

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Checked some of the registered players from other teams wondering where some of the nomad,athletica,dynamo players may have gone. At this time LUFC knights have no players registered????

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Checked some of the registered players from other teams wondering where some of the nomad,athletica,dynamo players may have gone. At this time LUFC knights have no players registered????

Athletica folded, their 4 best guys (Lyle, Paul, Maddocks and Sam) signed with the Nomads core group, along with 1 Dynamo (Nate Meier), Carniehore from ACBC Prem, and 1 former SFC Striker (Italian Stallion) and we moved clubs to PAU, and are now the PAU Nomads. Div 2B

Dynamo are still Div 1.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

inter played their first exhibition of the year against our prem team. We won 4-1, they were missing 4 guys but still doesn't change the fact that Inter were outstanding. All of our new pick ups looked good and now here's to hoping brayden gant signs with us (top scorer on the whitecaps residency pdl this past summer ;) )!!

Even if they're missing 4 guys, there is no reason they should have lost, being prem and all and a 2 division gap, YIKES!!! Could be a tough year for those boys. How come Brayden isn't with them anymore? Would be a fantastic sandbagging of signing, hes a great player, do you think he'll make the drop though?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tbh I doubt it but then again he live in ridge, his brother plays for us and Paul is gonna play with us too so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0