Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter September & October 2010

^^^^ Our players were not drinking and the ref is a cnut. You get it now shite weasel ?

Ref was shocking.

It did look like beer, but it's your word against his, don't think you should get any points deducted, that's harsh.

Some of your guys didn't really help your case though, by shouting accross at the ref after the final whistle, no matter what happens in a game you should always shake hands.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

FVSL CSI will be in on this one for sure, staking out the garbage cans to find either cans of Wildcat or the aformentioned Rockstar the GEU sidelines were reported to be drinking. We're all waiting for the outcome.......

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

last week GEU phoenix was fined $100 because a GEU inter player was drinking on the side line at our bench , no points deducted , just the fine , its my fault as im the manager and need to keep an eye on things , although i was also on the feild playing at the time.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

last week GEU phoenix was fined $100 because a GEU inter player was drinking on the side line at our bench , no points deducted , just the fine , its my fault as im the manager and need to keep an eye on things , although i was also on the feild playing at the time.

Do you get compensated or just show up at their next game with a bottle of Old English?

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

FVSL CSI will be in on this one for sure, staking out the garbage cans to find either cans of Wildcat or the aformentioned Rockstar the GEU sidelines were reported to be drinking. We're all waiting for the outcome.......

shite, with the amount they were drinking, we should have recycled their trash and kitted out our entire team out with swanky gear like they had!!

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

mikeyc9, if numbers are a problem, playing double headers (bradner cup + league ) 2 games in one weekend surely doesn't help the cause, you should have postponed your league game and that way # of minutes played goes down and # of injuries SHOULD be decreased as well. your management should have thought of that before going through with two games in the same weekend. however you do have the div 3 team to call up 7 players, how many did you call up vs geu bk ??

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wait, so let me get this straight... there was drinking and foul language at men's soccer game? Someone check if hell has frozen over :rolleyes:

SidelineMomSlayer

Feb 26, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually no TBL, spectators can not do whatever they please, they shouldn't be on your sidelines if they're just "spectators," and if they are on your sidelines your team is responsible for them and their safety/actions.

I'd say that taking away points would be too much, but then I'm not on the discipline committee, but a fine and stern talking to should be expected... but then they do mention "zero tolerance"

Nobody ever comes into our dugout/bench/sideline unless they are part of the team or are listed on the affiliation form.

~High and Mighty

Was this a piss take? its beer league mens soccer. Expect a few cans, there not going to hurt you big baby. Im sure your one of those guys who says " hey we all have to work tomorrow" after laying out a lame tackle and afraid of getting smashed.

Be a man.

SidelineMomSlayer

Feb 26, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

the first few paragraphs is something one of the guys on here wrote, about how beers on the sidelines deserve a fine.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

mikeyc9, if numbers are a problem, playing double headers (bradner cup + league ) 2 games in one weekend surely doesn't help the cause, you should have postponed your league game and that way # of minutes played goes down and # of injuries SHOULD be decreased as well. your management should have thought of that before going through with two games in the same weekend. however you do have the div 3 team to call up 7 players, how many did you call up vs geu bk ??

Woulda coulda shoulda Jimmy. Fact was that the Masters team and the Whalley United were some hard hitting teams. I mean in the Whalley game the ref warned us if we scored more to watch out for Whalley Utd, cause they "tackle hard", who knew.

Besides, some of the injuries sustained to our players aren't from those games but, one was in practice rolled his ankle, the other while he was running somewhere and injured his foot, and 2 didn't show for whatever reason. You can't really forecast that. Besides most were up and wanted to play the double header. Anyways, regular season is postponed this weekend, cause Pomo Gunners Div.1 is a bit tougher challenge

We actually called up none for GEU game, firstly cause we thought our numbers were fine for the game, but again you can't forecast players having whatever issues and not calling early enough in time to even contact our Div.3 team. And our Div.3 team had a game 1 hour later on that Sunday. Didn't want to leave them shortstacked against a tough Cloverdale team.

Anyways, Hindsight is 50/50 and live and learn. Good Luck to you this weekend Jimmy.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I kinda pushed for double header as I knew we could win both games. Plus there's probably going to be a lot of cancelations this winter so better to get as many out the way. 2 weeks ago we had loads of players, shite happens.

In hindsight it was a bad call, but it just means we have to work harder now.

Bradner cup next weekend, should be a great game.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are all games this weekend on Halloween a go? I know last season they postponed our game on the night of I think we were playing the coyotes out in slurrey

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think the lack of players will be BC United's undoing, they are a good team but 10 guys isn't going to win you anything. Unless you're playing Whalley :)

It sucks for the club when we have 2 games an hour apart on the same day.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are all games this weekend on Halloween a go? I know last season they postponed our game on the night of I think we were playing the coyotes out in slurrey

so far as i know, they are a go, cause Halloween is on the sunday night. We play TWU on sat at 9pm, but contacted them, our club and the league and got the time changed to 4:30! good news for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0