Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] November '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
phoning in at 4:30 for a 6:30 game isn't too cool... though at least they phoned... we don't want a win that way, were looking forward to redeeming ourselves after our ndfc fiasco... not they way to right the ship... well, possibly onto mission next week.. assuming their field isn't a swimming pool, or if it is, we can get rescheduled to one of our turf fields...

True that isn't cool. Doesn' seem like guys on that team give a shite about playing

JunctionKing

Sep 28, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final post on Dewdney game here.

Lack of presence up front? Do you realize how much of that game was spent in your end. I mean honestly about 35 minutes of the 2nd half were spent withing 30 yards of your goal. You had your entire team in the box.

Nobody on our team said a negative word until you idiots started to feel the pressure and started running your mouths. I didn't have a single word to say to you guys until some old balls on your team tried to tilly me for no reason. I'm not gonna stand for that, and I shouldn't have to, so I told it like it is.

We are younger, stronger, better looking.

And in first place.

PS. Where the **** is Dewdney?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, you sound bitter. If you read the posts, I clearly stated the you came at us in bunches after we scored our second goal. You are a very good Div. 1 team and as of right you are the best Div. 1 team. Premier is a gigantic step and you must improve if you want to compete up there.

JTL

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Junction,

You haven't beat Dewdney in 4 years, you haven't SCORED on the Rangers ever. You're still in first yes, but you young bucks are sucking wind and on the downward slide.

It sounds like you were lucky to tie it up against Dewdney. AND do you remember getting lucky against us Rangers with a goal called back (for us)?

When you're struggling against fat, old 30+ year olds - give your head a shake if you think you're ready for Premier!!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Junction,

You haven't beat Dewdney in 4 years, you haven't SCORED on the Rangers ever. You're still in first yes, but you young bucks are sucking wind and on the downward slide.

It sounds like you were lucky to tie it up against Dewdney. AND do you remember getting lucky against us Rangers with a goal called back (for us)?

When you're struggling against fat, old 30+ year olds - give your head a shake if you think you're ready for Premier!!

I don't think that is necessarily true. The Rangers and Dewdney would give most teams a tough game including premier teams. Both teams are full of ex-premier players who are mentally better equipped to play the game then Port Moody. Obviously both of those teams would have a MASSIVE struggle in premier as they don't have the fitness or ability they used to. Port Moody are 20 years old and in a pretty good spot considering, the experience and mental side of it will come with age and experience. They desperatly need to add 4 or 5 older players which apprently don'y exist in Port Moody but I think they will stay up in premier given the chance; 7th or 8th most likely. I'm sure most guys that played premier had older guys to look up to and see what it takes. These guys don't have that, they have each other and games like Dewdney and Rangers to help them become ready for a premier type game. I see them making the premier league stronger and think they deserve a little more respect because in 3-5 years they should be contending for titles. They should try to add some vet's to prevent the yo-yo between premier and div 1 which will never allow them to reach their potential however(Gary Roberts and Owen Nolan may be avilable)

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure where you guys get these "facts" as this is only the 2nd time Gunners have played Dwedney... 4 years ago both teams were in different div 2 divisions. Against the Rangers, Gunners tied them 1-1, 3 seasons ago, although 1 goal 0 wins in 3 games is not anything to cheer about.

That being said, Agree with JTL, that div 1 should be 10 teams. Games against teams like GEU don't help a team trying to move up, and you see the result when you tie teams like sikh, you play bad teams enough you eventually you play to their level. If the Gunners want to prepare themselves to premier, they need to play top teams and teams that have been there more then once a season. The dilution of the division makes the jump bigger then it should be.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The current Dewdney United formerly Coachmen have played the Gunners only twice. I think previous references are between the Dewdney Celtic and the Gunners. From that Celtic team I think about 5 of them now play on United. The Gunners are obviously the most consistent team so far in this league but do need a few capable, experienced veterans to move up to premier. 10 team division is a must for next year.

JTL

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the current dewdney united formerly coachmen have played the gunners only twice. I think previous references are between the dewdney celtic and the gunners. From that celtic team i think about 5 of them now play on united. The gunners are obviously the most consistent team so far in this league but do need a few capable, experienced veterans to move up to premier. 10 team division is a must for next year.

Jtl

how old do the vets have to be?

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Gunners are obviously the most consistent team so far in this league but do need a few capable, experienced veterans to move up to premier. 10 team division is a must for next year.
JTL

The Dewdneys are obviously the "second" most consistent team so far in this league but do need a few capable, inexperienced non-veterans to move up to premier. 10 team division is a must for next year.

seems like it works both ways....yours just sounds better because you said it first!

Lets just cut the "they need experiance" talk...it has no significance, all it does is help you and your other idiots feel like you still have some value left. Your "experiance" just blew a 2-0 lead which takes away any credibility that these stupid theories might have had.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have your fill of the pie, but no team this year will make any sort of impact in premier next year. Going back to 10 teams in div 1 will help teams realize what it takes to make the next jump and actually compete.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Dewdneys are obviously the "second" most consistent team so far in this league but do need a few capable, inexperienced non-veterans to move up to premier. 10 team division is a must for next year.

seems like it works both ways....yours just sounds better because you said it first!

Lets just cut the "they need experiance" talk...it has no significance, all it does is help you and your other idiots feel like you still have some value left. Your "experiance" just blew a 2-0 lead which takes away any credibility that these stupid theories might have had.

Talk about beating a dead horse. If we wanted to make the step to premier we would be signing younger, fitter players. Those types of players would obviously help our team in this league and I am not afraid to admit it. Most of our team consists of 34 - 38 year olds. We have a few that are around 30 and we have a few around and over 40. We are a group of friends that enjoy playing together and are basically waiting until all but 3 of us are 35 so we can move on.

When I was in my early 20's I just know that I wasn't playing Div. 1 Fraser Valley Soccer. Call me and my teammates has beens because that is exactly what we are, we just still enjoy playing the game a little bit, but mostly we enjoy chit chat over a few pints.

And I agree with Utah 100%.

JTL

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

what a load, experience is huge. your team is young and has potential as bulljive stated as well as JTL. Sure youth is great, but don't look beyond your giant bed shiiiting last year. I recall a certain loss not only to a div. 1 team loaded with older guys, but to a premier experienced bottom feeder. No one is stating drag your team down with age, but put some experience in key positions to create composure and control. Perhaps you do win div 1, good for you. Ask your other PM team, they too were good in div 1 but needed some vets to settle things. I could use many pro teams that have playoff vets that bring things together, but I will keep it simple and use PAU as a team that has both in their system and seem to have a fairly decent record wouldn't you think!? (prem. that is)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
how can anyone say any team has been consistant this year? every team in thsi league has taken points from teams above them im sure without looking. port moody have had the best results i wouldn't say they have been consitant if they was consitant they wouldnt drop points against mid and bottom of the pack teams like ourselfs and sikh. Dewdney also have dropped needless points to be able to be classed as consistant. I would say more along the lines of maybe a 15 team league cause i think pretty much every team can take points off any team on any day (proven), however i know dewdney wont accpet that comment as no1 can take points of them unless there missing players or have players with slight injuries.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree with you mission. Teams get up for games ALOT differently, and play much differently when your playing a team in the top 5 then in the bottom 5 or arguably 10. I'm sure if it was a 30 team league, you would still see teams dropping points to worse teams then ones currently in div 1, because you simply don't care about the game until you realize you didn't get the result you needed.

But maybe thats just due to lack of experiance. ;)

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
so long story short: everybody is wonderful because this is the fvsl... div 1.

pomo, theres a sandbox with your name on it so go build a hill but this time dont let your lego men fall off right before they reach the top. dewdney, theres a nice park bench beside the swings where you and rangers can discuss how disrespectful the youth of today are and what an amazing actor andy griffith truly is. im sure dude will appreciate the company.

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a load, experience is huge. your team is young and has potential as bulljive stated as well as JTL. Sure youth is great, but don't look beyond your giant bed shiiiting last year. I recall a certain loss not only to a div. 1 team loaded with older guys, but to a premier experienced bottom feeder. No one is stating drag your team down with age, but put some experience in key positions to create composure and control. Perhaps you do win div 1, good for you. Ask your other PM team, they too were good in div 1 but needed some vets to settle things. I could use many pro teams that have playoff vets that bring things together, but I will keep it simple and use PAU as a team that has both in their system and seem to have a fairly decent record wouldn't you think!? (prem. that is)

I could go one forever with this experience chatter...but i would like to make a quick note that there is a huge difference between PRO experience and amateur fraser valley god damn league experience. The experience from PROS, is genuinely the correct type of experience you want, these are guys that actually know the game or else they wouldn't be paid the millions to do what they do. The experience from an FVSL div 1 veteran, is the type that would encourage the wrong Canadian style of play that they have been brought up since the glory days of the 1986 olympic team. Ultimately what it comes down to here in the FVSL div 1 is what team can execute the "dump and chase" style of play (borrowed from hockey) the best. Fortunately, some teams are trying to radicate themselves from this style, but its hard when you got stubborn veterans. Luckily for PoMo, they don't have any of these vets, what it comes down for them, is how well they execute their tactics and unfortunatley some games they have failed to do so for the full 90 thus resulting in unfavored outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0