Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] November '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There may be a team out there looking to play spoiler yet to Dewd's season. I won't say who, but they sound like "Mathletic".

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was 2 1/2 and there was sweet F-all there. Very dissapointed.
Could have let me know before we went in

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was a lot there when they opened the doors, and we jumped the line.

It’s not what your know Yoda- it’s who you know.

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The difference is teams are getting pumped up to play POMO.
Every game we play is a battle because every team wants beat the Rangers.
It is really difficult to play 19 games when every game the other team is gunning for you.
Now that POMO are on top, every team is trying to measure themselves up against them.

Long winded, I know.
But my predicition is they finish the year with two losses and a few more ties.

Ya ok.... well its even more difficult to play 19 games when there are only 17 on the sched.

to make it clear, Zaurrini thinks that POMO will (at best) go 1-3-2 in the there final 6 games?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya ok.... well its even more difficult to play 19 games when there are only 17 on the sched.

to make it clear, Zaurrini thinks that POMO will (at best) go 1-3-2 in the there final 6 games?

Maybe he thinks PoMo will be to enthralled with all the video games and toys they got for Christmas that they come out of the break out of shape and uninspired. Hopefully for at least the first game.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Z,

I'll take the under and give PoMo a 2-2-2 record over the final three with Dewdney and Poco both with the best chances of taking 3 points.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

My point was that it is going to get tougher...
Other teams will try and measure themselves buy going head to head with the league leaders.

Going 1-3-2 will probably still be enough to finish 1st.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Div 1 winner will need 40 pts to assure first spot in the table. That's 13 pts from Moody's last 6 matches if they can do it.

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point was that it is going to get tougher...
Other teams will try and measure themselves buy going head to head with the league leaders.

Going 1-3-2 will probably still be enough to finish 1st.

Ya ya ya, its been the same story since week 1...and no, 1-3-2 is not good enough to still finish first, nice try tho

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will definately tight down the wire. Will ties cost the league title or losses.
Port Moody 3 ties
Rangers 4 ties
Dewdney 2 losses.
What hurts the most? Aside from points that is.

Way to many combinations of wins, losses, and ties to decide who will win.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the Rangers will be able to take 1st place. They will have too many ties due to there lack of offence.

Yup, tough to take first if we cannot put teams away. Every tie this year has had missed point blank opportunities.........same as last year.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will definately tight down the wire. Will ties cost the league title or losses.
Port Moody 3 ties
Rangers 4 ties
Dewdney 2 losses.
What hurts the most? Aside from points that is.

Way to many combinations of wins, losses, and ties to decide who will win.

I don't see what is going to be tight down to the wire. Moody will have the all wrapped up with 2 games to play. Dewdney has lost to the two best teams they have played and will drop points in IT LEAST 2 or 3 more games. Rangers although consistent don't have a good enough striker to allow them to win out the rest of their games. Don't get me wrong I would love to be in either one of your teams positions, but I think the real battle is between 4 or 5teams for second place.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You think they are guaranteed to win out? They are barely winning games right now and they tied #15 Sikh. I think they've still got their work cut out for them to take it all.

If they win out, they have it sealed, but 1 more tie and Dewdney could catch them by winning out, plus they still have a head to head matchup coming. TWU has the opportunity to be in it if they win out and seem to be playing good soccer right now.
Rangers with a bit of help from a couple other teams could do it as well.

you take 6 points away from Moody (2 games), that would give them 39 points in 15 games. SFC, TWU, and Dewdney U could all surpass them

I dont' know about the other top 5 or 6 teams but i'm not ready to hand it over to them quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0