Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Oct '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got home. Port Moody 6 PAU 0. Game was closer then the score lets on though. We gave them 2 gifts for goals in the first half. One being a mispass by a defender giving them a breakaway and the other basically being an own goal where our defender decided to head a ball back to me that he had no business touching. We had quite a few scoring opportunities but just couldn't put it away. The last 4 goals of the game were scored in the last 10-15 minutes and our hearts just weren't in it (3 breakaways and a penalty shot with no time left). Port Moody played very well I thought, and their keeper made a few nice saves in the first half which easily could've been momentum changers.

Not taking anything away from them, they were obviously the better team on the night and deserve to be the number 1 team in the league. Cheers guys.

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks for the report on the PM vs Peach arch game...just a couple of questions...
1. how close could a 6-0 drubbing really have been?

2. Also just curious how long 90min soccer games are in Peach Arch?? When did FIFA stop counting the last 15 min......

sorry but 6-0 sounds like a pretty 1 sided affair

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks for the report on the PM vs Peach arch game...just a couple of questions...
1. how close could a 6-0 drubbing really have been?

2. Also just curious how long 90min soccer games are in Peach Arch?? When did FIFA stop counting the last 15 min......

sorry but 6-0 sounds like a pretty 1 sided affair

Sigh...the game was close and very hard fought for the first 75-80 min. PM would admit their first 2 goals were gift wrapped for them. The last 10-15 minutes were obviously dreadful. Great questions though.

kick_it7

Mar 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 Sporting 1 - Thanks to 2 terrific through balls by the Sporting defenders to Ranger front runners.

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
u forgot to mention that our last 4 goals were with 10 men. np tho i'll mention it.:wa:
Ya, the ref was all business tonight. How many yellows did you guys end up with? He was handing them out left and right for the most trivial of tackles. GG though. You guys were obviously the better team tonight. Definately an eye opener for the rest of the year. GL the rest of the season.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 Sporting 1 - Thanks to 2 terrific through balls by the Sporting defenders to Ranger front runners.

A few gift wrapped goals, and the game was over.
We sat back on a nice lead and Sporting came at us for the final 30mins with no luck.
They were missing their tall keeper, but i dont think evn he would have stopped the gifts.

No tandoori, but we did go with chicken ceasar wraps followed by a nice apple crisp.

fatter and slower,
Z

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights over Delta Fc 4-2.....a little shocked with the score but I guess GEU finally have all there guys back.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
finally got to see the knights play and looks like i chose the right game 1-0 up in the first min 1-1 after 5 2-1 up after 15 2-2- after 20 the goal to make it 3-2 was a beutey from 40 yds out a guy saw the nd keeps on the 18yd line and slotted it in from almost half way line and its still only 30 mins in
it was 4-2 by half time
second half had similar number of chances for both teams but this time the keepers stood up well ..... well until one knights striker had the ball at half way and was looking for a guy to make the overlapping run and it turned out to be his own keeper :rolleyes:
other than that a sold game for a change

ttp8

Aug 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, well, well...to all who didnt believe(bored), this bus has just a few spots left. make sure to wipe your shoes before you get in. thanks. 5 games in>>>GF20 GA1

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 - Sporting 1

We broke in the new Turf with a couple goals in the first 5 mins. Z summed it up well ... Chicken Caesar wraps and Apple Crisp were outstanding. Sporting's goalie was shocking ... he actually got injured challenging Steppy about 20 yards out of the goal and had to be subbed out.

Next week GEU ...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights over Delta Fc 4-2.....a little shocked with the score but I guess GEU finally have all there guys back.

19 guys signed, 9 guys missing including our keeper and 7 starters. We played with 9 guys, 2 call ups who both played well actually and no subs. I know the knights have been dealing with the same thing all year as well. It is making excuses but really I don't think you should come out and win in this league when that happens. We still could have easily taking points out of the game as we had our chances but it is what it is. Next week will probably be the same thing as we play Mission on thanksgiving sunday at 6:30. Hopefully we get 11.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, the ref was all business tonight. How many yellows did you guys end up with? He was handing them out left and right for the most trivial of tackles. GG though. You guys were obviously the better team tonight. Definately an eye opener for the rest of the year. GL the rest of the season.

loved the way he handled the game. nice to see a ref get in a players face and start yelling at us. sure he had a couple calls both teams aren't going to agree with, that'll never not happen, but he handled it well and he's a younger guy that's been around awhile and apparently he's had enough of everyone yelling at him. everyone on the pitch respected him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0