Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Oct '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
razorbacks 3- strikers 1
first 10 min we gave 2 gifts one goal kick straight to #22 n then a miss read n sent #22 in again ... then #22 pots his third about 10 min later .. we get one back before half ..
plain and simple we had no finish yet again and then had #22 ..
well done to dewdney ..

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 - 0 'Gers over LU Athletic

Some clutch call-ups from the Masters 'Gers ... all of them contributed big time. 'Gers with two goals from set pieces including Nic "Bend it like Beckham" getting his third set piece marker of the year.

Langley battled hard ... bit chippy at times (Athletic got two red cards) but overall 'Gers with most of the play.

Tough luck for Rover - some great saves as usual.

Dewdney here we come!

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PA Selects 2-0 over PoCo.

Could easily have been 4 or 5 -0. We controlled the play and played our game for almost the entire 90minutes. They are fast and have some good players (best team we played yet), but other than about 10 minutes in the first half, and some scrambly last minute play, they didn't have any chances and our keeper was there when he needed to be.

First half a hard low cross comes in across the box and our striker takes it from just behind the penalty spot and buries it. 1-0 us.

5 minutes into second half the ball is fed to our right mid who charges it down and gets a shot off just as the PoCo keeper wipes out his ankle (out for 1-2 weeks) - ball bounces over the keep and goes in far corner. 2-0 us.

Now PoCo was getting a bit panicky and weren't making the plays and passes that they were in the first. We had 2 goal mouth scrambles in front of their net where we have no clue how the ball stayed out, including one where, after 4-5 chances, one of the defenders cleared the ball off the line.

Good game, physical but not rough, and ref was pretty good with the calls.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we Defiantly DESERVED it....:wa::wa::wa::wa:

Who's defiant?

No doubt we were asleep at the wheel for both markers. When Nick is on the ball for a set piece, everyone on the park needs to be sharp, and you need to physically STAND ON THE BALL.

Same goes w/ Curtis' first...you can never let that opportunistc cnut run free like that.

Anyhow, it went unmentioned that both goals were 5 minutes in.

Fcuking Rangers. Cnuts, the lot of 'em.

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we Defiantly DESERVED it....:wa:

"Definitely" spell check let me down on that one...

Anyway, Dude....Yup **** the Ger's & we are all ****s.... like no ones herd that before

"IMO" You couldn't play for us if you were in your prime & lucky to be on the bench for Langley as it is

The rapist touch just dont do it now days.

BTW
If you spent as much time on the pitch as you do bashing the Rangers on TTP you might actually be able to develop a touch

Road trip continues, On to the Dewdney.

Hatman Out

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to put this out there....What is with POCO, everyone sucks there..... saying how good they are, but why do they seem to drop points against teams they should beat...no disrespect to teams, but all I seem to hear is how good they are. Young? inexperienced? someone? Honest question, have not played them and am wondering wtf....
As for the game yesterday, short of the last 10 min. and a few chances in the first (2 down by then) langley seemed disinterested and lost. We were missing many, had great call ups and still took it to them for the majority of the game? Dude? I also have to mention your teams quality tackles? We get calledout for whining? Glass houses and stones, something about that comes to mind.
Anyhow, juice should have been tossed for that tackle and Mackers got screwed at the end of the game....Another reason this league should be 2 sides so each team has another chance to play eachother. waited a year to beat you dude, the better team won. :knvb:

FarStick

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild - I agree. the tackle was a bit late. Could have been a red but if Andy isn't going to give a yellow for the tackle on Mackers in the first half he would be hard pressed to flash red to me.

The big ugly #20 played well for you guys - ran his bag off 6 yard box to 6 yard box. As for the rest of you guys it looks like you need to get healthy. there wasn't much coming out of the guys coming off injuries.

Anyway off to next week. Hope to see you guys again in the Pak.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to put this out there....What is with POCO, everyone sucks there..... saying how good they are, but why do they seem to drop points against teams they should beat...

Are you saying Peace Arch is a team that POCO shouldn't be dropping points to? We have only 1 loss in 7 games, where's the love?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild, is all that code for "why isn't any team as good as us?"
;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Definitely" spell check let me down on that one...

Anyway, Dude....Yup **** the Ger's & we are all ****s.... like no ones herd that before

"IMO" You couldn't play for us if you were in your prime & lucky to be on the bench for Langley as it is

The rapist touch just dont do it now days.

BTW
If you spent as much time on the pitch as you do bashing the Rangers on TTP you might actually be able to develop a touch

Road trip continues, On to the Dewdney.

Hatman Out

I was feeling kind and was going to let you off the hook, but hey...it's Sunday and I'm feeling bitchy.

I am absolutely shocked those guys let you hang around. You're a diving little pussy who won't get stuck into a tackle if your life depends on it. That, and you still haven't crawled out of my back-pocket, or Will's. You were outright owned yesterday by two guys who have forgotten more about this game than you can hope to learn. Seriously kid, you shouldn't rate yourself so high, because yesterday you were an embarrassing little bitch to your teammates.

Anyhow, I will say you "defiantly" deserved the win, no doubt about it. We were our own worst enemies, I thought it was a great battle all around. And, so you know...when I say "Fcuking Rangers, the lot of 'em", I do so affectionately, as I have played w/ most of your teammates, and have battle w/ them on the park. You, Nancy, don't fit the mould one bit.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you saying Peace Arch is a team that POCO shouldn't be dropping points to? We have only 1 loss in 7 games, where's the love?

Just keep hearing how good they are and am a little surprised they have lost 3.
As for the slide on mackers, didn't have a good view of it and didn't see how he slide in so cannot comment. Barry is the guy in the middle, I believe he is 45 and just ran a marathon...guy is a machine, def. made difference in the middle.
Yoda, no one is as good as the Rangers think we are!:wa:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We'll show you love if you can still say that after you play Mission, Moody and the Mighty Rangers ... :D

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll show you love if you can still say that after you play Mission, Moody and the Mighty Rangers ... :D

Well said Bollacks! Those three games will be fun.

I do like the fact that everyone is not taking us seriously and seems to look past us. Its way easier being the underdog. That being said we are not doing bad for a team that everyone said would be chased back to Div. 2.

Hope you enjoy playing Div. 2 soccer next year Stal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0