Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco is a very good team. By far the best we have played this season. I am not sure how many premier players were playing but they were very skilled, young and quick. They dominated us for the first 30 minutes and then Bored came alive and chipped the goalie. Second half was a different story. Our team started to finally play this year and Bored got his second of the day on breakaway spoon feed from his striking partner. We continued to press and our last goal and game winner came from a free kick. Very good Poco team that will win most games. Hopefully Chrissy will be alright with a dislocated knee cap. Might need surgery from what I understand. Big derby match next week. Razorbacks are way better this year and we need to play like we did in the second half of this game.

Rangers, ND game sounds like a bitch fest. You slapped me, and he pinched him, that guy pulled my hair, yada yada yada.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies to the team this weekend. I did say that we would clip the 2 goals against thing in the bud this weekend and we let in 2.
At least now i know i need to sweep for the keeper as well.
:)

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco is a very good team. By far the best we have played this season. I am not sure how many premier players were playing but they were very skilled, young and quick. They dominated us for the first 30 minutes and then Bored came alive and chipped the goalie. Second half was a different story. Our team started to finally play this year and Bored got his second of the day on breakaway spoon feed from his striking partner. We continued to press and our last goal and game winner came from a free kick. Very good Poco team that will win most games. Hopefully Chrissy will be alright with a dislocated knee cap. Might need surgery from what I understand. Big derby match next week. Razorbacks are way better this year and we need to play like we did in the second half of this game.

Rangers, ND game sounds like a bitch fest. You slapped me, and he pinched him, that guy pulled my hair, yada yada yada.

JTL

only 1 player that played on sat will dress vs langley premier today, we should have buried u guys early, goal of the season from #9, very humble match report JTL! Chris is facing surgery today or Monday, torn ligaments, ouch!:cool:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we should have buried u guys early,

You guys didn't have chances to bury us early. You controlled the play but never really got any good opportunities to put it in the net.

On that note, neither did we.
:)

How did you like the gift on the second goal? Was it easy enough?

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

JTL
it actually wasnt, dope is making a f*king bigger deal than it was. bitching that is. Ref did cause much of the shite in the end, i didnt see the punch so i have nothing to say about that.
as for knee cap... ouch. not good.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM Gunners 4 - Dynamo 1, scoreline was probably what most people would have predicted but it was a good hard fought game for the 1st 70mins.

We went up 1-Nil on a poach vs. an over confident defender and held the lead till about half if I remember correctly. They scored to tie on a sitter of a corner kick, guy was all alone un marked about 4 yards out? Well finished though. They took the lead right after the ensuing 1/2 time kick-off when they basically walked down the wing while our defenders chatted about who shagged who on Friday night. Shamefull really. Our keeper then blundered a free ball to allow the 3-1 goal, and the 4-1 goal was a cracker shot that our keeper got a piece of, then swatted the rebound away. The official, from 40 yards called the ball accross the goal line. Not a chance, my keeper has had enough of those go the other way and was completely sure it didn't.

That said, Gunners won the game, and the 4-1 goal was a bit moot. We always enjoy our games vs. them and this one was no different. We made 3-4 mistakes and paid for them. I also thought we played well outside of those errors, which makes us having played pretty well for 3 games of 4, and having 1 point to show.

Boo.

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
he lost the plot cause the ranger player sucker punched him in the head behind the play...very classy....

and the oscar for best person pretending to be shot by a sniper goes to......Z, no surprize..

Never saw the punch, but if one was thrown it i would agree in it being classless, the first half was clean and hard fought second was a little chippy but really not bad other than one little toss up

As for the oscar.....
It should go to the lad who had the spazz attack, Z was a close second

PAYCE!!!!
HATMAN16

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and the oscar for best person pretending to be shot by a sniper goes to......Z, no surprize..honestly Z how can you hold your head up after being lightly push (cause you kicked our guy on the ground)

I never touched any guy on the ground....

The guy was fouled, and I kicked the ball away that was near him.
One of your players thought it would be a good idea to push someone from behind while standing in front of the ref.
Smart.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
he lost the plot cause the ranger player sucker punched him in the head behind the play...very classy....

Talking to a few guys on the sideline, they said the bigger ND player was faking punches , and then bragging he was making him flinch.

The ND player should have flinched. he didnt and took a shot.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Z your better than that kid for real give your head a shake.....arnt you glad i didnt say your name once.......later folks

I was struggling from the opening whistle.
Set the tone with a couple late challenges, and slowed the game down.
I was suprised not to receive a yellow for a couple of them...I dont even think he called a foul on any of them.

ND is a solid young team.
I think they just a need a couple of veteran players to show them how to win. ;)

I have to say whomever lost that game, was done for the league title and destined for another season in Div 1.

Z

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There could have been 5-10 calls for late tackles against the Rangers. Almost every time we passed the ball there was a late clip. We are just so stupid that we don't realize bitching isn't going to get us a call. Instead we get fouled all game but are the ones taking the cards for yapping after non calls. I mean really how does it feel to get punched in the face and then be the one to get the lone yellow card. Z honestly your still a talented player but the flopping shite is ridiculous whether you draw a card or not. Lets move on, it was actually a enjoyable game to play in. I just wish we got to play again.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not because I’m bitter. I brought home a chocolate Sunday for Mrs. Dude last night, you see.

We lost 2-1 to Mission last night, in Mission. This is a good, young team that came out and outpaced us by a wide margin in the 1st 15 minutes, and were rewarded w/ 2 goals for their effort in that time. We settled down, and came back quickly w/ 1 from Hayes- his second brilliant chance of the contest to that point. W/ about 20 minutes left in the 2nd, and all through the 3rd, we held a fair edge in play and possetion, and I will say I feel we deserved a better fate as we had one goal called back when Sig was the only person on the park who perceived Chris Hayes to be offside when he carried the ball past by their last defender and slotted one, and on another clear breakaway where he started his run onside when the ball was played, and simply made a great run past their last man.

But, as you all know, w/ Sig, you have to expect a fair amount of blindness to set in, and frankly, we could have as easily been awarded a PK on a phantom call he was so erratic. I’m sure if Fil was suiting up for us, we’d have had one w/ his ability to play act, but allas, we just don’t have any divers.

All in all, a disappointing result, but certainly not a bad effort. Our effort would have earned us a tie and likely a win w/ a sharp ref and a couple of linesmen. That’s the way it goes sometimes. Great all around battle though, These kids will take a lot of points from a lot of teams this year, especially on their park as the season wears on.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But, as you all know, w/ Sig, you have to expect a fair amount of blindness to set in, and frankly, we could have as easily been awarded a PK on a phantom call he was so erratic. I’m sure if #7 was suiting up for us, we’d have had one w/ his ability to play act, but allas, we just don’t have any divers.

And hence, you guys lost, and we found a way to win despite being old and fat.

PS Dont say my name.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
despite being old and fat.

There can be only ONE! I thought that was our banner - Old and Phat!

No Question about Match of the Week this weekend.
Dewdney V. Dewdney
5 goals, 4 reds, 3 yellows last year and this year the Razorbacks are an improved team.

United to Win, despite being old and phat.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Strikers 1 - Sikh United 1

We still can't figure out how to finish games off in D1 yet, which has led to an abysmal start to the season for us. First half was very even with both teams getting chances, their goal off a nice header, ours after I intercepted a D's pass, beat him and then slotted it in the top corner to tie the game. 2nd half was all ours, they had one chance (a great one off the crossbar) but other than that it was all us. Problem was as soon as we get 20 yards out we seem to forget what we're trying to do. More than enough chances to win, but we decided to make that extra pass or just plain miss. Fcuk me this sucks. On to the bye week and then TWU.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
only 1 player that played on sat will dress vs langley premier today, we should have buried u guys early, goal of the season from #9, very humble match report JTL! Chris is facing surgery today or Monday, torn ligaments, ouch!:cool:

If you only had 1 premier player out there, I would say you guys are a very good div. 1 team and should finish top 5 for sure. Lots of teams are dropping points early in the season. I would have to say Mission is the early surprise of the season along with Peace Arch United who were almost relegated last year. Looking forward to our derby match this weekend.

JTL

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
early surprise of the season along with Peace Arch United who were almost relegated last year. Looking forward to our derby match this weekend.

JTL
Not surprised about PAU, last year was just unlucky. They were decent the lyear before that, just needed consistency.
Would like to watch the dewdney battle, should be interesting as I seem to recall the rough battle last year....
Dude, good to see you still have a nudger for us Rangers and Z! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0